Monday 8 May 2023

Tomorrow X Together - The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION is the 5th mini album from Tomorrow X Together.
On the 2nd of December 2022,The Name Chapter Concept Trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 14th of December 2022, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION Video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 9th of January 2023, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION Concept Clip 'Daydream' was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 11th of January 2023, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION Concept Clip 'Nightmare' was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 13th of January 2023, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION Concept Clip 'Farewell' was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 22nd of January 2023, The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION Preview was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 24th of January 2023, the Sugar Rush Ride Official Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 25th of January 2023, the Sugar Rush Ride Official Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 27th of January 2023, the Sugar Rush Ride M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 1st of February 2023, the Sugar Rush Ride M/V (Choreography Ver.) was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music

Big Hit Music reported on January 10th, 2023 that The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION had sold over 1.56 million copies in pre-orders. According to the label, by January 25th, pre-orders surpassed 2.16 million copies, a new career high for Tomorrow X Together.
The album debuted at No,1 on the US Billboard 200 with 161,500 album-equivalent units, earning Tomorrow X Together their first number one in the country.

Sugar Rush Ride won Tomorrow X Together 4 music show trophies, winning 2 on M Countdown, 1 on Music Bank and 1 on Inkigayo.

Yeonjun, Beomgyu, Taehyun, Soobin and Huening Kai co-wrote on the lyrics for Happy Fools (Feat. Coi Leray).
Taehyun and Yeonjun on the lyrics for Tinnitus (돌멩이가 되고 싶어(Wanna Be A Rock)).
Yeonjun co-wrote on the lyrics for 네버랜드를 떠나며 (Farewell, Neverland).

The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION peaked at No.1 on the Circles Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Billboard 200 Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Circle sales = 2,634,872+
Oricon Sales = 209,904+
US Sales = 323,000+
Giving the album a total of 3,167,776+ so far on physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V For Sugar Rush Ride has so far gained 112,379,730 million views, with the views still rapidly increasing on a daily basis.

The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION was released in 8 versions: 3 photo book versions titled Daydream, Nightmare and Farewell. and 5 member versions titled Lullaby.
The photo book versions are set out in a hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyric booklet, sticker sheet, bookmark, random postcard, random poster and a random photo card.
The member Lullaby versions are set out in a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, sticker, postcard, mini poster and a random photo card.
All the photo books are different.

Track List:
Devil By the Window
Sugar Rush Ride
Happy Fools (Feat. Coi Leray)
Tinnitus (돌멩이가 되고 싶어 (Wanna Be A Rock))
네버랜드를 떠나며 (Farewell, Neverland)

Nightmare Ver.



























































Lullaby Ver. (Soobin)
















I love the layout of both versions of the album I have, it's really simple and really pretty.
I love the pages for the photo book for the Nightmare versions, they're really glossy and pretty, making the images pop even more, it reminds me of their WORLD version of The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE.
When it comes to TXT, I tend to be Beomgyu and Huening Kai cursed as they're the members I usually pull with the random stuff, but I was insanely happy when I opened my Lullaby album and came face to face with Soobin, he was my first bias when I came across txt (it was the smile). His photo book is stunning and even though the colours used look dark and dim, it actually gives off a feeling of warmth.
The album itself is as usual amazing, for me it takes TXT to a whole other level, showing that their versatility is in no shape of form slowing down or changing. I feel that TXT make their own rules, and I love watching them bring something new each time.

I get Billie Eilish vibes from Devil by the Window, I've been in love with this song since I've heard it. I love the melody and vocals, it gives of such a sultry and mature vibe. I'd love to hear TXT do more songs like this one.
Devil by the Window

Sugar Rush Ride makes me think of Blue Hour with how upbeat it is, but it's Blue Hour on a whole other level. There's something about TXT'S title tracks that each time they release a new one it become my favourite. For my this is on par with Can't You See Me. I love the melody and the vocals.
Sugar Rush Ride

Happy Fools Feat. Coi Leray is such a cute song, it's once of those songs that sucks you in and has you singing along, it's super catchy.
Happy Fools Feat. Coi Leray

If there's one song from this album that I desperately want to see live it's Tinnitus (돌멩이가 되고 싶어 (Wanna Be A Rock)). I love everything about this song and have done since my first listen. Their vocals fit the tempo perfectly. I definitely think this is a favourite amongst the MOA's.
Tinnitus (돌멩이가 되고 싶어 (Wanna Be A Rock))

I absolutely adore 네버랜드를 떠나며 (Farewell, Neverland), their voices in this song are just stunning, I could listen to it all day.
네버랜드를 떠나며 (Farewell, Neverland)

With each album Tomorrow X Together sail to new heights and get better with each album, for now this is by far my favourite release from them, but that could soon change when they release their next album.
They're currently on tour again and I can only hope that the UK is one of their stops.

Were you a fan of The Name Chapter: TEMPTATION?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Sugar Rush Ride as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment