Monday 29 November 2021

NCT Dream - Hot Sauce

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Hot Sauce is NCT Dream's 1st full length album, and is the first Dream album to be released with the return of Mark to the line-up, after the termination of the age-based graduation system.

On the 11th of April 2021, SM Entertainment announced that NCT Dream would be making a comeback with their 1st full length album, by releasing a teaser image.
Google Images
On the 21st of April 2021, the Crazy Jalapeno images were released for Mark and Jeno.





On the 22nd of April 2021, the Crazy Jalapeno images for Jaemin, Haechan and Chenle were released.





On the 23rd of April 2021, the Crazy Jalapeno images were released for Jisung and Renjun.



On the 24th of April 2021, the Crazy Jalapeno Group images were released.


On the 26th of April 2021, the Boring Jalapeno images for Mark and Jeno were released.



On the 27th of April 2021, the Boring Jalapeno images for Jaemin, Haechan and Chenle were released.






On the 28th of April 2021, the Boring Jalapeno images for Jisung and Renjun were released.




On the 29th of April 2021, the Boring Jalapeno Unit and Group images were released.





On the 1st of May 2021, the Chilling Jalapeno images for Mark and Jeno were released.



On the 2nd of May 2021, the Chilling Jalapeno images were released for Jaemin, Haechan and Chenle.





On the 3rd of May 2021, the Chilling Jalapeno images for Jisung and Renjun were released.


On the 4th of May 2021, the Chilling Jalapeno Group images were released.



On the 5th of May 2021, the Dreamverse Chapter 1 video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 6th of May 2021, the Dreamverse Chapter 2 video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainmnent
On the 7th of May 2021, the Dreamverse Chapter 3 video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 8th of May 2021, the Jalapeno (Scoville 274) images were released.






On the 9th of May 2021, the final teaser images were released, along the release of the M/V Teaser for their title track Hot Sauce.









Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 10th of May 2021, the M/V for Hot Sauce was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 1st full length album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 23rd of May 2021, the Hot Sauce Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

On the 9th of May 2021, the album had exceeded more than 1.71 million copies in pre-orders, setting a new record as SM Entertainment's highest album pre-orders of all time.
The album sold 1 million copies on the first week of release according to the Hanteo Chart.
Then on the 26th of May 2021, the album had sold more than 2 million copies.

Hot Sauce won NCT Dream a total of 8 music show trophies, winning 1 on Show Champion, 3 on M Countdown, 2 on Music Bank, 1 on Show! Music Core and 1 on Inkigayo.

Mark, Jeno, Jaemin and Jisung co-wrote on the lyrics for track Rainbow (책갈피).

Hot Sauce peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.72 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.24 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.10 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 2,081,267+
Oricon Sales = 120,556+
Chinese Sales = 118,261+
Giving the album so far a total of 2,320,114+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Hot Sauce has so far gained 142,559,850 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Hot Sauce was released in 4 versions: 3 photo book versions; Crazy, Boring & Chilling. And a jewel case version.
The photo book versions are set out in a card slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, photo card book, sticker sheet, Thanks To sheet, random poster and a random photo card.
The Crazy version is red, the Boring version is green and the Chilling version is yellow, all 3 photo books are different.
The jewel case version is set out in a bag with a random member cover and comes with the Cd, booklet, lyrics paper, a random folded poster, a random AR photo card and a random AR clip card.

Track List:
맛 (Hot Sauce)
Diggity
고래 (Dive Into You)
우리의 계절 (My Youth)
Rocket
Countdown (3,2,1)
ANL
주인공 (Irreplaceable)
지금처럼만 (Be There For You)
Rainbow (책갈피)





















































I have the Crazy version of the album and I absolutely love the photo book, I love all the colours and the concept behind it all, I also love that we don't have the usual and typical camera angles and lenses. I think the backdrop makes the members really stand out and they look like they had fun while doing the photo shoot for this version.
I'm happy that Mark is back with Dream, I was gutted when he had to graduate, but I also can't help but feel sorry for him as it means he'll be getting less break time, it's the same for Haechan too, this year they've had 2 comebacks with NCT Dream, 2 with NCT 127 and they're preparing for their comeback with NCT 2021.
I love the whole album, I love the mature sounding Dream, but they still have hints of their music from before, each track is different and has me moving along with them.

I remember when I saw the M/V teaser for 맛 (Hot Sauce), it caught me off guard because I thought it sounded odd, but it had me excited to hear how it was going to sound, and it didn't let me down. I love the melody and I think the raps and vocals fit perfectly, the chorus is so catchy. You can't help but dancing along to this track, it's so fun and upbeat.
맛 (Hot Sauce)

I absolutely love Diggity, it really reminds me of old-skool NCT Dream, the chorus is so catchy that you can't help but sing and groove along with it.
Diggity

I have to say that 고래 (Dive Into You) is one of my favourite tracks from this album, I love the melody and I absolutely love the vocals and raps. Each of the members stand out and the harmonization is perfect.
고래 (Dive Into You)

우리의 계절 (My Youth) sounds so familiar to me, it makes me feel al nostalgic, but the melody does remind me of another NCT track. I love how mellow this track is and I love how they blend their vocals with the melody.
우리의 계절 (My Youth)

Rocket definitely gives me old-skool NCT Dream vibes, they always pull off the tracks that have what I call a bright vibe. I love the melody and I absolutely love the chorus, no matter what I'm doing when this song is playing, my body takes over and I always find myself either bopping my head along or tapping my foot in time with the music.
Rocket

Another track that screams NCT Dream is Countdown (3,2,1), the melody is so catchy, and especially for me, from the first notes of the melody, you know it's going to be an awesome song as well as being catchy. Then as soon as the chorus kicks in you know you're going on an adventure. This main thing I love about this track is that it allows them to explore another mature sound, allowing to move away from that signature NCR Dream sound.
Countdown (3,2,1)

For me ANL, is a completely new sound and vibe for NCT Dream, which I think allows the group to show how far they've come since their cute Chewing Gum concept. I can't explain why I love this song so much, I love the music, I love the raps and I especially love the vocals, I especially think this track is perfect for Haechan, Renjun and Chenle's vocal ranges and tones.
ANL

This is where I'm going to stop sharing tracks from the album, because if you're familiar with SM Entertainment, when a group releases a full-length album, they make a comeback a couple of months later with a repackaged album, and it's no different for NCT Dream, so I will be sharing the final 3 tracks with you when I post about their repackaged album.

This album for me shows a turning point for NCT Dream, while still giving us songs that are bright, that you can straightaway recognise as their own sound, they're starting to move more into more mature sounding songs too, allowing their music to grow with them. For me I think each of their albums connects with the stages of not only their career but also the stages of their age and youth. If you've been with Dream since Chewing Gum, like I have, then you've watched them grow into their music. No matter how much they grow and change, for me they're still those teeny teenagers, I can't wait to see how they continue to grow with their music, and I'm sure even as they get older, for me NCT Dream will always be the babies of NCT.

Were you a fan of Hot Sauce?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Hot Sauce as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Zaty Farhani

No comments:

Post a Comment