Tuesday 29 January 2019

Gingerbread Men

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I really enjoy baking, but sadly, I've come to a point where I don't bake as much as I'd want to or love to, I've starting making a list of things I want to bake, so hopefully that means more baking posts this year. Today we're making gingerbread men/women/people.
Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
300 g self raising flour
Pinch of salt
3 tsp ground ginger
100 g caster sugar
50 g butter
3 tbsp golden syrup
4 tbsp milk

Start by pre-heating your oven to 325F/160C/Gas Mark 3, grease and line a baking tray.

Place the flour, salt and ginger in a bowl and give it a stir.

In a small pan, warm the sugar, butter and golden syrup together.

Add the mixture from the pan to the bowl with your dry mixture and mix well.

Next add the milk and mix to a firm consistency, then lightly knead on a lightly floured surface.


Next roll out and cut shapes and place them on the baking tray. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes.

Once removed from the oven, allow them to cool, once cool you're ready to serve and enjoy.

It's safe to say these did not last long, after a few days they'd all been eaten. They tasted really nice and instead of being hard like some gingerbread men can but, these were really nice, soft and chewy. Skye really liked them and as soon as they were gone, she was asking when I'd be making more of them, which I did while she was out to surprise her.

The recipe I followed is from the 40th edition of the BE-RO Home Recipes booklet, I've always used this recipe when I've made gingerbread men, I've also noted down some other recipes from the book too, I'll be ordering the 41st edition too see what new recipes there is to give a try.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment