Tuesday 9 February 2021

Twice - Eyes Wide Open

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I haven't actually bought a physical Twice album and posted about it since 2017, when I posted about their 4th mini album Signal, so today I'm sharing and posting about one of the albums that made me fall back in love with them.
Eyes Wide Open is Twice' 2nd full length album. On the 11th of October 2020, 2 group teaser images were released.
Google Images
On the 12th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Nayeon was released along with Nayeon's teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment


On the 13th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept film for Chaeyoung was released along with Chaeyoung's teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 14th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Tzuyu was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 15th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Sana was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 16th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Jihyo was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 17th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" concept Film for Dahyun was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment


On the 18th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Mina was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 19th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for  Momo was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment


On the 20th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Concept Film for Jeongyeon was released, along with her teaser images.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

On the 21st of October 2020, the "I Can't Stop Me" M/V Story teaser was released, along with the "I Can't Stop Me" M/V Still Image A.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2020, the "I Can't Stop Me" M/V Platform teaser was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 24th of October 2020, the "Eyes Wide Open" Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 26th of October 2020, the M/V for "I Can't Stop me" was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd full length album "Eyes Wide Open".
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 31st of October 2020, the "I Can't Stop Me" Choreography Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 2nd of November 2020, the "I Can't Stop Me" Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
TWICE

I Can't Stop Me won Twice a total of 5 music show trophies; with 1 win on Show Champion, 2 wins on M Countdown, 1 win on Music Bank and 1 win on Inkigayo.

Jihyo wrote the lyrics for 'Up No More'.
Sana wrote the lyrics for 'Do What We Like'.
Dahyun wrote the lyrics for 'Bring It Back' and 'Queen'.
Chaeyoung wrote the lyrics for 'Handle It'.
Nayeon wrote the lyrics for 'Depend On You'.

Eyes Wide Open peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.3 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.37 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart and No.2 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Albums = 479,885+
Oricon = 57, 693+
Giving the album so far a total of 537,578+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for I Can't Stop Me has gained 229,474,901 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Eyes Wide Open is released in 3 versions: Story, Style & Retro.
All 3 versions are set out in a hardback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, random lyric poster, sticker sheet, 5 random photo cards and a random message card.
The Cd plates are random and the photo books for each version are different.

Track List:
I Can't Stop Me
Hell in Heaven
Up No More
Do What We Like
Bring it Back
Believer
Queen
Go Hard
Shot Clock
Handle It
Depend on You
Say Something
Behind the Mask










































As I have said above, it's not been since the release of Signal that I've actually bought a Twice album, for me, while I enjoyed their title tracks, they weren't tracks that made me want to get my hands on the actual album, that was until last year with the release of both More & More and I Can't Stop Me, I've dubbed 2020 the year I fell back in love with Twice.
I purposely picked the Story version as I absolutely love the pictures, they're breathtaking, they really stand out in their black outfits amongst all the beautiful colours. They all look so elegant and sophisticated in this photo book, which I think is a nice concept change for them.
The songs themselves are also spot on and really fit in with the concept, which was another reason I wanted to get my hands on the album.
I absolutely love I Can't Stop Me, I was hooked from the first note, for me it was a completely different sound from Twice. It gives them a more mature sound, something I think personally for me, I've been waiting a while for. There's something about this song that transports me somewhere else.
I Can't Stop Me

Just from the first notes of Hell in Heaven, you know it's a new and completely different sound for Twice, which is why I love it. I love their vocals in the chorus, for me throughout this song they give off a feeling of vampiresses enticing their prey into their control. This song fits all their vocals perfectly for me.
Hell in Heaven

There's something about Up No More that makes me feel nostalgic about Twice, while still giving me a new sound.
Up No More 

I absolutely love Do What We Like, it makes me feel like everything is normal, it's such a carefree song, I think it's definitely the perfect pick me up song when you feel anxious and that the world is on top of you. It's one of those songs where you can picture yourself having fun with your friends, laughing and talking in the sun with a soft breeze.
Do What We Like

When I first heard Bring It Back, I was blown away because this is a completely new sound for Twice, I had to double check what was playing on my Spotify, to make sure I was still listening to the same album.
Bring It Back

For me Believer is another song that makes me feel nostalgic, it reminds me of songs from the late 90's/early 00's. The whistle in the background of the melody really reminds me of another song but I can't put my finger on which song it reminds me of. Vocally I wish they had more songs like this, more songs that are not vocally heavy, meaning they all get to shine.
Believer

I have to say Queen is one of my favourite songs on this album, and I'm proud of Dahyun for writing the lyric. With the group having 2 members that suffer from anxiety, that I'm sure will second guess what they think and what they do, this song reminds all women, no matter their age, never treat yourself or allow anyone else to treat you any less than a queen, you are who you are and ou shouldn't change that for anyone but yourself.
Queen

Go Hard is another song that I had to double check what was playing as it's far from the Twice I knew of, like they say go hard or go home.
Go Hard

As soon as Shot Clock started I knew it was going to have that Twice sound, style and vibe and I was not left disappointed.
Shot Clock

Handle It has to be one of my favourite tracks on the album, vocally. Chaeyoung has written a beautiful song and she should be proud. For me you can hear the emotion in each of their voices
Handle It

Depend On You is such a pretty song and is another song that is perfect for them vocally.
Depend On You

Say Something is another of those songs that makes you feel nostalgic.
Say Something

Another of my favourite tracks from the album is Behind the Mask, it has to be one of my favourite b-side tracks from Twice, for me it's right up there with One in A Million. I love all their voices in this song, even their performance of this song was breathtaking.
Behind the Mask

I'm glad I fell back in love with Twice and got to hear and buy this album, it just shows that sometimes a change in sound and concept is good and can show how versatile they can be.
I definitely look forward to seeing what they comeback with next.

Were you a fan of Eyes Wide Open?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your thoughts on I Can't Stop Me?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment