Monday 2 September 2019

Gugudan - Act.2 Narcissus

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back with Gugudan and their 2nd mini album Act.2 Narcissus, on the 3rd of February 2017, Jellyfish Entertainment announced that Gugudan would be making a comeback at the end of the month.
On the 16th of February 2017, the Act.2 Narcissus Official Photo's were released for Hana, Nayoung and Mimi.
 Google Images
On the 17th of February 2017, the Act.2 Narcissus Official Photo's were released for Sally, Mina and Hyeyeon.
 Google Images
On the 18th of February 2017, the Act.2 Narcissus Official Photos were released for Soyee, Sejeong and Haebin.
 Google Images
On the 19th of February 2017, the Act.2 Narcissus Official Group Photo was released as well as the album cover image.
Google Images
On the 22nd of February 2017, the Act.2 Narcissus Highlight Medley was released.

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 23rd of February 2017, the 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) M/V Teaser #1 was released.
gugudanOn the 23rd of February 2017, the 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 26th of February 2017, the 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 27th of February 2019, the M/V for 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) was released along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album Act.2 Narcissus.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 30th of March 2017, the dance practice video was released for 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me).
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 28th of February 2017, Gugudan held a live showcase performing 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) for the first time for fans.
It was also revealed before the albums release that VIXX member Ravi had written the lyrics for track 미워지려 해 (Hate You) and co-composed on the track.

Act.2 Narcissus peaked at No.3 on Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
29,207+
Oricon Sales:
223+
Giving the album 29,430+ copies sold.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) has so far gained 10,149,470 million views, with the views for the M/V continuing to increase.

Act.2 Narcissus is set out in a hardback book style case like their debut mini album Act.1 The Little Mermaid, and comes with Cd, photo book and 2 random photo cards.
The photo book for the album has a bright and colourful concept with the first half following the concept of the teaser images released, with the members pictured with mirrored objects, and the second half they are pictured with letters creating words for the members.

Track List:
Rainbow
나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me)
미워지려 해 (Hate You)
거리 (One Step Closer)
소원 들어주기 (Make A Wish)
나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me)(Inst.)






























I love the photo book for this album, I love the colours and I love that there is a little mirror at the start of the photo book, the pictures are just absolutely stunning. I definitely think they were trying to keep with the cute concept from their debut but give them a more mature look for it, While I loved Wonderland, I was more excited for 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) when I saw the teasers as it looked an sounded more grown up. It's still one of my favourite title tracks from them, I may not always buy there albums on release but I'm always there to see what they're releasing.
For the time of year this album was released Rainbow sounds like a song to get you ready for the spring and summer seasons. I think it's the perfect song to start the album with as a Narcissus is also a plant which includes daffodils, which fits in with the springtime theme of this song, it also fits with a majority of the album concept. It's a really catchy song so I would be surprised if after one listen you didn't find yourself humming away.
Rainbow
Like I've said previously 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me) is one of my favourite title tracks from Gugudan, the only criticism I have for this song is that it's too short. I love how this song sounds from start to finish, I love their vocals and I think this song definitely suits their voices a lot more than Wonderland did. I also love the line distribution for this song they all get a pretty fair of time to shine and show their talent.
나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me)
Being a VIXX and Ravi fan, I was really excited to hear 미워지려 해 (Hate You) all the way through. I was really surprised how different it sounded compared to the music he creates for VIXX and himself. It's definitely a song that fits Gugudan's sound and concept for this mini album, it has a good beat and works well with the girls vocals while showing their Independence and maturity as they change concepts.
미워지려 해 (Hate You)
I absolutely love 거리 (One Step Closer), I love the melody, their voices blend really well with the melody. What I really love about this song is that it gives them a very mature sound, I could listen to this song all day. I just know this song would be stunning heard live. What I also love about this song is they sound very united, not one member stands out above the rest and none of the members get a high pitch note, which reminds people that Gugudan care about all of their members and give each member their moment to shine.
거리 (One Step Closer)
There is something about 소원 들어주기 (Make A Wish) that makes me a little tearful, I think it's the perfect fit for a Korean drama. I love their voices in this song unlike the previous song I love that this song has more power from the main vocalists, it gives it that little bit more to being a stunning an emotional power ballad. It's also one of my favourite tracks from the mini album, which I think is odd as I'm normally a fan of the more upbeat tracks.
소원 들어주기 (Make A Wish)

With the amount of albums Gugudan have released, I can honestly say there is only one title track that I'm not really a fan of is their 3rd comeback, that doesn't mean I won't check out the rest of the tracks on the album. I can see Gugudan going far in the future their last 2 comebacks have been really good, it's like their finally landing in level footing and starting to raise the bar with each comeback.
I can't wait to see what they return with with their next comeback.

Did you like 나 같은 애 (A Girl Like Me)?
Were you a fan of Act.2 Narcissus?
Did you like their interpretation for Narcissus the flower and Narcissus the Greek mythology?
Do you have a favourite track from the mini album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment