Monday 27 June 2022

Baekhyun - Bambi

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Bambi is Baekhyun's 3rd mini album.
On the 4th of March 2021, SM Entertainment announced that, Baekhyun would be releasing Bambi and that it would be his final release before starting his military service.
On the 10th of March 2021, the 1dt teaser image was released.
On the 20th of March 2021, the 'Bambi' Mood Sampler was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 21st of March 2021, the 1st set of teaser images were released.


On the 22nd of March 2021, the 2nd set of teaser images were released.

On the 23rd of March 2021, the 3rd set of teaser images were released.


On the 24th of March 2021, the 4th set of teaser images were released.


On the 25th of March 2021, the Bambi M/V teaser #1 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of March 2021, the 5th set of teaser images were released.

On the 27th of March 2021, the 6th and final set of teaser images were released.

On the 28th of March 2021, the Bambi Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 29th of March 2021, the Bambi M/V teaser #2 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of March 2021, the Bambi M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of his 3rd mini album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment

An hour before the albums release, Baekhyun appeared on a live broadcast through the Naver app V Live, where he promoted and discussed the album.
Hours before the albums release, Korean news media reported that pre-orders had surpassed 833,392 copies, making Bambi the most pre-ordered album by a soloist in South Korean history. The record was previously held by Baekhyun's 2nd mini album Delight.

Bambi won Baekhyun 1 music show trophy through Music Bank.

Bambi peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.8 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No34 on the UK Digital Albums Chart and No.15 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 1,007,625+
Oricon Sales = 1,267+
Giving the album a total of 1,008,892+ in total sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Bambi has so far gained 48,489,348 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Bambi was released in 4 versions: 2 photo book versions named Bambi & Night Rain, and 2 jewel case versions named Dreamy & Misty.
The photo book versions are set out in a clear slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyric book, 2 folded posters, sequence film, a random clear card, a random postcard and a random photocard.
The jewel case versions are set out in a normal jewel case can comes with the Cd, booklet, lyrics paper, random AR clip card and a random AR photocard.
Photo books for all versions are different.

Track List:
Love Scene
Bambi
All I Got
놀이공원 (Amusement Park)
Privacy
Cry For Love


























































I have the Starry Night version and I absolutely love the photo book, I love that the pages change depending on the concept, with the darker pictures being on matt pages and the brighter pictures being on glossy pages, it really makes all the pictures stand out.
The layout of the album isn't something special or different as I have a few albums with either the same or similar layouts, but it doesn't take away from the concept.
The album itself allows us to hear a side to Baekhyun that we've not really heard from his solo albums.

I love the melody for Love Scene, the melody blends stunningly with Baekhyun's voice. I think this is a stunning song to start the album with and really sets the tone for the rest of the album
Love Scene

If I have to pick a favourite title track from Baekhyun, it has to be Bambi, when I first heard this track, if it wasn't for Baekhyun's distinctive vocals I would have thought it was a new song from Kai, because of how sultry it sounded. His vocals on this track are breath taking and it really showcases how amazing his voice is.
Bambi

While the melody for All I Got sounds pretty basic and simple, Bakehyun's vocals take it to a whole new level. While not necessarily my favourite track in terms of the melody, I could listen to this track all day, just for his vocals alone. This is one of those songs that can takes you on a journey, so sit back, close your eyes and enjoy the ride.
All I Got

As soon as 놀이공원 (Amusement Park) starts, I always feel my body take over and end up with my eyes closed, swaying with the music allowing the melody and vocals to wash over me. it gives me vibes of a lullaby, it's so soothing.
놀이공원 (Amusement Park)

I can't help but feel that Privacy is the perfect Sunday morning track, the melody is so relaxing and is perfect to chill out to in the morning. The lyrics are perfect too, I think we can all relate that we all want that something that we can keep private that allows us to stray away from what people know of you.
Privacy

I absolutely adore the melody for Cry For Love, I feel that this track screams Baekhyun and I think it's definitely one of my favourite tracks on this album. This track takes me back in time and makes me feel like I'm discovering Baekhyun and EXO all over again. I don't think I'll ever be left feeling underwhelmed from Baekhyun's voice, it's definitely one of my favourite voices in the K-pop world.
Cry For Love

The best way I can describe this album is that it's easy-listening, whenever you're wanting to sit back, relax and enjoy music, this is the album for it. His voice is really one for the senses, and he never fails to blow me away with how strong and beautiful his voice is and I still find it hard to believe that I've heard it live in person.

It's not while recently listening to this album that I've realised how much I'm missing hearing his voice and I can't wait for him to return from his military service.

Were you a fan of Bambi?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were your thoughts on Bambi as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment