Monday 17 August 2020

MONSTA X - FANTASIA X

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


FANTASIA X is MONSTA X's 8th mini album and first album with 6 members.
On the 19th of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter. 1 was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 20th of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter. 2 was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 21st of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter. 3 was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 22nd of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter. 4 was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 23rd of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter 5. was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 24th of April 2020, the FANTASIA X Trailer Chapter. 6 was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 28th of April 2020, Concept photo 1 was released for Minhyuk and Kihyun.

On the 29th of April 2020, Concept photo 1 was released for Shownu and Hyungwon.

On the 30th of April 2020, Concept photo 1 was released for Jooheon and I.M, as well as the Concept photo 1 group photo.




On the 1st of May 2020, Concept photo 2 was released Minhyuk and Kihyun.

On the 2nd of May 2020, Concept photo 2 was released for Shownu and Hyungwon.


On the 3rd of May 2020, Concept photo 2 was released for Jooheon and I.M, as well as the group teaser image.



On the 4th of May 2020, Starship Entertainment announced that Shownu being injured and suffering from back pain, the release of the album would be postponed and a new schedule poster was released.
On the 18th of May 2020, Concept photo 3 was released for Minhyuk and Kihyun.

On the 19th of May 2020, Concept photo 3 was released for Shownu and Hyungwon.

On the 20th of May 2020, Concept photo 3 was released for Jooheon and I.M, as well as the group teaser image.


On the 23rd of May 2020, the M/V teaser was released for title track Fantasia.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 24th of May 2020, the FANTASIA X album preview was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 26th of May 2020, the Fantasia M/V was released along with the physical and digital release of their 8th mini album FANTASIA X.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 4th of June 2020, the Fantasia dance practice video was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 8th of June 2020, the Fantasia dance practice video (Costume Ver.) was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 15th of June 2020, the the Fantasia performance M/V was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 23rd of June 2020, the Fantasia dance practice video (Special Ver.) was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment
On the 16th of July 2020, the Stand Up dance practice was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment

Fantasia won MONSTA X 1 music show trophy, winning first place on The Show.

Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on the lyrics for Chaotic, Beautiful Night, It Ain't Over and title track Fantasia.
Jooheon and I.M co-wrote on the lyrics for Flow and Stand Up, with Jooheon also co-composing on the tracks.
I.M and Jooheon co-wrote on the lyrics for Zone, with I.M also co-composing on the track.

FANTASIA X peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.17 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.5 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
264,285+
Oricon Sales:
2,285+
Giving the album a total of 266,567+ in sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Fantasia has so far gained 30,106,105 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

FANTASIA X is released in 4 versions: I, II, III & IV.
All 4 versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, sticker sheet and a random photo card. The first press releases also came with a random triangle stand, a random unit photo card and a random colour polaroid.
All the versions have a different photo book, and all have Cd plates and album covers that correspond to the versions.

Track List:
Fantasia
Flow
Zone
Chaotic
Beautiful Night
It Ain't Over
Stand Up















































I have version IV, and the photo book for this version seems to be from the members trailers from the teaser trailers. I do hope to eventually get my hands on the other 3 versions so that I have a complete collection. I love the design of the album and I love the colours the gold and black makes the album look elegant. I love that the pictures and the lyrics are or 2 different types of paper, while the pictures were on matte paper the lyrics were on glossy paper. I love that there are technically 2 album covers the main black cover that hides the Cd and then the gold cover.
If I'm being completely honest, when I first listened to this album I felt a little underwhelmed, I don't know if it was because it was their first release without Wonho and I still need to get used to his voice not being on the songs or if it was because I had set myself up for a continuation of the sounds from their Follow - Find You. Thankfully though the more I listened to the album the more I fell in love with the album and it's track list.
The more I listen to Fantasia the more and more I fall in love with it, would it really be a MONSTA X title track if it didn't go hard. Every time I listen to this song I can't help but think that for me this is Minhyuk and Hyungwon's era, even when watching the performances my eyes are drawn to the 2 of them.
Fantasia
STUDIO CHOOM [스튜디오 춤]

Every time I listen to Flow, I always get Jooheon's part in my head. I love how the song progresses, and their raps and vocals work really well with the melody, it makes the soung sound even better.
Flow
Mnet K-POP

I absolutely love Zone, for me it's their new party song, I love the different sounds in this song and it really makes me think of old MONSTA X, while showcasing their new sounds. It never fails to make me get up and dance along. For me this song was made for Jooehon, I.M, Hyungwon and Minhyuk.
Zone
Zaty Farhani

What I love about Chaotic is how the verses and the chorus are different, I think this is one of those songs that will be amazing live, especially Kihyun's high note. This song definitely sounds different to what I was expecting and I love that.
Chaotic

Beautiful Night is one of my favourite tracks from this album, it shows how versatile MONSTA X really are. While I love their faster and harder tracks, it's always their slower tracks that really blow me away, and this one is no different. Everyone's voices is just pure perfection for me in this song.
Beautiful Night

For me It Ain't Over is something new from MONSTA X and I hope we get to hear more songs like this in their future albums. The vocal line really do it for me in this song, I love the different tones to their voices.
It Ain't Over

I have to say that Stand Up is my favourite song from this album, and I feel like it's the new version of 하얀소녀 (White Love) from their The Clan Part. 2 Guilty album. I think this is their new fan participation song. Whenever I listen to this song, I can't help but feel that everything will be alright, I think that's the message the boys wanted to pass on too. It's definitely a song that shows their strength and growth as a group.
Stand Up

I think MONSTA X felt they had something to prove as their last comeback ended in heartache for them, it was shrouded in shock and you could tell they didn't want to be promoting with everything that was happening. This time round you could see a big change in them, they were happy and loving performing again. Part of me didn't know how to feel about NONSTA X coming back as 6, but I'm glad they did, they should be proud of themselves and I look forward to what their new albums will bring.

Were you a fan of FANTASIA X?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you go for?
Do you have a favourite track?
Were you a fan of Fantasia?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

starship

No comments:

Post a Comment