Monday 6 September 2021

OnlyOneOf - Instinct Part. 1

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


OnlyOneOf are a South Korean boy group formed by RSVP and 8D Creative, they made their debut back in 2019.
The group consists of 7 members:
KB
Google Images

Love
Google Images

Rie
Google Images

YooJung
Google Images

Junji
Google Images

Mill
Google Images

Nine
Google Images

Instinct Part. 1 is OnlyOneOf's 3rd mini album.
On the 28th of March 2021, the LibidO M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by 8D Entertainment
On the 2nd of April 2021, the Instinct Part. 1 Album Preview was released.
Owned by 8D Entertainment
On the 3rd of April 2021, the LibidO (Guilty Pleasure Ver.) M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by 8D Entertainment
On the 8th of April 2021, the LibidO M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album Instinct Part. 1.
Owned by 8D Entertainment
On the 13th of April 2021, the LibidO (Guilty Pleasure Ver.) M/V was released.
Owned by 8D Entertainment
On the 27th of April 2021, the LibidO Choreography Video was released.
Owned by 8D Entertainment

Members KB & Nine co-composed and co-arranged on byredO and libidO.

Instinct Part. 1 peaked at No.5 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 57,048+
This is OnlyOneOf's best-selling release to date.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for libidO has gained 3,369,574 million views through their official YouTube channel, while through the Stone Music Entertainment channel the M/V has gained 2,177,666 million views, giving the M/V a combined view count of 5,547,240.

Instinct Part. 1 was released in 7 versions for each of the members, with the back cover being member based.
The albums are set out as a hardback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, a point session card and a random photo card.

Track List:
꼼데가르송을 입은 소년 (the bOy wearing cOmme des garçOns)
libidO
느낄 수 없다면 만지면 돼 (yOu Can TOuch It If YOu Can’t Feel It)
instinct/본능
고난주간 (hOly week)
byredO
tear Of gOd
너리고 불렀지만 사실은 나 (I called it yOu but it’s actually me)
































I've known of OnlyOneOf for a while but they're not a group I've really paid attention to, that was until they started hitting the headlines for their libidO choreography. These articles made mw want to watch their performance and see why some people seemed to be somewhat offended and uncomfortable, while the choreography did have me giggling, their title track had me hooked, I had it on repeat so much that I decided I wanted the album within my possession and here we are.
I'm not fully in tune with all the members just yet but the first 2 to catch my eye were Junji and Yoojung, I've recognised Junji before this comeback because of his hair, he really stuck out and I felt sorry for him, but this time round, I'm glad he can see past his hair a little more.
The layout for the album is pretty simple and I think the photo book is simple but extremely pretty and really adds to the concept for the album, I love that it's simple because it allows us to really focus on the members.
The album itself you can tell, is telling a story, a story that not many idols or idol groups dare to tell.

I love the music for 꼼데가르송을 입은 소년 (the bOy wearing cOmme des garçOns), it makes me think of classical music, as well as thinking about being reawakened into a new world, learning more about yourself and your desires.
꼼데가르송을 입은 소년 (the bOy wearing cOmme des garçOns)

I can honestly 2 months down the line, I'm still obsessed with libidO, I can still see me being obsessed with it further into the future. I love the sensuality within their vocals, this song has definitely made me interested in wanting to learn more about them, I just can't get enough of it.
libidO

느낄 수 없다면 만지면 돼 (yOu can tOuch it if yOu can’t feel it) is another stunning instrumental, it continues their story and connects to the next track.
느낄 수 없다면 만지면 돼 (yOu can tOuch it if yOu can’t feel it)

Whenever I listen to instinct/본능, I get late 90's early 00's boyband vibes, I just can't get enough of the melody for this track. I love the vocals too, they're not too over the top and fit perfectly with the track, just don't get me started on the lyrics, they're definitely keeping the sensual concept.
instinct/본능

We're back to a stunning instrumental with 고난주간 (hOly week), I would say it doesn't match with the concept of the album and the tracks, but I think it's spot on.
고난주간 (hOly week)

When I first saw the lyrics for byredO, I was a little in shock, so much so I had to Google the tracks name to try and figure what the song was actually about but Byredo is actually a fragrance company, so it definitely made the lyrics make a lot more sense. The melody and the vocals are really sensual and I think it has to be one of my favourite tracks on the album, I absolutely love their vocals in this track, so much so, it definitely stops me in my tracks.
byredO
sori souls

I love the intro for tear Of gOd, I think the whole song sounds mature and sensual and really fits with the albums concept. I love the chorus and think all their vocals blend well together.
tear Of gOd

The final instrumental track 너리고 불렀지만 사실은 나 (I called it yOu but it’s actually me), is so pretty, it's like your waking from a dream and could also be seen as your body and mind awakening from new experiences. It's the perfect way to conclude this album.
너리고 불렀지만 사실은 나 (I called it yOu but it’s actually me)

For an introduction to OnlyOneOf, I think this album is perfect, I think it makes them a unique group, normally for sexy and sensual you would think it would be a girl group and I always thought no-one but Taemin would be able to pull these types of concepts off, but OnlyOneOf really blew my mind.

Sadly since me starting to prepare this post (I was meant to post it quite a few months ago), member and leader Love has withdrawn from the group, while I'm sad and gutted for the remaining members, I hope they keep working hard and surprising us all and gaining more new fans, I'm definitely now interested in checking out their past releases and look forward to their future releases.

Were you a fan of Instinct Part. 1?
Do you have a physical copy?
Whose back cover did you get?
What were your thoughts on libidO as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment