Friday 5 October 2018

Korean Drama - Life

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
I'm back with another Korean drama post, and my 2nd drama with Lee Dong-wook, I first came across him when I watched the drama Goblin aka Guardian: The Lonely and Great God, I've adored him ever since. There was also more familiar faces for me in this drama, there was Kim Won-hae that I first came to know through Black, Choi Kwang-il from Rich Man, Poor Woman and Yoo Jae-myung from Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
Life is a 2018 South Korean medical television series, it's written by Lee Soo-yeon and directed by Hong Jong-chan.
Life aired on JTBC on Mondays and Tuesdays during the 11pm (KST) time slot, the series aired from the 23rd of July 2018 until the 11th of September 2018, running for 16 episodes.
The series is a Netflix original and each episode was available for streaming on it's release in South Korea.

*If there is only 1 picture of a cast member, it's because I couldn't find a screen grab of them in the series*

Main Cast:
Lee Dong-wook as Ye Jin-woo
Google Images

Cho Seung-woo as Koo Seung-hyo
Google Images

Won Jin-ah as Lee No-eul
Google Images

Lee Kyu-hyung as Ye Seon-woo
Google Images

Yoo Jae-myung as Joo Jyung-moon
Google Images

Moon So-ri as Oh Se-hwa
Google Images

Recurring Cast:
Moon Sung-keun as Kim Tae-sang
Google Images

Chun Ho-jin as Lee Bo-hoon
Google Images

Tae In-ho as Sunwoo Chang
Google Images

Yeom Hye-ran as Kang Kyung-ah
Google Images

Choi Yu-hwa as Choi Seo-hyun
Google Images

Um Hyo-sup as Lee Sang-yeop
Google Images

Kim Won-hae as Lee Dong-soo
Google Images

Jung Moon-sung as Jo Nam-hyung
Google Images

Choi Gwang-il as Jang Min-ki
Google Images

Woo Mi-hwa as Kim Jung-hee
Google Images

The first script reading was held on the 29th of March 2018, in the JTBC building.

Like most of the dramas I watch and come to love, there are songs from the series' OST that I love hearing as it takes me back to watching the drama.
Ha Dong-kyun - Home

Soyou - Silence

1theK (원더케이)
ZUWAN - Bye
Jung Seung-hwan - Fine

At Korea's top university medical center, ideals and interests collide between a patient-centered ER doctor and the hospitals newly-appointed CEO.

Google Images
This was my first time watching a Korean medical drama and I don't think it will be my last medical drama. I knew that Lee Dong-wook was making a new drama as he kept posting about it on his Instagram, but what I wasn't expecting was to come across it when I was looking at the Netflix Original series' and films. I screamed so loud that I made both my dogs jump as well as my daughter. Medical dramas are not really something new to me as I grew up watching Casualty with my mum on a Saturday evening, as well as Holby City on Tuesday evenings, but I think Life was on another level. I loved the casting, I couldn't help squealing when I saw some of the characters as I wasn't expecting to see them so soon after watching other dramas. I'm curious to check out Lee Dong-wook's other dramas to see if he has the same acting style as he does for both Goblin and Life, in that he's clueless when it comes to the women he's attracted to. As much as I hated Koo Seung-hyo as a character and was hoping he'd eventually switch sides, I think Cho Seung-woo did an amazing job bringing him to life. Also even though he seemed to be on the bad side I couldn't help feeling sorry for Sunwoo Chang as he seemed to get verbal and physical abuse from the families he was trying to persuade to donate the organs of their loved ones, to get none of the recognition from the families whose family members were saved because of him. What I really liked about Life, was that it focused more behind the scenes in the medical center, rather than in the A&E or on the wards. I also loved that we have a strong female lead, that took no rubbish and fought with all she had to obtain her desires in a more male populated staff members and chiefs, Moon So-ri did amazing in her role. From watching Life, I have become interested in checking out Choi Seung-woo's Netflix Original series (Stranger), as well as Lee Kyu-hyung's Netflix Original series (Prison Playbook).
If you haven't already, I would highly recommend giving Life a watch, it had me holding my breath as well as on the edge of my seat, wondering what would happen next.

Google Images
I can only hope that Life will get a 2nd season, even though the series ended in a way it would be the last of life, but it also gave it enough of an open ending, then if it was to return, there would be plenty more of their story to tell.

Have you watched Life?
Were you happy with the series as a whole?
Were you happy with how it ended?
Let me know in the comments below

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment