Friday 8 April 2022

Chinese Drama - Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Google Images

Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling is a 2021 Chinese romantic comedy drama written by Dai Qi and Daisy Yan, and directed by Zhong Qing.
The series contains 24 episodes and aired from the 20th of May 2021 until the 9th of June 2021.

Main Cast:
Zhao Lu Si as Gu An Xin
Google Images

Terry Liu as Ling Yue
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Yana Zhang as Ai Li
Google Images

Daisy Li as Gu Xin Er
Google Images

Zhou Jun Wei as Gu An Sheng
Google Images

Qi Pei Xin as Ling Sheng
Google Images

He Peng as Ling Fang
Google Images

Liu Yin Jun as Xiao Yi Shan
Google Images

Zong Yuan Yuan as Xu You You
Google Images

Liu Zhe Hui as Zhao Lei
Google Images

Xu Rong Zhen as Yang Hong
Google Images

Wang Shuo as Gu Yuan Chao
Google Images

Wang Ce as Ling Tian
Google Images

Su Xin as Yu Xin
Google Images

Zhang Heng Yu as Yu Guo
Google Images

The series is adapted from web novel "I Accidentally Picked Up A President" written by Chun Feng Yi Du.

Google Images

Like many other dramas I've watched, this drama also has songs that take me back in. Check them out below.
Zhao Lu Si - Picking Up Your Rainy Day

Stephanie Mingyang Yang & Xiao Le Ge - Our Story

Qi Pei Xin - Let Me Love You

Iki & Gengyin Yu - Fortress of the Mind

A spunky young woman, doing her best to make her dreams come true, Gu An Xin never expected her life to be anything other than ordinary. Working as a delivery-woman, An Xin spent her days zipping around the city, completely unaware that her life was about to take an unusual turn. But turn it did, the day she ran, quite literally, into a man by the name of Ling Yue.
The heir of a major corporation, Ling Yue was poised to take over the family business, until an unfortunate accident nearly cost him his life. Severely injured and left for dead, things for Ling Yue couldn't get much worse. Or so he thought. Dragging himself onto the road, in search of help, Ling Yue ran directly into An Xin, or rather she ran into him. Terrified of what she'd just done, An Xin rushed Ling Yue to the hospital, only to find that not only was he badly injured, but also suffering from a case of amnesia. Unable to leave a memory-less Ling Yue stranded, An Xin invites him into her home,  promising to do her best to nurse him back to health.
Polar opposites, An Xin anf Ling Yue find living together to be difficult, at best, but time and patience brings about an unexpected change. Drawing ever closer, the two realize their feelings for each other have taken an unexpected turn, at least until Ling Yue's memories return. 
Remembering who he is, will Ling Yue and An Xin really be able to find a way to live happily ever after?

Zhao Lu Si is one of the Chinese actresses that I always make sure to watch, so when I saw she was the female lead in Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling, I knew I had to give it a watch. While I really enjoyed the series, I did feel there was too much going off in the plot, that at times, I got confused as to what was going off, we had someone trying to kill Ling Yue, someone else trying to harm/kill An Xin, we also had the mystery into An Xin's past and who her father was, at times it did seem really surreal. With all that said, the cast did amazing job, and I was blown away as the series began to conclude, it definitely wasn't the outcome I was expecting.
I loved Zhao Lu Si as Gu An Xin, she is a really strong and independent young woman, but at times, she did come across as naive. She truly believes that she has to work hard to reach her dreams and not take any shortcuts, and when Ling Yue tries to help her in that way, he makes her feel that her own efforts aren't enough.
This was my first time watching Terry Liu, and I thought he did an amazing job as Ling Yue, in the beginning with An Xin, Ling Yue seems really naive, clumsy and clueless, and we later find out he's far from that, and that he's really clever, mischievous and cunning, but when it comes to his feelings and relationship with An Xin, he's still very naive. At the start of the series he added a lot of comedy, so it was nice to see his character change throw the series.
Yana Zhang was perfect as Ai Li, Ai Li is a woman that seems to be strong both physically and mentally, but the more we see and learn about her, the more we see that that's how she believes that's the way she should be, she believes showing any emotions or letting people in is a form of weakness, and she has to learn a knew mentality.
Daisy Li was spot on as Gu Xin Er, she's your typical rich bitch that believes she deserves to be on Ling Yue's arm because she's known him longer and had feelings for him longer, and even though Ling Yue has made it clear he's not interested in her romantically and only sees her as a really dear friend, she still tries to ruin his relationship with her sister Gu An Xin. She also seems to find it easy to string along Ling Yue's younger brother Ling Sheng. I did like how she changed towards the end and became more accepting of both An Xin and Ling Yue.
There always seems to be an adopted brother that's in love with his sister, and that's what we get with Zhou Jun Wei as Gu An Sheng. At times it felt like that he felt he deserved to have his feelings returned because he's been there for her the longest. I always feel like the character developments for this type of character is always the same, but I have to admit that Zhou Jun Wei did an amazing job in his role.
Well well well, I applaud Qi Pei Xin as Ling Sheng, his character took turns that I wasn't really expecting, so much so my jaw dropped when all was revealed, which I have to admit that for me, made him steal the show. To me it seemed that no one ever expected much from him, so they left him to his own devices, when all he really wanted was to be acknowledged by those around him.
I loved He Peng as Ling Fang, he plays a bad boy really well, and I'd love to see him in more bad boy roles, but I did enjoy seeing his soft side, which I think showed that his bad boy image was more of a cover to hide that he really just wanted to protect his family.
I definitely though that Liu Yin Jun added some comedy as Xiao Yi Shan, I had my fingers crossed for him and Ai Li and I thought it anyone could break down her walls, it would be him, as he seemed really patient and wanted her to learn how to not only let others in but to allow herself to love and feel confident about herself.
I loved Zong Yuan Yuan as Xu You You and Liu Zhe Hui as Zhao Lei, they were the perfect friends to Gu An Xin, they wanted to make sure she never stopped believing in herself and always worked towards her dreams and never give up. I also thought that they were perfect for each other, while part of me wanted An Sheng to fall for You You, I'm glad that that wasn't the case, I think You You and Zhao Lei brought the best out of each other.

While at times I didn't think this drama flowed together really well, I still really enjoyed watching it and coming across actors and actresses that I wasn't familiar with.
I would really recommend giving this drama a watch.

Have you watched Please Feel at Ease Mr. Ling?
Were you a fan of the cast?
Did you enjoy the plot and script?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Viki Global T

No comments:

Post a Comment