Tuesday 2 February 2016

Cooking: Chicken Yaki Udon Noodles

Hello
An nyeoung
Konnichiwa
Ni hao


I thought this week I would do another cooking post instead of the usual cooking then baking posts but don't worry I do have some baking posts penned in next week and the week after but I thought this week I would share another recipe I found, this one is a Japanese dish and my first time cooking a Japanese style dish, which I'm sure your surprised about, shall we get started?
Lets get cooking!

Ingredients:
300g udon noodles - I used straight to Wok noodles
Oil, for frying
2 chicken breasts
Pinch chilli flakes
1/2 red onion, sliced
1 garlic clove sliced
12 shitake mushrooms
small handful Mangetout, sliced
3tbsp soy sauce
3tbsp mirin
1tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1tbsp honey
2 spring onions, chopped
1tbsp sesame seeds
Drizzle sesame oil
1 lime, cut into wedges

First up I diced my red onion, garlic, mangetout and spring onions ready for when needed.

Next I cut my chicken breasts into pieces that I would use in a curry or you could cut them into strips like a stir fry.

Next I added oil and the chicken to a pan on a medium heat and cooked for 2 minutes.

After 2 minutes I added the chilli flakes, red onion, garlic, mangetout and the shitake mushrooms, gave it a stir and left to cook for a further 2-3 minutes.

Next I added the honey, soy sauce, mirin and Worcestershire sauce and gave another mix. Then brought it to a simmer.

I then added the udon noodles and cooked till the noodles were ready.

Next I spooned into 2 bowls, sprinkled over the spring onions, drizzled over the sesame oil and sprinkled over the sesame seeds. Lastly adding 2 lime wedges to each bowl  and ready to serve.

I really enjoyed making this dish and the recipe was really easy to follow, if you recognised the recipe then you may have seen it on Lorraine as I was leaving the house he said he was cooking this so if would like to follow the ingredients (I missed some out) and recipe that he shared then check out James' recipe on Lorraine's website.

Did you cook this recipe?
Let me know your thoughts below.

See you soon!


An nyeoung
Sayonara
Zai Jian
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment