Monday 5 July 2021

MONSTA X - Fatal Love

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


Fatal Love is MONSTA X's 3rd full length album.
On the 5th of October 2020, it was announced that MONSTA X would be making a comeback with their 3rd full length album.
Several days later on the 14th of October 2020, the FANTASIA X Film was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 01) was released.


On the 23rd of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 01) was released.



On the 24th of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 04) was released.





On the 25th of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 02) was released.



On the 26th of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 02) was released.


On the 27th of October 2020, the Concept Photo (From Ver. 03) was released.



On the 29th of October 2020, the M/V teaser for title track Love Killa was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 1st of November 2020, the Fatal Love Preview was released.
Owned by Starship
On the 2nd of November 2020, the M/V was released for Love Killa, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd full length album Fatal Love.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 12th of November 2020, the Love Killa Dance Practice (Fix Ver.) was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 17th of November 2020, the BEASTMODE Dance Practice was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 7th of December 2020, the Love Killa Dance Practice (Random Speed Ver.) was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 15th of December 2020, the Love Killa Dance Practice (Costume Ver.) was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

Love Killa won MONSTA X 2 music show trophies, winning once on both The Show and Show Champion.

Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on 갈증 (Gasoline), Thriller, Guess Who and title track Love Killa.
Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on Beastmode and 대동단결 (Stand Together), with Jooheon also co-composing on the tracks.
I.M and Jooheon co-wrote on Night View, with I.M also co-composing on the track.
Hyungwon and I.M co-wrote on Nobody Else, with Hyungwon also co-composing on the track.

Fatal Love peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.16 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.87 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart and No. 11 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 287,230+
Oricon Sales = 4,306+
Giving the album so far a total sales of 291,536+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Love Killa has gained 37,599,114 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Fatal Love is released in 4 versions: Ver. 1, Ver. 2, Ver. 3 and Ver. 4.
All 4 versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, sticker sheet, random hidden message card, random index card, random lenticular card and a random photo card.
All the photo books are different as are the album covers.

Track List:
Love Killa
갈증 (Gasoline)
Thriller
Guess Who
Nobody Else
Beastmode
대동단결 (Stand Together)
Night View
Last Carnival
Sorry I'm Not Sorry

















































I really like the layout for this album, and I was way too excited by the fact that I got 2 Kihyun photo cards, as the only time I ever seem to pull his cards is when it's a unit card. I love the photo book, I think I'd have to say that it's my favourite of the versions, I love the colours used as I think it makes them stand out so much more in their black outfits.
The album itself is amazing, they're first release as a 6-membered group left me feeling slightly underwhelmed, which was the first time an album from MONSTA X made me feel that way, but this album made me fall in love with them all over again, while it still has that MONSTA X vibe you can tell they also wanted to try and bring something new to their fans with this album.

From the very first beat starting Love Killa, I knew this song would have me on the edge of my seat throughout. I love the raps, the vocals and the melody, this track fits each members vocals perfectly, I especially love Hyungwon's voice in this track.
Love Killa

We knew MONSTA X had a track called 갈증 (Gasoline), because they had teased the name during one of their previous teasers but the track never appeared on the album and instead appeared on the Fatal Love album. I love the melody of this track, this track sounds a lot softer and slower than I was expecting from the tracks name.
갈증 (Gasoline)

I absolutely love the vocals in Thriller, I love the bridge and the chorus, they have to be my favourite parts of the track, especially Minhyuk and Hyungwon's vocals.
Thriller

There's something Guess Who, that pulls you in from the very first note, while it gives me strong MONSTA X vibes, it also reminds me of something EXO would also release. I love how their vocals work with the melody, for me, making this song sound quite sexy.
Guess Who

I think Nobody Else shows off MONSTA X' sexy and sultry side, their voices fit perfectly with the melody, for me in this track Shownu's voice is like honey.
Nobody Else

Beastmode is 100% MONSTA X, it's your typical go hard or go home track that they always know how to take to the next level.
Beastmode

대동단결 (Stand Together) is Jooheon and I.M at their rap best, while I love everyone's vocals, Jooheon and I.M's fast raps never fail to blow me away. I can't help but think this track is a song for the haters as well as for MONBEBE, telling us to always listen to and trust in them, no mater what happens, no matter how many times they get knocked down, they will get back up and fight. This track also takes me back to their No Mercy and debut days.
대동단결 (Stand Together)

Night View sounds like something what would have been on their English album All About Luv, for me that was an album that all new sounds for MONSTA X, so it's nice to hear sounds like that on one of their Korean albums.
Night View

I love how different Last carnival sounds from the rest of the album as well as other MONSTA X tracks, I think it really shows how versatile they really are, I think for non-MONBEBE they're known for their harder title tracks, so this shows that there is definitely more to the group, as well as showing that they're always still to bring something new to the table.
Last Carnival

I think I have to say that Sorry I'm Not Sorry is my favourite track from the album, I absolutely love all their voices in this track, it's another track that shows that each member has vocals that can make them stand out.
Sorry I'm Not Sorry

MONSTA X have recently had another comeback with their title track Gambler from their 9th mini album One of a Kind, proving again that they have what it takes to keep releasing amazing tracks and albums, this album to me shouted MONSTA X is back
It's scary to think we're now getting closer to the members having to enlist for their mandatory military service, I'd think this is something I'm used to now after 8 years but it's still always sad to see the members say farewell for a short while.

Were you a fan of Fatal Love?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Love Killa as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment