Monday 18 October 2021

ONF - You Complete Me

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's time to head back to 2018 with ONF and their 2nd mini album You Complete Me.

On the 15th of May 2018, WM Entertainment announced that ONF would be making a comeback in June.
On the 28th of June 2018, the first Group Teaser Image was released.
On the 29th of May 2018, the first set of Individual Teaser Images were released.






On the 30th of May 2018, the Track List for the mini album was released.
On the 31st of May 2018, the Lyrics Teaser was released for the title track Complete.
On the 1st of June 2018, the You Complete Me Album Preview was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 2nd of June 2018, the second Group Teaser Image was released.
On the 3rd of June 2018, the second set of Individual Teaser Images were released.






On the 5th of June 2018, the Complete M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 6th June 2018, the Dance Teaser was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 7th of June 2018, the M/V was released for Complete, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album You Complete Me.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 21st of July 2018, the Complete (Practice Ver) was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment
On the 3rd of August 2018, the Fly Me To The Moon (Performance Ver) was released.
Owned by WM Entertainment

ONF held a showcase for the album's on the 7th of June, at the Hoe Hung Dong New World, Central District in Seoul, which began their promotions for the album.

Wyatt co-wrote on the lyrics for the track 나 말고 다 (Incomplete).

You Complete Me peaked at No.8 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 24,937+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Complete has so far gained 265,722 thousand views through WM's official YouTube channel, while through the Stone Music Entertainment channel, the M/V has gained 3,198,819 million views, giving the M/V a total view count so far of 3,464,541 million views, The views continue to increase on a daily basis on both channels.

The You Complete Me album is set out in a clear plastic slipcase and comes with the Cd, photo book, Polaroid and 2 random photo cards.

Track List:
Complete (널 만난 순간)
Fly Me To The Moon
아침 (Good Morning)
Fifty Fifty
나 말고 다 (Incomplete)
스물 네 번 (86400)
















































I really like the layout for the album and I absolutely love the concept, I love that it's so bright and summery. I love the photo book, it's really cute and fits with the concept really well.
The album itself, is a really good album, I love that it's a good mixture of tracks, while still giving off a similar vibe and concept.

I absolutely love Complete (널 만난 순간), while already being familiar with ONF, it was this track constantly appearing on my Daily Mix 1, that made me fall in love with them. I love how bright and catchy it is, it's definitely one of my favourite tracks from ONF. I love the melody, vocals and raps and it never fails to get me dancing and brightening my mood.
Complete (널 만난 순간)

The main thing I love about Fly Me To The Moon is the continued use of the saxophone, it's like they're connecting this and the previous tracks together. This also may sound strange but to me this completely screams ONF, the more I listen to it, the more it makes me think that it's their style of music. I love how simple the melody is allowing their vocals to really shine through.
Fly Me To the Moon

I love the intro to 아침 (Good Morning), I love how they harmonise singing Good Morning, it's a really uplifting track and I think this track is perfect for those autumn and winter mornings, even though it was released in the summer, it's definitely a song that can be enjoyed all year round.
아침 (Good Morning)

From the name, I assumed Fifty Fifty would be a really upbeat track, but it's more mellow, but it's a track that still makes me think ONF. I love the melody, and I love how it changes up  in the chorus. It also give me a nostalgic feeling but I can't quite put my finger on what it reminds me off, or why it makes me feel that way.
Fifty Fifty

I absolutely love 나 말고 다 (Incomplete), from the tracks name you would think you're a getting a ballad, but I love that it's more upbeat than a ballad. I love how their vocals blend and harmonise with the music, I especially love Wyatt's voice against the music, it really makes him stand out, not that he never does with his voice being so deep and unique. I could listen to this track all day because they all sound so good.
나 말고 다 (Incomplete)
Viper Viper

I fell in love with 스물 네 번 (86400) as soon as it started, for me ONF are a group that can do any genre of music, and one of my favourite type of track to hear from them is a ballad. There's something about them doing ballads, that I always seem to stop what I'm doing and just listen, for me that's a true sign of perfection.  It's also a song that shows how talented they all are vocally.
스물 네 번 (86400)

I'm so glad I've finally got my hands on this album, I found it really difficult to find, especially not an an extortionate price. I'll definitely be trying to get my hands on all their past releases and I'm glad that I was able to pull Laun's photo card as I'm not guaranteed to pull his card in their other past releases.
This whole album to me is so fresh, it's an album you can really enjoy all year round, it's really uplifting and I can't wait to see and hear more from ONF.

Were you a fan of You Complete Me?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on Complete (널 만난 순간) as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment