Monday 15 February 2021

Kai - KAI (开)

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


KAI (开) is EXO member Kai's solo debut mini album, on the 3rd of July 2020, SM Entertainment announced that Kai would be making his solo debut in the 2nd half of 2020, 4 months later on the 11th of November 2020, it was announced he would be making his solo debut on the 30th of November, along with the first teaser image for his debut.
On the 19th of November 2020, the first set of teaser images were released, along with the Kai Mood Sampler.






Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2020, the 2nd set of teaser images were released.






On the 23rd of November 2020, the 3rd set of teaser images were released.


On the 24th of November 2020, the 4th set of teaser images were released.





On the 25th of November 2020, the 5th set of teaser images were released.




On the 26th of November 2020, the 6th set of teaser images were released, along with the M/V teaser for title track 음 (Mmmh).






Owned by SM Entertainment

SMTOWN
On the 27th of November 2020, the 7th set of teaser images were released, along with the Film: Kai Video.



Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 28th of November 2020, the 8th and final set of teaser images were released.



On the 30th of November 2020, the M/V was released for 음 (Mmmh), along with the physical and digital release of Kai's debut solo mini album.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 11th of December 2020, the 음 (Mmmh) Dance Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 22nd of December 2020, the Reason Dance Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

The M/V for 음 (Mmmh) was released 6 hours before the albums official release, an hour before the albums release, Kai hosted a V Live broadcast where he promoted and talked about the album with fans. 

KAI (开) peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.23 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.7 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.11 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 359,563+
Chinese Sales = 92,496+
Giving the album so far a total of 452,059+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 음 (Mmmh) has so far gained 53,976,021 million views, with the views still rising at a fast pace.

KAI (开) is released in 7 versions; 3 photo book version: X, Y, Z, 1 flip book version and 3 Jewel Case versions.
The 3 photo book versions are set out like a magazine, kept together with a band, and come with the Cd, Photo book, tabloid booklet of posters, lyric booklet, stickers and a random photo card.
All 3 of the photo books and covers are different.
The flip book version is set out as a horizontal  booklet and comes with the Cd, flip book photo book, random postcards and a random photo card.
The jewel case versions are set out in a normal jewel case and comes with the Cd, lyric booklet, an AR clip card and a random AR photo card.

Track List:
음 (Mmmh)
Nothing on Me
기억상실 (Amnesia)
Reason
Ride or Die
Hello Stranger

































































I absolutely love the layout of this album, it definitely fits with Kai, I felt like I was looking through a high-end fashion magazine. I love that the lyrics are in a separate booklet in the middle of the photo book and I love that we get another booklet full of double sided posters, set out like a newspaper. All this is kept together with a cute stretchy band, it's definitely something new for me.
I love the album itself, each song is perfect for Kai's style and shows a side to him that we haven't really been able to see as a member of EXO has he can often be overshadowed by the other vocalists.

I didn't know what to think when I was thinking about 음 (Mmmh) and how it would sound, and I can honestly can say I was in love from the first listen. I don't think there could have been a better song for Kai to debut with, I think it embodies everything about him. I love his vocals and I love the melody.
음 (Mmmh)

I have to say that Nothing on Me is my favourite track from the album, Kai has the ability to stop you in your tracks and for me, this song was one of those times. I love the melody and I love how his vocals fit and blend with the melody. I would love to be able to see this song performed live, as you know his stage presence in this song would have everyone melting. I could listen to this track all day, it's such a seductive and sensual track and for me it's way too short of a track.
Nothing on Me

기억상실 (Amnesia) reminds me of something EXO would release on their albums, but I'm glad it's a Kai solo song. For me this song truly shows that Kai can stand on his own when it comes to his vocals, it's one of the songs that really shows how far he has come since his debut with EXO. This is another song that halts you in your tracks and you can't do anything but let him pull you in and make you believe he's singing about and to you.
기억상실 (Amnesia)

Kai can do anything he puts his mind to and for me Reason is one of those songs that shows just that. I think when you think of Kai, this is one of those songs that really embodies him as an artist.
Reason

I love Ride or Die it as soon as the melody kicks in it really reminds me of an older song, this song for me is pure Kai, it has elegance, sensuality and as odd as it may sound sex appeal. I love the melody, I love Kai's vocals an I have to say my favourite part is the chorus.
Ride or Die

I love how simple the melody sounds in Hello Stranger it really makes Kai's voice stand out, I love how soft his voice is in this song, it's just stunning from start to finish and really allows us to hear Kai's voice perfectly.
Hello Stranger

For me this is the perfect solo debut release for Kai, it allows him to embrace what we see on stage dancing in his vocals. I'm glad Kai finally got to make his solo debut and I can't wait to see what else he will bring us as a solo artist, but mostly I can't wait to see him performing again with his EXO members.
I'm proud of what Kai has created and he should be insanely proud of himself for standing and taking the main spotlight and showing everyone that not only is he an incredible dancer and performer, he also has vocals that can stop you in your tracks and really listen to him.

Were you a fan of KAI (开)?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which of the versions did you choose?
What were your thoughts on 음 (Mmmh)?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment