Thursday 1 February 2018

Sausage Casserole

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)



Last week I bought some pork and orange sausages so I decided that I'd make and try a sausage casserole with them. The recipe I followed was a Slimming World recipe but I didn't follow it's ingredients list to some extent, I will be sharing with you my ingredients list but if you do want to give the Slimming World recipe a go I will be linking it at the end.
Shall we get cooking?


Ingredients:
Olive oil
3 large onions, sliced
300 g closed cup mushrooms, sliced
2 large carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
1 1/2 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp dried thyme
2 vegetable stock pots
6 pork & orange sausages
1 large sweet potato, peeled & roughly chopped
2 large potatoes, peeled & roughly chopped

I started off by pre heating the oven at 200 degrees c and once my oven was hot enough I placed my sausages in the oven for 23 minutes.

Next I drizzled some olive oil in a frying pan and put in my sliced onions and fried on a high heat for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes, place 100 ml water into a jug and half of the cooked onions and blitz in either a food processor or with a hand held blender.

I sprayed some low calorie spray in a large pan and put in my remaining onions, pureed onions, mushrooms, carrots, tomato puree, thyme, stock pots 1 litre of boiling water and mixed together and then placed on a medium heat and simmered for 10 minutes.

Once your sausages are cooked cut each sausages into 5 pieces and place somewhere to keep warm.

When the 10 minutes is up add your potatoes and sweet potato and cook for a further 20 minutes.

5 minutes before the casserole finishes cooking add your cooked and cut sausage pieces.

Once your last 5 minutes are up then you are ready to dish it up for everyone to enjoy.

This was the first time I've tried pork and orange sausages and I loved them, I also really love sweet potato so that was a bonus for this recipe. I would happily cook this recipe again even if Skye wasn't a fan of it.
If you're wanting to try the Slimming World set of ingredients then you can check out Slimming World Sausage Casserole.

See you soon!


  
안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment