Saturday 6 February 2021

When the Curtain Falls - Book Review

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


When the Curtain Falls is a romance novel written by Carrie Hope Fletcher, it was published by Little Brown, back on the 12th of July 2018.

Theatres have a certain kind of magic.
When the curtain rises, we are all enraptured by the glare of the lights and the smell of the greasepaint, but it's when the curtain falls that the real magic begins...
In 1952, two young lovers, Fawn Burrows and Walter Brown, meet backstage in a beautiful West End theatre during a production of When the Curtain Falls. Between clandestine meetings and stolen moments, they must hide their love from the one person who will stop at nothing to keep Fawn for himself. But life in the theatre doesn't always follow the script, and tragedy and heartache are waiting in the wings for all the players.
Almost seventy years later, a new production arrives at the theatre, bringing with it Oscar Bright and Olivia Green and their budding romance. But no sooner has the new cast settled into their dressing rooms than strange things begin happen. Ghosts of productions past haunt the theatre, or so the story goes.
Can Oscar and Olivia get to the truth of the matter before tragedy strikes once more.

Moulin Rouge meets Phantom of the Opera in the spellbinding and magical story of unrequited love and revenge.
When the Curtain Falls is Carrie Hope Fletcher at her romantic best - it will take your breath away.


This is the first book I've read, written by Carrie Hope Fletcher and I can honestly say I really enjoyed it, I finished reading it within 24-48 hours, personally for me I struggled to put it down and couldn't help continuing with each new chapter.
I've seen many other readers reviews saying that she'd written about her herself and her other half, but personally for me, I never once thought or brought her own person life and relationships into the story. I personally think even with fictional novels, like with songs, write from some sort of personal experience, that to me makes the store more believable and relatable.
For me also I don't find Olive and Oscar's relationship and part of the story, the main plot, for me they are the secondary plot, I think the main plot and story is about Fawn and Walter and how their past affects the present.
Towards the end of the book, I did find some of it a little far-fetched, but I did still enjoy the story overall, and it definitely hasn't deterred me from wanting to check out more of her books.
I'd happily read this book again, and I'd happily recommend it to other readers, but remember what some people like, other may not, I think this is definitely one of those books, so if you haven't read it yet, I'd definitely say give it a try and you might be surprised.

While this is my first book review of 2021, When the Curtain Falls, was part of my reading challenge for 2020.
I look forward to sharing more books and book reviews with you over the course of 2021.

Have you read When the Curtain Falls ?
What were your thoughts on the book?
Let me know the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment