Monday 17 June 2019

Nam Woo Hyun - A New Journey

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Back in February, I introduced you to INFIINITE, this time it's all about member Nam Woo Hyun with his 3rd mini album A New Journey. 
Back on the 25th of April, to the delight of fans it was announced that Woo Hyun would be making a solo comeback. Then on the 1st of May, a "Hold On Me" Short Version teaser was released.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
On the 3rd of May, we got a Long Version teaser for "Hold On Me" which showcased more of both the title track and M/V.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
The very next day on the 4th of May, an album preview for "A New Journey" was released.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
A few days later on the 7th of May, the M/V for Hold On Me featuring Junoflo was released, along with the physical and digital release of his 3rd mini album A New Journey.
Owned by Woollim Entertainment
On the 15th of May, a Suit Dance choreography video was released featuring Tag of Golden Child.

Woo Hyun wrote the lyrics for Rain, Stranger, Flower and title track Hold On Me.

A New Journey peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
42,839+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
Through Woollim's YouTube channel Hold On Me has so far gained 439,469 thousand views, while through channel 1theK, Hold On Me has gained 235,896 thousand views, giving the M/V so far a total of 675,365 thousand views, with the views always increasing.

A New Journey was released in 2 versions: a normal edition and a limited edition.
The normal edition is set out in a paperback book style case and comes with Cd, photo book, random photocard and random frame card.
The limited edition is set out in a hardback book style case and comes in a slipcase. The limited edition also comes with Cd, 3 photo books, a random special photo and a random photocard.
The photo books for both versions are have slight differences, with all pictures coming from the same photo shoots.

Track List:
A New Journey
Hold On Me Feat. Junoflo
Rain
Stranger
Crying Baby
넌 나만 바라봐 (Looking At Me)
Flower


































I have the normal edition and I'll hopefully get my hands on the limited edition one before they're out of print. There is nothing I can fault this album on, I love the layout of the album itself, the pictures are gorgeous, I love colours in the pictures and as expected Woo Hyun looks pretty damn fine.
I love that the album starts with a little instrumental intro with A New Journey, I think it gives a feel of what the album will sound like on a whole.
As soon as I heard those first notes for Hold On Me, I was in love. I love Junoflo's first rap section and I think his voice fits really well with Woo Hyun's.
While I love the whole album Rain is one of the tracks I often play, I love when vocalists do ballads but I also love when they do slow songs that are slightly more uptempo. From start to finish I'm in love with Woo Hyun's voice in this song. I've played this song so much even Skye has started singing along with the chorus.
With Stranger without seeing the translation of the lyrics I got a sultry feel from Woo Hyun, his voice blends seductively with the melody, that I couldn't help mentally answering him back saying he's mine.
Another of my favourite tracks that I listen to a lot is Crying Baby, no matter how many times I listen to this song there are parts especially the chorus that his voice personally for me reminds me of Jonghyun, making it feel like he's still around making new music. I also feel like this is a two-way song, Woo Hyun singing to Inspirit and Inspirit singing it to Woo Hyun. I can definitely feel the emotion and power in his voice in this song.
I love the intro to 넌 나만 바라봐 (Looking At Me), it connects to track A New Journey, reminding us this is the albums whole concept, reminding us Woo Hyun is doing something new and is taking us with him on his journey. I love that the melody appears to be louder than his vocals, giving a softness to his voice, while still giving the emotion he wants the listeners to feel from this song and album.
When I first heard Flower, it took me back 6 years to my introduction to K-pop and Girls Generation as how he sings the start of the song really reminds me of one of their early tracks. I think Flower is the perfect song to end the album with, it's like the cool down to a work-out and leaves you feeling relaxed and even more in love with Woo Hyun's voice than you thought could be possible.
There is literally not a bad thing I can say about this album you literally feel like you've been on a journey with Woo Hyun from start to finish, it's definitely one of my favourite albums so far for 2019.


Hold On Me

Rain

Stranger

Crying Baby

넌 나만 바라봐 (Looking At Me)

Flower

I wouldn't be surprised if Woo Hyun announces his plan for military enlistment soon as he's due to start his service soon since both Dongwoo and Sungyeol have both started theirs. I wouldn't be surprised if he announces it in July when his musical comes to an end. 

Do you have a physical copy?
Were you a fan of A New Journey?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment