Tuesday 11 June 2024

(G)I-DLE - 2

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


2 is (G)I-DLE's 2nd full length album.
On the 7th of January 2024, the 2nd full album [2] Logo Motion video was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 11th of January 2024, the 2nd full album [2] Comeback Trailer 'A Reminder: (G)I-DLE' was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 18th of January 2024, the 2nd full album [2] Audio Snippet was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 20th of January 2024, the Wife M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 21st of January 2024. the Wife M/V was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 23rd of January 2024, the Story Film: 'Super Lady' was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 24th of January 2024, the Super Lady M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 25th of January 2024, the Super Lady M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 29th of January 2024, the Super Lady M/V was released, along with the digital release of their 2nd full length album.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 30th of January 2024, 2 was released physically. Then on the 15th of February 2024, the Revenge M/V was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment
On the 13th of March 2024, the 나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate) Live Clip was released.
Owned by Cube Entertainment

2 has surpassed the previous record set by their I Feel album, selling over 1,163,395 copies. Remarkably the album achieved million-seller status within 2 days of it's release, a notable feat give then recent download trend in K-pop idol group sales. Positioning (G)I-DLE as the 5th highest-ranking K-pop girl group for all-time initial release sales.

Super Lady won a total of 4 music show trophies, winning 1 on Show Champion and 3 on M Countdown. 나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate) has also wont them 3 music show trophies winning 3 times on Inkigayo.

Soyeon wrote the lyrics for Super Lady, Revenge, 나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate) and Wife, she also co-composed on the tracks.
Yuqi wrote co-wrote and co-composed the tracks Doll and Rollie.
Minnie co-wrote and co-composed the track 7 Days.
Miyeon and Minnie co-wrote on the lyrics for Vision, with Minnie also co-composing on the track.

2 peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.19 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.22 on the UK Physical Albums Chart and No.3 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circles Sales = 1,677,030+
Oricon Sales = 12,929+
Giving the album a total of 1,689,959+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Super Lady has so far gained 82,200,091 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

2 was released in 8 versions: 3 standard versions named 0,1 and 2 and 5 jewel case versions.
The standard versions are set out in a hardback book style case with a lenticular cover and comes with the Cd, photobook, lyric paper, a random mini poster, sticker sheet, random film photo card, random message card and a random photo card.
The jewel case versions are set out in a typical jewel case and are member based, and comes with the Cd, booklet, lyric paper and a random photo card.
All photobooks are different and pre-orders also came with a poster.

Track List
Super Lady
Revenge
Doll
Vision
7 Days
나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate)
Rollie
Wife

0 Version

























































2 Version


















































As you can see, I have 2 versions of the album and I absolutely love how they've made the albums cover lenticular so it changes between the members, but taking photo's doesn't do it justice. I absolutely love the photobooks for these 2 versions. As soon as I saw the teaser pictures, I knew they were the versions I wanted. Version 0 gives me goddess vibes, while Version 2 gives me military/emo vibes as it makes me think of My Chemical Romances Black Parade. Both photobooks are stunning.
The album itself is amazing, each track is different and I feel it's a step up from their previous album, I have tracks that stick out more to me than others, but it really is a no skip album.

I wondered how they would raise the bar after 퀸카 (Queencard) as I had it on repeat so much, it was my most listened to song through my Spotify wrapped for 2023. Now with the release of Super Lady, I think I'll have a new No.1. Also from it's release until recently, through my receiptify it was my most listened to song.
This song is really catchy, I love how it changes towards the end, and as expected it didn't take me long to learn the lyrics, or the choreography for the chorus. My only criticism is that it's way too short. I also loved that for this comeback they were a unit it that they all wore the same and they all had their hair styled the same.
Super Lady

As soon as I heard Revenge I knew I was going to love it. I love the melody, the vocals, the rap, Soyeon did such an amazing job with it all. This is another song that I learnt pretty quickly and I just know this will be even better performed live.
Revenge

I absolutely love Doll, this song is perfect for any relationship whether it be romantic, family or friendship where people are being controlled and moulded into what the other party wants. It's also a perfect message of saying never change who you are for someone else.
Doll

I love the melody for Vision, I love their vocals against the melody too. I also love how the melody changes between the vocals and Soyeon and Minnie's raps, while changing up again for the chorus.
Vision

When I first heard 7 Days, I was in love with it straight away and the fact that it's in English is a bonus, it makes me think it's meant to be a song for the fans and Minnie made it to be more inclusive for all of their fans. I just know that this song will be stunning live.
7 Days

I love how different 나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate) is. I read that this was originally the title track for this album, but Soyeon changed it up as she wanted a song that could open concerts, which is where Super Lady came in. I love the love this song is getting and that they've promoted it as a b-side because of the love and interest it's gotten, even getting them music show wins. It's just a shame that Shuhua was on hiatus while they promoted it. The more I listen to this song the more and more I fall in love with it.
나는 아픈 건 딱 질색이니까 (Fate)

I love that Rollie has a darker vibe to the rest of the tracks and album, Yuqi always knows how to change it up.
Rollie

What better pre-release single could we get than Wife. For me this was so odd from (G)I-DLE, but it's extremely addictive and I was in love from the first listen. All their raps are on point for this track and I love the difference between the raps and vocals Also what better song to close the album with. They did get a bit of hate for this track because they said the Korean lyrics was too sexualised.
Wife

This album is aesthetically pleasing for both the eyes and ears. It's already a contender for my No.1 spot for my favourite albums of 2024 and we're only in April.
I love how different each track is and I love the mixture of bright and upbeat tracks as well as darker and slower tracks, this is definitely up there as one of my favourite (G)I-DLE album. For me they raise the bar with each comeback, and I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.

Were you a fan of 2?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Super Lady as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment