Monday 5 February 2024

ENHYPEN - Orange Blood

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Orange Blood is ENHYPEN's 5th mini album.
On the 15th of October 2023, Be:lift Lab announced that ENHYPEN would be making  comeback, as well announcing the comeback, the Orange Blood Logo Trailer was released.
Owned by BeLift
On the 26th of October 2023, the Orange Blood Concept Trailer was released.
Owned by BeLift
On the 29th of October 2023, the Orange Blood Concept Film (KSANA Ver.) was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 31st of October 2023, the Orange Blood Concept Film (KALPA Ver.) was released.
Owned  by Be:Lift
On the 2nd of November 2023, the Orange Blood Concept Film (ENGENE Ver.) was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 10th of November 2023, the Orange Blood Preview was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 13th of November 2023, the Sweet Venom Official Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 15th of November 2023, the Sweet Venom Official Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 17th of November 2023, the Sweet Venom M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 5th mini album Orange Blood.
Owned by Be:Lift
On the 3rd of December 2023, the Orange Flower (You Complete Me) Official Track Video (Memories of Youth) was released.
Owned by Be:Lift

Orange Blood sold more than 1.38 million copies on it's first day of release alone, surpassing the sales of their Dark Blood mini album.

Sweet Venom won ENHYPEN 1 music show trophy, winning on Music Bank.

Orange Blood peaked at No.1 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.26 on the UK Download Albums Chart, No.4 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circles Sales = 1,996,848+
Oricon Sales = 200,866+
US Sales = 87,000+
Giving the album a total of 2,284,714+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Sweet Venom has so far gained 35,267,230 million views, with the views still increasing rapidly on a daily basis.

Orange Blood was released in in 9 versions: KSANA, KALPA and 7-member ENGENE versions.
The KSANA and KALPA versions are set out in a paperback book case with a slipcase. Both versions come with the Cd, photobook, sticker sheet, postcard, fragrance card, lyrics poster, random photo paper and 2 random photo cards.
The ENGENE versions are member based and set out as a paperback book case, and come with the Cd, photobook, postcard, drawing sticker, photo sticker, message card and 2 random photo cards.
Photo books for all versions are different.

Track List
Mortal
Sweet Venom
Still Monster
멀어 (Blind)
Orange Flower (You Complete Me)
Sweet Venom (English Ver.)
Sweet Venom (Feat. Bella Poarch)(Digital Only)























I have the ENGENE versions of the album and it's rare that I pull my favourite member in the photo cards, so to pull Jake's Engene version twice is lucky for me.
The layout is pretty much the same as their Dark Blood mini album, I love the photo book. I do love an outdoor concept, as their styling and colours always stand out a little more.
The album itself is amazing and my favourite album of theirs so far. It shows a more mature side to them, than we've had so far.

I always love the intro songs on ENHYPEN's albums, and it was no different for Mortal. I love the melody, I love the mixture of Korean, Japanese and English mixed together with their singing.
Mortal

I love Sweet Venom, it's such a catchy and addictive song. I love their vocals in this song, each member has their moment to shine and their vocal tones fit perfectly with this style of song.
Sweet Venom

I love the melody for Still Monster, it's another song that fits their voices really well.
Still Monster

멀어 (Blind) is one of my favourite tracks on this album. I love when they do songs that give off a more mature vibe as it allows their music to grow with them and it allows them to show how much they've changed and improved since appearing on I-Land.
멀어 (Blind)

I absolutely adore Orange Flower (You Complete Me), especially their Korean pronunciation of Orange, as it's actually in English.
Orange Flower
ShadowByYoongi

Because I love the Korean version of Sweet Venom, of course I'd also love Sweet Venom (English Ver.). I feel the English version is a little more mature than the Korean.
Sweet Venom (English Ver.)

Even though it's not on the physical I also have to share Sweet Venom (Feat. Bella Poarch), while it's just the English version. Bella's vocals fit perfectly with the melody.
Sweet Venom (Feat. Bella Poarch)

I have to say while I lean more to Bite Me as my favourite title track of theirs in 2023, Orange Blood for me had the better and more addictive b-sides. And to repeat what I said about Dark Blood, Orange Blood is definitely their best album so far.
I can't wait to see how they're going to top this comeback and album, each release takes it to the next level.

Were you a fan of Orange Blood?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Sweet Venom as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment