Monday 8 August 2022

MONSTA X - The Dreaming

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Dreaming is MOSNTA X's 2nd full length English album.
On the 10th of September 2021, the M/V for single One Day was released.
Owned by Starship Entertainment & Epic Records
On the 21st of October 2021, their 2nd full length English album The Dreaming was announced.
On the 10th of December 2021, the M/V for You Problem was released, along with the physical and digital release of The Dreaming.
Owned by Starship Entertainment & Epic Records

The Dreaming debuted at Number 21 on the Billboard 200 chart with 34,100 album-equivalent units, including 29,500 pure album sales on it's first week. It is MONSTA X's 2nd entry on the chart, it also succeeded in charting on the chart for 2 weeks in a row.

The Dreaming peaked at No.64 on the Official UK Albums Chart and No.21 on the Billboard 200 Chart.
US Sales = 29,500+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post
The M/V for One Day has so far gained 12,505,546 million views, with the views still continuing to increase, and the M/V for You Problem has gained 5,967,179 million views, with the views also still continuing to increase.

The Dreaming was released with 11 versions: 4 Deluxe Editions, 1 Standard Edition and 6 Member Editions.
The Deluxe Editions are set as a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, lyric booklet, sticker sheet, poster and 2 photo cards.
The Standard Edition is set out like a jewel case and comes with the Cd, booklet, poster and photo card.
The Member Editions are set out like a jewel case and come with the Cd, booklet, member poster and a photo card.
All the photo books are the same depending on the versions.

Track List:
One Day
You Problem
Tied To Your Body
Whispers In The Dark
Blame Me
Secrets
About Last Night
Better
Blow Your Mind
The Dreaming









  



































I have version 3 of the Deluxe Edition and I picked it based on the fact that I love the album cover. I love the photo book, the pictures are stunning and I love that the colour layout fits throughout the albums concept and layout.
I've come to love that MONSTA X shows of a different vibe and sound when it comes to their English releases, they tend to go for a more westernised sound compared to their iconic and unique Korean sound. I definitely like this album compared to their 1st English album, none of the songs on this album left me feeling a little uncomfortable. I love that this album while still have a sexy sound, it has a totally different sound and vibe from the first album.

I love One Day not only as the 1st single to be released, but also as the opener to the album as it's so chilled and the melody is bright and stunning. Their vocals are stunning against the melody.
One Day

I was in love with You Problem from the first listen, I always find myself singing along to this song whenever it plays. It's also one of those songs that never fails to make me dance along, it's so catchy.
You Problem

If any song was going to give off a western sound it's Tied To Your Body, the lyrics and the melody make me think of something that I'd hear playing on the radio. It gives me vibes of something Ed Sheeran would release.
Tied To Your Body

Whispers In The Dark is one of my favourite songs from this album, I love the melody and the vocals and I couldn't imagine anyone other than MONSTA X singing this track. It's such a stunning track. Whenever I listen to this track it takes me right back to being in the cinema watching their The Dreaming movie.
Whispers In The Dark

Blame Me is another track I could totally hear being played on the radio stations, I love the melody and their vocal tones fit perfectly. I think this could be a perfect song to introduce non-Kpop fans to not only MONSTA X but ease them into the K-pop world.
Blame Me

I love Secrets, I think if I'd come across this song without knowing who MONSTA X were, it would have made me a fan. I love the melody and their vocals, it's another of my favourites from this album.
Secrets

I love the melody for About Last Night, parts of it remind me of another song but I can't quite remember what it is. This track never fails to get me dancing along and it's a shame it's not had any radio play as I think it would have many fans.
About Last Night

Better is one of those tracks that your foot automatically taps to and I don't think that I'll ever get over Hyungwon swearing. This song those is perfect for them all, especially I.M, Hyungwon and Minhyuk. I love their voices against the melody.
Better

Blow Your Mind gives me Justin Timberlake vibes, I'd love to hear MONSTA X release more songs like this, it suits and fits them perfectly.
Blow Your Mind

I have to say that The Dreaming is my main favourite track from this album, I love the melody, the vocals and the lyrics, this song is just stunning and full of emotional.
The Dreaming

I love that throughout this album there seems to be a retro vibe and I loved that they continued in the same direction as their first full English album, in that they focus more on vocals, than their usual MONSTA X style and vibe.

Were you a fan of The Dreaming?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were your thoughts on One Day and You Problem being released as singles?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment