Monday 14 November 2022

Girls Generation - Forever 1

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Forever 1 is Girls Generation's 7th full length album.
On the 17th may 2022, SM Entertainment announced that Girls Generation would be releasing an album in August, to celebrate their 15th anniversary, their 1st release as a group in 5 years.

On the 27th of July 2022, the first set of Mr. Taxi Teaser Images were released.












On the 28th of July 2022, the 2nd set of Mr. Taxi Teaser Images were released.










On the 29th of July 2022, the 3rd and final set of Mr. Taxi Teaser Images were released.






On the 30th of July 2022, the Forever 1 Mood Sampler was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 31st of July 2022, the first set of Cosmic Festa Teaser Images were released.









On the 1st of August 2022, the 2nd set of Cosmic Festa Teaser Images were released.








On the 2nd of August 2022, the 3rd set of Cosmic Festa Teaser Images were released.





On the 3rd of August 2022, the final Cosmic Festa Teaser Images were released.

On the 4th of August 2022, the Forever 1 M/V Teaser 01 was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 5th of August 2022, the Forever 1 M/V Teaser 02 was released, along with the first Forever 1 Teaser Image, as well as the release of the M/V and the digital release of their 7th full album of the same name.
Owned by SM Entertainment

Owned by SM Entertainment
On the 6th of August 2022, the first set of Forever 1 Images were released.

On the 7th of August 2022, the final set of Forever 1 Images were released.

On the 8th of August 2022, the Forever 1 album was physically released.

On the 5th of August 2022, on both YouTube and TikTok, Girls Generation held a live event called "Girls Generation Forever 1 Countdown Live", to introduce the album and to commemorate their 15th anniversary with their fans.

Sooyoung and Tiffany co-wrote on the lyrics for Seventeen.
Sooyoung and Tiffany wrote the lyrics for Villain, with Tiffany also co-composing on the track.

Forever 1 peaked at No.2 on the Circle Albums Chart, No.9 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.28 on the UK Digital Albums Chart and No.16 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart.
Circle Sales = 288,567+
Oricon Sales = 12,033+
Giving the album a total of 300,600+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Forever 1 has so far gained 49,057,158 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Forever 1 was released in 2 versions: Standard and Deluxe.
The Standard version is set out like a paperback book case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random postcard, random folded poster and a random photo card.
The Deluxe version is set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyrics paper, sticker sheet, random ticket, random invitation card, a group photo card and a random photo card.
Photo books for both versions are different.

Track List:
Forever 1
Lucky Like That
Seventeen
Villain
You Better Run
Closer
Mood Lamp
완벽한 장면 (Summer Night)
Freedom
종이비행기 (Paper Plane)

Standard Version


















































Deluxe Version




























































As you can see and not surprisingly, I have both versions of the album, I love the layout for both versions, and I especially love the photo books for both versions, especially for the Deluxe version. The pictures, styling and colours are just stunning.
I mentioned above that there is a group photo card, which because I have mine in my phone case at the back of my phone, I forgot to take a picture.
The album itself for me, is well worth the 5 year wait, each track is catchy and embodies Girls Generation, what I love about Girls Generation is that they kept their sound and style pretty much the same throughout their career, following their own musical route rather than going with what is popular at the time, and this album is no different.

What's not to love about Forever 1, no matter how many times I listen to this song, it gives me goosebumps. I love how they included the music for Into the New World in the bridge, it connects their beginnings, especially after being away for 5 years. I love the line distribution, it's definitely one of my favourites. I will also admit that when I watched the M/V for the first time, I cried.
Forever 1

I love the melody and vocalization for Lucky Like That, for me throughout the song they all have their moment to shine, and I think it's a song that shows how they've all grown vocally. Also the melody is stunning, it's a song that always gets me singing along.
Lucky Like That

Seohyun's vocals at the start of Seventeen are stunning, and each of the members vocals fit the melody perfect. I love the contrast between the vocals and the raps, I love when we get to hear Hyoyeon rap. Out of all the tracks on this album, this gives me b-side nostalgic.
Seventeen

I've been in love with Villain since they teased it on their live countdown, I have to say it's definitely my favourite b-side on this album and it's still a track I listen to a lot. I love Yoona's rap, it's definitely one of the highlights for this track for me. I think I can honestly say too that this is overall my favourite GG b-side.
Villain

I can remember being conflicted when I first heard You Better Run, I didn't know if I liked the vocal to rap section in the verses, but the more I listened the more I fell in love with the song. I love how they said it was a continuation of Run Devil Run. For me this track reminds me of their I Got A Boy album, as I think it's a style that would have fit perfectly on that album.
You Better Run

Closer makes me think of their Lion Heart album, and this is one of the tracks that always gets me singing along to the chorus. I love all their vocals, they fit perfectly with the melody, and I love that we get Hyoyeon rapping again. Overall this track for all their vocal tones.
Closer

I love the melody and chorus for Mood Lamp, it's such a calming and relaxing song. Also again their harmonization is stunning.
Mood Lamp

For me 완벽한 장면 (Summer Night) has a similar vibe to Mood Lamp, the tempo is just increased a little. The style of this song also reminds me of something that would be on TTS' Dear Santa album, it has a slight wintery and christmassy feel to it.
완벽한 장면 (Summer Night)

I love Freedom, it's one of those songs that when I see the title, the chorus comes straight to mind. I love that they all stand out and that no-one outshines the rest. I love the melody for this track, it's perfect for all of their vocals.
Freedom

The melody for 종이비행기 (Paper Plane) is perfect, as is the track itself, it's another of my favourite tracks from this album. For me this song is not long enough, it ends way too quickly. For me, vocally, this is my favourite track, I feel that you can hear their emotion and sincerity in this song. It never fails at making me feel emotional.
종이비행기 (Paper Plane)

From start to finish, for me, this album is worth the 5 year wait, I don't think we would have gotten an album or title track as meaningful, if we hadn't waited this long for a group comeback. It showed me that no matter how many more groups I get into, my love for K-pop begins and ends with Girls Generation, they are the group that introduced to that world. While I know they are one of the groups that I'll never be able to witness live, I can only hope that one day, I will.

Were you a fan of Forever 1?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Forever 1 as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
GIRLS' GE

No comments:

Post a Comment