Tuesday 8 September 2020

Blondies (White Chocolate Brownies)

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Can't believe it's close to 5 months since I last shared a baking post with you, these were a first for me to bake. They were a joint baking effort with Skye for something for us to do while we were stuck in the house.
Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
225 g white chocolate
226 g butter
300 g sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 tsp salt
282 g plain flour
100 g white chocolate (for drizzling, optional)

Start off by pre-heating the oven to 175C/350F and line a square pan with baking parchment.
Next melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a bain-marie, you can also do this in the microwave, but I always prefer to do it over a bain-marie as I can see how it's looking.

Next stir in the sugar and vanilla extract, until combined. For this I placed the chocolate and butter mixture into a larger bowl.
 
Now time to add the eggs and stir well, I always add my eggs one at a time, stir well and add the next.

Sprinkle salt over the batter and mix well until combined.

Now it's time for the flour, gradually add the flour and stir until it's all combined, keep repeating the process until all the flour is gone and combined into the batter.

Next spread the mixture into your baking pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, to check your bake, insert a toothpick into the center and when removed it should be clean, with a few crumbs - no wet batter.

Once baked, allow to cool, and cut into slices. Drizzle the (optional) white chocolate over the top and allow to set.

Now you're ready to tuck in with either a nice cup of tea or a nice cold glass of milk.


This recipe is really easy to follow, I absolutely love this recipe and will definitely be making them again. They are divine and very moreish, I'd never tried Blondie's before so didn't know what to expect them to taste like, but I will honestly say that I'd happily eat these over normal brownies any day. They were a lot more lighter than regular brownies and even had a fudgy texture to them.
I have so many new bakes to share with you as well as bakes that I'm wanting to try, but a majority of them need light brown sugar, which right now I'm finding it difficult to find as everyone seems to be baking, due to being stuck at home. Hopefully I won't be waiting much longer to find all the ingredients and share them with you.

If you would like to check out and follow the original recipe, the head over to White Chocolate Brownies (Blondies) from Sugar Spun Run.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment