Monday 21 October 2019

YoonA - A Walk To Remember

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


A Walk To Remember is YoonA's solo debut mini album, she is also the 5th member of Girls Generation to release a solo album.
On the 22nd of Mat 2019, the first set of teaser images were released.

On the 23rd of May 2019. the second set of teaser images were released.

On the 24th of May 2019, it was announced that YoonA would be releasing a special album for her fans to celebrate turning 30 (29 in western age), along with the release of the third set of teaser images.

On the 26th of May 2019, the fourth set of teaser images were released.

On the 27th of May 2019, the fifth and final set of teaser images were released, as was the first M/V teaser for title track 여름밤 (Summer Night) Feat. 20 Years of Age.



Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 29th of May 2019, the second M/V teaser was released for 여름밤 (Summer Night)
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 30th of May 2019, the M/V for 여름밤 (Summer Night) was released, along with the physical and digital release of YoonA's solo debut special mini album A Walk To Remember.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Three of the tracks from the album were previously released digitally, two of was through SM's project SM Station, 덕수궁 돌담길의 봄 (Deoksugung Stonewall Walk) Feat. 10cm was the first to be released through SM Station on the 11th of March 2016.
Owned by SM Entertainment
The second song was also released through SM Station on the 8th of September 2017 and was called 바람이 불면 (When the Wind Blows).
Owned by SM Entertainment
The third and final song which is called 너에게 (To You) was released on the 13th of May 2018.
Owned by SM Entertainment

A Walk To Remember became the best-selling female solo album of 2019, so far, in South Korea, with more that fifty-thousand copies sold in Korea.

YoonA wrote the lyrics for 너에게 (To You) and co-wrote the lyrics for 바람이 불면 (When the Wind Blows).

A Walk To Remember peaked at No.3 on Gaon Albums Chart and No.13 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
53,217+
US Sales:
2,000
Giving the album 55,217+ in total album sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 여름밤 (Summer Night) has so far gained 3,928,593 million views, with the views still increasing.

The album is set out as a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book and photo card. The photo book cover has a message to fans and the photo book has glossy pages.

Track List:
덕수궁 돌담길의 봄 (Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway) Feat. 10cm
여름밤 (Summer Night) Feat. 20 Years of Age
바람이 불면 (When the Wind Blows)
너에게 (To You)
Promise























































I was blown away by this album as a whole, I love that the photo book has glossy pages, it really gives off a more special vibe compared to other SM albums. I would have to say that the photo book is my favourite, the colours used are gorgeous and YoonA looks absolutely stunning in every picture, she gives off part of her personality in every concept in the photo book, If I had to pick my favourite set of photo's I would have to say it's the first set with the blue background, I really think it makes her beauty shine even more.
I was really blown away by the tracks on the album, I'd only heard her debut solo station track and I'm glad I had as it made hearing the album as a whole. so much more heartwarming and breathtaking, YoonA is more of a sub-vocal and like HyoYeon doesn't often to get many lines in Girls Generation tracks so getting five whole songs of her on her own is a blessing for the ears.
Before listening to the album 덕수궁 돌담길의 봄 (Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway) Feat. 10cm, was the only solo track of YoonA's that I had listen to, and I loved how the melody blended with her soft vocals and I thought 10cm and YoonA's voices were well suited to one another. It's still a song that when I hear it, I fall in love with YoonA's voice all over again.
덕수궁 돌담길의 봄 (Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway) Feat. 10cm
I was really excited when I heard YoonA was finally getting a solo album, I was a little sad that it was another duet but as soon as I heard 여름밤 (Summer Night) Feat. 20 Years of Age, I thought it was the perfect song, I thought the melody gave of the perfect feeling of strolling on the beach or in the part on an evening as the seasons are changing and the evenings begin to become a little chilly. I loved how both of their voices suited one another and blended in well with the melody. I also loved the M/V it helped show off YoonA's beauty in her voice, looks and personality.
여름밤 (Summer Night) Feat. 20 Years of Age
For me 바람이 불면 (When the Wind Blows) reminds me of something that would be on a Korean drama soundtrack, I love the melody and her voice, it's one of my favourite tracks on the album. I remember when I first heard it I thought her voice sounded really pretty and soft, I was really blown away by her voice, it shows you don't have to have a big and powerful voice to have any impact.
바람이 불면 (When the Wind Blows)
Personally for me 너에게 (To You) is my favourite track on the album, I love the melody and flow of the music and I absolutely love how she sings the lyrics, this is one of those songs that I find there is no language barrier with, the first time I heard it, I had tears rolling down my cheeks by the end, when I looked at the translation, I was brought more to even more tears as they reminded me of Jonghyun, it made me wonder if it wasn't just the countryside that she had in her mind and heart when she wrote the lyrics. I also think it's the perfect song for when you feel like you've lost yourself and head out on a journey to find who you are again, 많이 행복해 주겠니 또 다시 만나 안녕 (Please be happy Let's meet again, goodbye). No matter how many times I hear this song, I'm overcome with emotion and end with a happy smile and tears.
너에게 (To You)
It's obvious with Promise that slow songs are really suited to YoonA's voice, I love that no matter the melody, her voice is so soft and really pretty and I think this song is the perfect song for a drama in that moment they realise their feelings.
Promise
Owned by SM Entertainment

I thought I'd be left underwhelmed with all the songs being slow but I was left feeling overwhelmed by how much YoonA has grown vocally, she really has vocals that match well with her visuals, and I can't wait to see her return with a new solo song.

Were you a fan of A Walk To Remember?
Do you have a favourite track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment