Tuesday 16 April 2024

Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's been a while since I shared a baking post, but in March I did a lot of baking and some were recipes I'd tried never tried before. So I thought I'd share them with you, starting with these Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes from Jane's Patisserie.

Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
Cupcakes:
100g dark chocolate
100g unsalted butter
1 tsp instant coffee
75ml boiling water
100g plain flour
20g cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
200g light brown sugar
2 medium eggs
75ml buttermilk
1/2 tsp vanilla

Buttercream Frosting:
150g unsalted butter (room temp, not Stork/spread)
300g icing sugar
35g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
75-100ml evaporated milk

Start off by pre-heating your oven to 160C/140C Fan and get you cupcake case ready.

In a bain-marie add your chocolate and butter, heat and mix until melted.

While that's melting, pour the boiling water onto the coffee granules and mix until smooth.

Add the coffee into the chocolate/butter mixture and mix until smooth.

In a large bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and sugar, and whisk until distributed.

In a jug or bowl, mix together the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla.

Now it's time to add the 3 mixtures together - pour the chocolate/coffee mix and the egg mixture into the dry ingredients. Fold until smooth.

Split the mixture evenly between your baking cases, I use an ice cream scoop to fill my cases and filled them 2/3.

Bake in the oven for 28-32 minutes. Leave to cool fully once baked.

Make sure you butter is room temperature before beginning the buttercream frosting.

In a bowl, beat the butter on it's own for a few minutes to soften.

Add in the icing sugar and cocoa powder 1/2 at a time, and beat until combined.

Add in the vanilla, and then the evaporated milk a little at a time beating in fully each time. I use 100ml for the consistency I prefer.

Pipe the buttercream frosting onto your cupcakes and decorate if you wish to.




This recipe is really easy to follow. I originally made these cupcakes for mothers day as a gift for my mum and with the size cases I used, got 11 cupcakes out of the mixture. I've made this recipe a few more times since and used fairy cases and got a lot more out of the mixture.
These cupcakes are delicious and have become my go-to recipe when baking, I recently made some for a meeting at work and they went down a treat. They're really chocolatey and fudgy and very moreish.

If you would like to follow Jane's recipe then head over to Chocolate Fudge Cupcakes on the Jane's Patisserie website. Jane's Patisserie has become my go-to website for my baking needs, especially when it comes to birthday cakes.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment