Tuesday 31 July 2018

Chicken Dinner

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I'm always looking for new recipe's to try and share with you that it's never occurred to me to share with you a recipe I like to make when I use chicken for our Sunday dinners, I thought this recipe would be helpful for anyone that's not really confident when it comes to cooking chicken. I'm one of those people who are nervous cooking chicken because I'm scared I'm not going to cook it enough, but this is my go to recipe when cooking a chicken dinner.
Shall we get cooking?

Ingredients:
1 chicken, weighing 1.442 kg
55 g butter, softened
2 tbsp thyme
1 lemon, cut into quarters
125 ml white wine

Start off by preheating your oven to 220C/425F/Gas Mark 7 and place your chicken in a roasting tin. Put the butter into a bowl, then mix in the thyme.

Next cut your lemon in to quarters ready to use.

Next use the butter to spread over the skin of your chicken, place the lemon inside the cavity of the chicken and pour the wine over the chicken and roast in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 190C/375F/Gas Mark 5 and roast, basting frequently, for a further 1 3/4 hours.

To check if a whole bird is cooked through, pierce the thickest part of the leg between the drumstick and the thigh with a skewer. Any juices should be piping hot and clear with no traces of red or pink. To further check, gently pull the leg away from the body, the leg should 'give' and no traces of pinkness or blood should remain.

Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter, or leave in roasting tin and cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.

Once rested it's ready to carve, I always start by pulling off the legs and then taking the rest of the chicken away from the bone, I tend to use my hands to do this and sometimes a fork to stop the chicken from burning my fingers.

Now you're ready to serve.

Even though I don't really like or enjoy cooking chicken, I always use this recipe as the chicken is always soft and juicy and the skin is crispy and delicious. I always serve mine with with mash potatoes, Yorkshire puddings, carrots, cauliflower, broccoli and sprouts. With me only cook for myself and Skye, there's always plenty of chicken left over, meaning I can enjoy a chicken sandwich.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment