Monday 16 August 2021

Tomorrow X Together - The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE is Tomorrow X Together's 2nd full length album, this album marks the beginning of a new series of albums, following the gradual and progressive successes of their The Dream Chapter trilogy.

On the 30th of April 2021, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 11th of May 2021, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE Trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 16th of May 2021, the Concept Photo: WORLD images were released.





On the 18th of May 2021, the Concept Photo: BOY images were released.





On the 20th of May 2021, the Concept Photo: YOU images were released.



On the 25th of May 2021, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE Track List was released.
On the 26th of May 2021, The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE Preview was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 29th of May 2021, the 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori M/V Teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 30th of May 2021, the 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori M/V Teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Big Hit Labels
On the 31st of May 2021, the M/V for 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd full album The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE.
A few days later on the the 4th of June 2021, the 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori M/V (Choreography Ver.) was released.
Owned by Big Hit Labels
On the 6th of June 2021, 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 9th of June 2021, the Magic M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Bit Hit Music
On the 11th of June 2021, the Magic M/V was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 20th of June 2021, the Magic Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music
On the 4th of July 2021, the 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. pH-1, Woodie, Gochild, Seori Lyric Video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Music

On the 5th of May 2021, album distributer YG Plus announced that pre-orders for the album had surpassed 520,000 copies, breaking Tomorrow X Together's previous record of 400,000 pre-orders for Minisode 1: Blue Hour.
On the 31st of May 2021, the day of the albums release, it was announced that the album had surpassed 700,000 pre-orders.
The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE topped South Korea's Gaon Albums Chart for the period of May 30 - June 5, selling over 630,000 copies in it's first week and giving Tomorrow X Together their fourth consecutive domestic number 1.

0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori won Tomorrow X Together 4 music show trophies, winning on The Show, Show Champion, M Countdown and Music Bank.

Soobin co-wrote on the lyrics for 소악행 (Ice Cream).
Yeonjun, Taehyun and Beomgyu co-wrote on the lyrics for 밸런스 게임 (What If I Had Been That Puma).
Yeonjun, Huening Kai, Beomgyu and Taehyun co-wrote on the lyrics for No Rules.
Huening Kai and Taehyun co-wrote on the lyrics for 디어 스푸트니크 (Dear Sputnik).
Yeonjun co-wrote on the lyrics for Frost.

The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.1 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.19 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.5 on the Billboard 200 Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 784,394+
Oricon Sales = 92,801+
US Sales = 86,000+
Giving the album so far a total of 963,195+ in physical sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori has so far gained 37,399,605 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE was released in 3 versions: WORLD, BOY & YOU.
All 3 versions are set out in a clear case and come with the Cd, photo book, lyric book, poster, sticker pack, behind book, random postcard, random OS (Original Story) photo card and a random photo card.
The photo books for all 3 versions are completely different, and follow the concept photo's released for the teaser images.

Track List:
Anti-Romantic
0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori
Magic
소악행 (Ice Cream)
밸런스 게임 (What If I Had Been That Puma)
No Rules
디어 스푸트니크 (Dear Sputnik)
Frost



























































I have the WORLD version of the album, while the packaging can be a little frustrating when trying to get everything back in, it's still really pretty. I love the photo book, it's definitely my favourite of the 3, I love the colours used and they all look rather princely, as well as looking like fallen angels. I love how the styling, setting and colours used give off a cold feeling, like they're lost and need to be found. It definitely works with the albums concept, it really gives off a darker and more mature concept, compared to their past albums, that have always shown off a warm and vibrant atmosphere.
The album itself is amazing and I think if I'm being completely honest, it's knocked The Dream Chapter: ETERNITY, off the top spot for my favourite Tomorrow X Together album, I think overall this album gives off a mature vibe and allows the members to showcase not only more mature sounding tracks but also mature sounding vocals that just knock these songs out of the park.

All of Tomorrow X Together's opening album tracks have all be upbeat and fast paced, it's nice that with Anti-Romantic, we get to see a more chilled out song to start the album with, which I think really sets the tone for the album.
Anti-Romantic

While 세계가 불타버린 밤, 우린... (Can't You See Me?) holds a special place as being my favourite title track, there's something about 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori, that makes me feel insanely nostalgic. I love the melody and I love the rocky husky tones both Taehyun and Huening Kai use in this song, it's a totally different sound especially for Taehyun, which made me fall in love with his vocals even more. Seori is the perfect for for this track, the sweetness in her voice fits perfect with the TXT members.
0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori

I remember seeing Olly Murs being credited on Magic, and finding it scary how my music tastes from my younger years was colliding with my current K-pop obsessions, I never imagined the track we would be getting would be English. I love the melody of the track, and I was in love with it from the very first listen. It might seem a little cliche but this song actually sounds magical just like it's name, it never fails in raising my mood and making the day feel brighter
Magic

MTV
I love the build up to the chorus for 소악행 (Ice Cream), I just love both Yeonjun's and Soobin's voices in this section, and I can't help thinking that this track is perfect for Huening Kai's vocal tones, you can hear how perfect is voice sounds against the melody.
소악행 (Ice Cream)

The only thing I'm not a fan of with 밸런스 게임 (What If I Had Been That Puma) is the amount of auto tune effects used on their voices, for me I don't think it's needed, but other than that I love this track. This track is also more chilled out then I was expecting, I was expecting a track with a similar vibe and feel to it to that of 동물원을 빠져나온 퓨마 (PUMA).
밸런스 게임 (What If I Had Been That Puma)

I absolutely love No Rules, I love the melody throughout the track, but I especially love the chorus, their vocals on the melody is just (chef's kiss) perfect. I love how they can make a track that fits their past albums perfectly sound so much more mature than they have been in the past. This song never fails to make me smile and my foot and head bop along as soon as the track starts.
No Rules

디어 스푸트니크 (Dear Sputnik) is definitely one of my favourite tracks on the album, I love how the track changes up between the verses and he chorus'. I love Taehyun's voice in the chorus, I've always thought Taehyun and Yeonjun have really distinctive voices but I really think this is Taehyun's era (and Huening Kai's), I'm loving hearing him sing with a more husky and growly voice. I just know that when TXT can have offline concerts again, this track is going to the b-side track that gets everyone moving.
디어 스푸트니크 (Dear Sputnik)

I have to admit that Frost is definitely my overall favourite b-side track from Tomorrow X Together and one of my favourite's from this album. The chorus is fire and really make my point that this is Taehyun and Huening Kai's era, tracks like this normally remind me of why Yeonjun is my bias, but Taehyun and Huening Kai really went hyung, it's our time. I love the melody and beat for this track, the raps and vocals just make it perfect.
Frost

Tomorrow X Together make their comeback tomorrow with their repackaged album, and I can't wait to be able to sit and listen to their 3 new tracks in whole and see how they fit with the rest of the tracks.
The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE is definitely my favourite TXT album, as well as one of my favourite album's for 2021, and I hope we get to see more of their mature side in future releases, while also still getting their cute and vibrant side, fingers crossed we've now reached their turning point and sees them get more recognition and success, and allows them to step away from BTS' shadow and allows others to see how unique and talented they are.

Were you a fan of The Chaos Chapter: FREEZE?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on 0X1=LOVESONG (I Know I Love You) Feat. Seori as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.
See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
TO

No comments:

Post a Comment