Monday 6 June 2022

B.A.P - Warrior

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's been nearly 3 years since I made a post about B.A.P as a whole group, I've found it extremely difficult to get my hands on their earlier releases as they're out of print, but thanks to good old eBay, I've been able to get my hands on some of their earlier releases, like their debut single album Warrior.

On the 29th of December 2011, the B.A.P Debut Teaser was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
On the 19th of January 2012, the Warrior M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by TS Entertainment
 On the 26th of January 2012, the M/V for Warrior was released, along with the digital release of B.A.P's debut single album of the same name.
Owned by TS Entertainment
1theK (원더케이)On the 2nd of February 2012, the Warrior single album was released physically.
On the 27th of January 2012, B.A.P held a debut showcase in Seoul, where they performed all the tracks on the album, also on the 27th, they began their music show promotions for both the album and the title track.

Warrior sold 10,000 copies in just 2 days upon it's release, as of March 2012, the album had sold 21,821 copies in South Korea alone.

Bang Yongguk co-wrote on the lyrics for Burn It Up (Intro), Unbreakable, 비밀연애 (Secret Love) and title track Warrior.

Warrior peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.10 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 42,261+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
While searching for Warrior, the M/V only appears on the 1theK channel, the M/V for Warrior has so far gained 2,341,377 million views, and the views still continue to increase.

Warrior is set out in a rectangular hardback book style case and comes with the Cd and photo book.

Track List:
Burn It Up (Intro)
Warrior
Unbreakable
비밀연애 (Secret Love) Feat. Song Ji Eun of Secret
































One thing I loved about B.A.P's debut, is that they all debuted with bleached blonde hair as they wanted to debut as a team, they didn't want just one member to stand out, they wanted their group to stand out as a whole, and that's what happened. B.A.P definitely made an impact on their debut because they were doing something that wasn't seen often on the K-pop scene, which made everyone pay attention.
The album's layout is pretty simple, as is the photo book, something I think continues on their mission that they are B.A.P and they are a team.
The album itself is amazing, each track showcases the talent that B.A.P has, and it showed their potential to becoming an amazing and powerful group in the future.

I love Burn It Up (Intro), I think it's the perfect intro for the album and for B.A.P, it introduces the members perfectly and you can hear straight away what their roles in the group will be.
Burn It Up (Intro)

Warrior to this day is still one of my favourite debut tracks, it's one of those songs that has stood the test of time and has aged extremely well. Whenever I listen to this track it's still hard to believe that Zelo was still just 15 (Skye's age right now) and his rap is flawless, both Zelo and Bang Yongguk still remain to be some of my favourite rappers in the K-pop scene. I just love everything about this song, from the melody, to the vocals, to the raps. It definitely is a perfect debut.
Warrior

Just from the first listen of Unbreakable you know B.A.P are a group that are setting standards for their time, just to compare debut's, B.A.P debuted the same year as EXO and VIXX, two groups that I also follow and adore and you can hear how different their sounds are on their debut releases. If it hadn't have been for their company, B.A.P would have been just as big if not bigger than EXO.
Unbreakable

I love 비밀연애 (Secret Love) Feat. Song Ji Eun of Secret, the melody is perfect and I love how Song Ji Eun's vocals fit perfectly with the melody and the rest of the B.A.P members. I also love that they close their debut release with a slower track as for me it really highlights that all the members are talented no matter the tempo.
비밀연애 (Secret Love) Feat. Song Ji Eun of Secret

B.A.P's debut will always stand the test of time, I think even now many people think it's one of the best and most impactful debut's in K-pop history. The last time I posted about B.A.P I gave an update on each of the members, so let's update you again. Bang Yongguk and Dae Hyun have both completed their military service, Bang Yongguk has recently released his 2nd solo album, Jongup finally made his solo debut in 2020, Youngjae has been doing more acting, which I've read he's one of the leads in a BL drama called Chun Jeong Ji Ran. Finally Himchan was found guilty and admitted to all charges of the legal issues that he was facing, leading him to get a prison sentence of 10 months (way too short for what he's done), and I've read another investigation has begun as a new allegation has come forward.
One thing I will not do is let him taint the hard work that the rest of the B.A.P members have done and I hope they won't allow him to do so either, I've purposely not written what he's done as not to trigger anything that possibly any readers have gone through.

I hope one day that we can see the 5 members of B.A.P come back together and release an album, as I've noticed no matter what they're doing they always remember where they started and I love when they post things together, it shows they will always have that bond together.

Were you a fan of B.A.P's debut?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on Warrior as their debut track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment