Monday 15 April 2019

SHINee - 2009, Year Of Us

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



It's been 5 months since I had a SHINee post and I feel it's a little bittersweet having one today as today Minho enlists into the marine corps for his military enlistment, meaning the only member now left to enlist is the youngest member Taemin.
With Today's post we're heading back to 2009 and their 3rd mini album 2009, The Year Of Us, this was SHINee's first comeback after a 5 month absence, with Romeo being their previous release.
On the 15th of October 2009, the M/V teaser was released for their title track Ring Ding Dong.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 16th of October 2009, the M/V for Ring Ding Dong was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
A few days later on the 19th of October 2009, their 3rd mini album 2009, Year Of Us was released digitally, with the album being physically released a little after on the 22nd of October 2009.

Before the albums release, it recorded 60,000 in pre-orders.

Members Minho and Key co-wrote together on the track Get Down which features label mate Luna of F(x).

Gaon Sales:
40,618+
*YouTube views are correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Ring Ding Dong has gained 108,417,508 million views and is continuing to increase.

The album is set out in a rectangular paperback case and comes with the Cd and photo book. 
The photo book has a more dark and edgy concept compared to their first few releases, there is a mixture of coloured and black & white pictures, which shows a more mature side to SHINee.

Track List:
Y.O.U. (Year Of Us)
Ring Ding Dong
JoJo
Get Down
SHINee Girl
내가 사랑했던 이름 (The Name I Loved)































I can understand why upon it's release Ring Ding Dong was banned before exams as you only have to hear it once and the chorus is stuck in your head. Out of all of SHINee's title tracks, I have to say that Ring Ding Dong is my least favourite but it's still one that I enjoy singing along to when it's on. The album itself I don't think fits with the title track as well as the concept in the photo book. The photo book fits for the year as does Ring Ding Dong but personally for me the rest of the album seemed more of an 80's/90's boy band track list. With this being said I do really like the album and even though it's one of the album's I don't tend to listen to and often forget I own, when I do hit that play button I find myself singing and bopping along.

Y.O.U. (Year Of Us)

Ring Ding Dong

JoJo

Get Down

SHINee Girl

내가 사랑했던 이름 (The Name I Loved)

Well SHINee are officially on hiatus now till the members finish their military enlistment. I saw the pictures today that was posted to SHINee's official Instagram page and I couldn't help feeling some sadness seeing Taemin being the only member left. I say a lot how Taemin is the only member left to promote now but I don't think it really occurred to me that he's the only member that could see off Minho. I wish Minho are safe and healthy return from his military enlistment and can't wait for him and SHINee to return.

Were you a fan of 2009, Year Of Us?
Is Ring Ding Dong one of your favourite SHINee title tracks?
Let me know in the comments below

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment