Tuesday 17 January 2017

Baked Goods: Fudgy Brownies

Hello
Annyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni Hao


You know it's bad when you love baking and sharing baking recipe's but you've not really baked or posted anything baking related since the beginning of last year. Don't get me wrong I have done some baking but only a few cupcakes and cheesecakes, basically recipe's I have shared before. If you've seen my recent Weigh in Wednesday post then you know about the Kayla Itsines book that I have purchased that has meal plans, with the recipe's for each dish, well she also has added a section titled naughty made nice, which has plenty of desserts made that bit healthier, from brownies to cookies, there's even a recipe for hot chocolate. The recipe I'm wanting to share with you today is from that book and this is the first time I've made Brownies from scratch, I've always used the the ready to make brownie mixes.
Shall we get baking some naughty made nice brownies?

Ingredients:
125 g wholemeal plain flour
80 raw cacao powder
pinch of sea salt
170 ml coconut oil, melted and cooled
4 tsp pure maple syrup
200 g coconut sugar
4 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
125 g dark chocolate chips, plus extra for sprinkling (optional)

Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (160 fan/gas 4) and then line a 20 cm square cake tin with baking parchment.

Place the flour, cacao powder and salt into a mixing bowl and mix until combined, set to one side.

Next place the coconut oil (I forgot I had to melt it), maple syrup, coconut sugar (I used caster sugar as I couldn't find any coconut sugar in my local Tesco) and vanilla extract in another large bowl and mix until combined well.


Next add 1 egg and stir until just combined and repeat with the remaining eggs.

Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and gently stir to combine. Stir until there isn't any streaks of flour left, don't over mix. Gently fold in the chocolate chips.

Pour the brownie mixture into the lined cake tin and if desired sprinkle chocolate chips on top.

Bake in the oven foe 30-35 minutes or until the brownies feel set and a thin crust forms on top. Insert a skewer or toothpick into the centre, the brownie should be a little wet, but have some moist crumbs on it. The brownie will continue to cook in the tin as it cools.

Leave the brownie to cool completely in the tin, then cut into 12 even squares. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days (if they last that long) or refrigerate for a fudgier texture.

I loved making this recipe, I made it a little harder for myself by forgetting to melt the coconut oil but it all worked out in the end. I love that coconut oil was used instead of butter and I really liked that you got a little taste of coconut in the finished brownies. It's safe to say that these brownies didn't last long before they were all eaten and I look forward to baking them again, I hope to next time be able to get coconut sugar so I can follow the recipe completely and see if they taste any different than with caster sugar. I can't wait to try more of the naughty made nice recipe's and share them with you all. If your a novice at baking then I really recommend this Fudgy Brownies recipe as it's really easy to follow plus you can eat these without feeling your caving on your diet.

Have you made any of Kayla's naughty but nice recipes?
Have you made her Fudgy Brownies?
Did you find it easy finding the ingredients?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


Annyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment