Monday 10 February 2020

SHINee - Sherlock

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


It's nearly been a year since I posted a group post for SHINee, this time I'm sharing with you their 4th mini album Sherlock, which was SHINee's first Korean release after a year-and-a-half hiatus since their repackaged album Hello back in 2010.
On the 15th of March 2012, the 'Sherlock' Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 18th of March 2012, the Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) M/V teaser was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 19th of March 2012, SHINee's 4th mini album Sherlock was released digitally, then on the 21st of March 2012, the Sherlock mini alum was released physically. The next day on the 22nd of March 2012, the M/V for Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 23rd of March 2012, the Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) Dance Practice was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 26th of March 2012, the Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) M/V Dance Ver. was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) is a hybrid remix, which means it consists of two independent songs "Clue and Note" remixed together to create a new song.

The album sold 135,000 copies and was ranked No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, making it the most sold album in March 2012. It became the fifth most sold album in South Korea with over 180,000 copies sold.

SHINee began promotions for the album and title song on the 22nd March 2012, starting on M Countdown and concluding on Music Core on the 21st of April 2012.
Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) won SHINee a total of 8 music show trophies, taking 2 wins on Show Champion, 1 win on M Countdown, 3 wins on Inkigayo and 2 wins on Music Bank.

Jonghyun wrote the lyrics for 알람시계 (Alarm Clock) and 늘 그 자리에 (Honesty), with Minho writing the raps.
Minho also wrote the rap for 낯선자 (Stranger).

Sherlock peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.13 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.10 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.5 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
202,181+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) has gained 39,447,841 million views, with the views still continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Sherlock is set out on in a transparent PVC cover and available with 5 different covers.
The album comes with the Cd, 5 member photo books, lyric booklet, sticker and random photo card.

Track List:
Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note)
Clue
Note
알람시계 (Alarm Clock)
The Reason
낯선자 (Stranger)
늘 그 자리에 (Honesty)





























































I honestly think it doesn't matter which cover you buy as all the booklets are the same and you are able to change the order you have them in. I obviously though when I bought this album picked Onew's album as my cover as he is my SHINee bias. There's a few things that I didn't like about this album, but it was mainly to do with styling, I was not a fan of Minho's curls and I definitely wasn't a fan of Taemin's long locks, other than that this comeback was an amazing and memorable comeback for SHINee. This album is amazing from start to finish, amazing music, amazing vocals and it's memorable from the first note to the last.

I remember when I first heard Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note), I wasn't really sure on it, but the more I listened to it the more I fell in love, it's now one of my favourite songs from them. To say they are two songs mixed into one, it creates a really amazing brand new and individual song and I think it's really stood the test of time. I also can't wait to see Taemin remix it with Danger.
Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note)

I remember the first time I listened to the album, I was a little confused as at the time I was unaware that Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note) was a hybrid song, so when Clue started, I found myself searching online for why it started the same and sounded really similar. Knowing it's a separate song really helps you focus on the beauty as it's own song, for me I love the music, I love the beat, I love the little break down in the song and I love how it abruptly ends.
Clue

For me with Note, I love the vocals more than I love the melody, but I do have to say that this song has some of the more iconic lines, that you just can't help but sing along with. I do feel though that with the melody it builds up more and more as it goes through the song, they definitely picked the best elements from each song to create Sherlock.
Note

I love that after the madness of Sherlock, Clue and Note, we get a more chilled out song in 알람시계 (Alarm Clock). I love the softness in the voices at the start of the song, and how the power in the voices begins to come through and really shine, especially Jonghyun and Onew. I've never denied how amazing they both are as vocalists but this song really fits their voices well. It's also songs like this where I think Taemin's voice stands out, like his voice doesn't fit with the rest of the members for this song, but the power he has in his voice really shows why he is a member of SHINee, and when I say doesn't fit, I mean because he has a much more feminine tone to his voice, where Jonghyun, Onew, Key and Minho have a much lower tone.
알람시계 (Alarm Clock)

While I love SHINee doing upbeat and energetic songs I think it's songs like The Reason that really makes them shine. They have 5 individual voices that blend together really well, and this song shows that all 5 of them having amazing a beautiful vocals. I love the music for this song and looking at the lyrics this song can really relate to the SHINee we have in our eyes right now, I have to say this one one of my favourite songs on this album and one of my favourite slower songs from SHINee, everything about it is just breathtaking.
The Reason

I absolutely love 낯선자 (Stranger) it really fits in with their Sherlock concept. I love the music for this song, I love how this sing all throughout this song, and you just know this is a song that will give you high energy and getting you moving along to the beat.
낯선자 (Stranger)

I think 늘 그 자리에 (Honesty) is the perfect song to end this album with, Jonghyun and Minho did an amazing job writing the lyrics for this song.  The song flows so beautifully, the meldoy sounds so simple and really makes their voices stand out and shine, this definitely makes me miss 5HINee, it makes me miss Jonghyun's voice even more than I already do. This song never fails to bring a little tear to my eyes.
늘 그 자리에 (Honesty)

I'm so excited that Onew (July), Key (October) and Minho (November) will be discharged from their military service this year, I don't think they'll have any group comebacks till 2021 but just knowing that they all return back to Taemin this year is amazing. I'm so excited that I get to see Taemin live at the end of this month and see him remix Sherlock with Danger, many people see it as him not forgetting his hyung's and where he started, but I see it as he's taking all his hyung's especially Jonghyun on the road with him.
I cannot wait for SHINee to return and hopefully see Onew return with another solo album.

Who did you get for your cover?
Were you a fan of Sherlock 셜록 (Clue + Note)?
Do you have a favourite song from the album?
Let me know in the comments below

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment