Tuesday 2 July 2024

PLAVE - Asterum: 134-1

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

PLAVE are a 5-member South Korean virtual boy group formed by VLAST. The members were introduced on their official YouTube channel on the 15th of September 2022. They made their official debut on the 12th of March 2023.

The group is created through motion capture, with real people being behind the members that choose to keep their real identities private. 3 (Yejun, Noah & Eunho) of the members take part in the production of their releases, while the other 2 members (Bamby & Hamin) are in charge of choreography.

The members are:

Yejun

Google Images

Noah
Google Images

Bamby
Google Images

Eunho
Google Images

Hamin
Google Images

Asterum: 134-1 is PLAVE's 2nd mini album.
On the 22nd of February 2024, the Asterum: 134-1 Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by VLAST
On the 24th of February 2024, the Way 4 Luv M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by VLAST
On the 26th of February 2024, the Way 4 Luv M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of Asterum: 134-1.
Owned by VLAST
On the 6th of March 2024, the Way 4 Luv Fan chant Guide was released.
Owned by VLAST
On the 22nd of May 2024, the Way 4 Luv Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by VLAST

Way 4 Luv won PLAVE 2 music show wins, winning once on Show Champion and once on Show! Music Core. Making PLAVE the first virtual group to win on music shows.

The PLAVE members co-wrote and co-composed on Watch Me Woo!, 버추얼 아이돌 (Virtual Idol), From, 우리 영화 (Our Movie), Merry PLListmas and title track Way 4 Luv.

Asterum: 134-1 peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart and No.9 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 721,440+
Oricon Sales = 10,541+
Total Sales = 731,981+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The Way 4 Luv M/V has so far gained 10,114,044 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Asterum: 134-1 was released in 6 versions, 5 member versions a 1 POCA version.
The member versions ae set out in a card case and come with a mini Cd, lyrics book, sticker sheet, polaroid, 2 mini postcards, 1 random member photo card, 1 random group photo, 1 random unit card and 1 random member starshard photo card. First press also came with a fragrance tag. The album cover, Cd plate, polaroid, mini postcards and fragrance tag are all member specific.
The POCA version is set out in a case that turns into a photo stand and comes with a user guide, digital contents, accordion postcard, sticker sheets, random QR code and 2 random photo cards.

Track List:
Watch Me Woo!
WAY 4 LUV
버추얼 아이돌 (Virtual Idol)
From
우리 영화 (Our Movie)
Merry PLLIstmas


Yejun Ver.




















Noah Ver.




















Bamby Ver.




















I came across PLAVE by seeing reels on instagram of the members glitching during their livestreams, which made me laugh. It's not that fact that they glitch that made me laugh either, it's how they react to the glitches, which shows that there's real people behind the avatars.
As you can see I have 3 of the 5 member versions, and I have Yejun, Noah and Bamby. The albums were a lot smaller than I was expecting that when I opened my first version, I couldn't stop myself laughing, I initially thought I'd bought the wrong item.
The lyrics book is the same in each version, and as you can see with all three versions I've been curse with the Yejun & Hamin unit card. I've got both version's of Eunho's starshard card as well as both of the group photo cards.
The album itself is my introduction to PLAVE an what an amazing album to start with, each track is different. For me this isn't the typical K-pop album, in that it's sound is different to what people are releasing at the minute.

Being completely honest Watch Me Woo! is my least favourite track on the album, but it doesn't mean I don't like it at all. The more I listen to it the more I actually love it more. I love the melody and I think the members vocal tones really fit the track. I only need to see the tracks name and I'm singing it.
Watch Me Woo!

As soon as WAY 4 LUV starts, my brain goes into PLLI mode and gets ready to not only sing along, but also to do the fanchant. I love the melody and I love their voices in this song. Each member has a unique voice which makes them stand out as members as well as making them a unique and talented group. The way they compliment each other vocally is on another level.
WAY 4 LUV

버추얼 아이돌 (Virtual Idol) is definitely one of my favourite tracks on this album, I love the melody and I absolutely love the lyrics. It's such a cute and fun song, it definitely needs more recognition. Also this song is way too short.
Virtual Idol

The melody for From is absolutely stunning and their vocals against the melody makes it even more stunning. This song really shows that while Eunho and Hamin are the designated rappers, they're also amazing vocalists. This is such a beautiful ballad.
From
kyujun

Another of my favourites on this album is 우리 영화 (Our Movie). I love the melody and I love their voices. I couldn't imagine this song being sung any other way. This is another song that I think is way too short, and whenever I listen to this song, I'm taken back to them talking about their after party after their first fan concert.
우리 영화 (Our Movie)

I have to say my favourite track on the album is Merry PLLIstmas. This song is so cute and fun, it's definitely become one of my favourite Christmas songs. Yes, I'm talking about a Christmas song in July. I'll be including this song on my musical Christmas countdown this year. 
Merry PLLIstams
Owned by VLAST

I love that PLAVE keep their real identities private, as it means they can actually do what they love and enjoy, without the added pressure of being constantly followed. While some people know who they really are, I'm in no rush to know their secrets as we get to see their personalities shine through their lives, as well as hearing how talented they are. That being said many people still don't understand how things work with PLAVE and assume they're AI and ridicule when there are posts of scandals & illnesses because they don't realise there are real people behind the avatars.
I for one will happily say that I'm a PLLI. I will admit that there's times they sound really familiar to me and I can't pinpoint why I know their voices but it doesn't make me enjoy their music any less. In fact it makes me appreciate them even more because many people are missing out on how talented they really are.
I hope they continue to become popular and have more success, and I can't wait to see what they bring us next with their music.

Were you a fan of Asterum: 134-1?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on WAY 4 LUV as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track on the album?
How did you become a fan of PLAVE?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment