Monday 28 January 2019

Dreamcatcher - Escape The Era

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm back again with Dreamcatcher and this time it's with their 2nd mini album Escape The Era.

In February 2018, Dreamcatcher became the first K-pop girl group to complete a tour of major European cities to perform their music and interact with their international, cities visited were London, Lisbon, Madrid. Amsterdam, Berlin, Warsaw and Paris. Then in March 2018, Dreamcatcher announced their official fandom to be "InSomnia".
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 30th of April 2018, the first set of teaser images were released titled Inside 1.
Google Images

 Google Images
Google Images
On the 1st of May 2018, the 2nd set of teaser images were released titled Inside 2.
 Google Images
On the 2nd of May 2018, the 'You and I' Trailer A was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 3rd of May 2018, the 3rd set of teaser images were released titled Outside 1.
Google Images

Google Images
On the 4th of May 2018, the 4th and final set of teaser images were released titled Outside 2.
Google Images
On the 7th of May 2018, the 'You and I' Trailer B was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 8th of May 2018, the Escape The Era Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 9th of May 2018, the You and I M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 10th of May 2018, the You and I M/V was released along with the digital and physical release of their 2nd mini album Escape The Era.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
On the 14th of May 2018, two videos were released, the You and I (Dance Video) and {Special Clip} Mayday.
Owned by Happyface Entertainment
Owned by Happyface Entertainment

Escape The Era is the final album in their 'Nightmare' album series.
Member Dami co-wrote on title track You and I as well as writing the lyrics to track Scar (이 더럽고도 추한…)

Escape The Era peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.29 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.5 on the Five-Music Albums Chart and No.7 on the Billboard Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales: 
25,436+
Oricon Sales:
4,226+
Giving the album a total of 29,662+ copies sold.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
Through their official YouTube channel the M/V for You and I has gained 768,518 thousand views and through the channel 1theK, the M/V has gained 6,686,118 million views, giving the M/V a total of 7,454,636 million views.

Escape The Era was released in 2 versions: Inside and Outside. Both versions are set out in the same way and come in a box slipcase containing the Cd, photo book and 3 photocards; 1 group card and 2 random member cards.
The Inside version is orange and the photo book follows the concept shown in the teaser images.
The Outside version is teal and the photo book follows the concept from the M/V, with the pictures in the photo book being taken by the members.

Track List:
Inside-Outside (Intro)
You and I
Mayday
어느별 (Which Star)
Scar (이 더럽고도 추한…)
You and I (Inst.)

Inside Version


























Outside Version






























Escape The Era shows again that Dreamcatcher are a versatile group, they never fail to amaze me and have me in awe. Their vocals seem to work with any genre of music and each member gets their time to shine with their vocals. I'm in love with this album from start to finish, each track fits the album concept well and blends well to make the perfect and memorable mini album. I love the album's layout and concept, I love the styling and I especially love Yoohyeon's hair. I love that in the Outside version of the album the pictures of the members are taken by one another, showing that they shine behind the camera as well as in front of it. You and I was my first official comeback with Dreamcatcher and as an InSomnia, I'm gutted they didn't get their first music show win but I'm glad they've finally started getting more recognition for how talented and unique they are.

Inside-Outside (Intro)

You and I

Mayday

어느별 (Which Star)

Scar (이 더럽고도 추한…)

You and I (Inst.)

I'm always excited when Dreamcatcher make a comeback and I can't wait for their next one, I'm always intrigued on what they'll do next.

Did Escape The Era pull you into InSomnia?
Which version do you have?
Do you have a favourite track?
What is your favourite title track from their Nightmare series?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!

안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment