Friday 14 June 2019

Eve of Man - Book Review

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


There's been a bit of a delay when it's come to posting about this one as part of my reading challenge, as I finished reading it back in January, but just never got round to writing and posting a post on it.

Eve of Man is the first instalment in Tom and Giovanna Fletcher's science fiction romance trilogy. It was published in hardback on the 31st of May 2018 and later published in paperback on the 24th of January 2019. Eve of Man is the first novel written by To and Giovanna as a joint book with Tom focusing on the male perspective and Giovanna focusing on the female perspective.

Against all odds, she survived, The first girl born in fifty years. They called her Eve.
All her life Eve has been kept away from the opposite sex, kept from the truth of her past.But at sixteen it's time for Eve to face her destiny. Three potential males have been selected for her. The future of humanity is in her hands. She's always accepted her fate.
Until she meets Bram.
Eve wants control over her life. She wants freedom. But how do you choose between love and the future of the human race.
Described by Tom and Giovanna Fletcher as an unconventional love story set in a dystopian future - do you embrace your fate - or do you run from it?

I've made no secret in the past about how much I love Giovanna's books, I've read them all and been in love with everyone of them. Tom's on the other hand are mainly aimed at younger readers so I've not read them, but I have bought some of his novels for Skye to read and she's loved them. So when they announced that they were writing a book together I was really excited.
I was not left disappointed, the only thing I struggled with was being able to put it down, I completed it within the space of 24 hours. Personally for me a good book keeps you reading onto the next chapter when it hits a cliffhanger.
I love that it's told from the perspective of both Bram and Eve, which I think shows good teamwork between Tom and Giovanna with Tom writing Bram's perspective and Giovanna writing Eve's perspective.
I think the plot has a good balance and flows just right, it kept me in suspense, excitement and I definitely felt the emotions while reading, I think the romance aspect of the book was predictable but everything else I think was unpredictable, I could never have guessed how it would have panned out, I was extremely gutted when I finished the last page as it meant I am now waiting for book two.
What I love about these types of books is that they get your imagination and brain working and thinking about what you would do if you were forced to live in that type of future.

Have you stepped in Eve and Bram's world in Eve of Man?
Let me know in the comments blow.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment