Wednesday 27 April 2022

Strawberry Cheesecake

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


It's time to share with you a Cheesecake I baked a while back for my sister as her dessert for Christmas, while I haven't baked it since, I definitely want to give it another go so that this time I can give it a taste and enjoy it.

Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
150g Butter, melted (plus extra to grease tin)
300g Digestive biscuits
650g Soft cheese
175g Icing sugar
300ml Double cream
1 Vanilla pod
1 tsp Vanilla extract (2 tsp if not using a vanilla pod)
200g Strawberries, hulled and diced

Topping:
250g Strawberry's, hulled and quartered, 150g halved
50g Caster sugar
1 tsp Cornflour

Start off by lightly buttering your cake/flan/pie tin and line the bottom with baking parchment.

Crush your biscuits, I use my Nutribullet to do this to get a fine crumb for my base, nut you can also use a food processor or even a good old rolling pin. Then melt your butter and mix into the biscuits to make your base.
Then spread out and press into your tin and put it into the fridge to set.

Next put your soft cheese into a bowl and use an electric whisk to whisk until fluffy.

Add the icing sugar and gently whisk until smooth.

Pour the cream into a separate bowl, add the vanilla pod seeds and extract, and whisk to very soft peaks.

Gently fold the cream and diced strawberries into the soft cheese mixture.


Spoon the filling onto the biscuit base and spread until even and smooth. Then pop it into the fridge for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.

To make the topping, put the 100g of quartered strawberries into a small pan with the caster sugar and a splash of water, and cook over a low-medium heat for 8-10 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved and the strawberries have softened.

Next gently mash the strawberries in the pan to break them down, then press them through a sieve into another bowl and pour the juice back into the pan.

Next add the cornflour and stir constantly on a low heat until the sauce is thickened and smooth. Let cool.

Once the cheesecake has set,  remove from the fridge, remove from the tin and transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. The pour over the strawberry sauce, then top with the remaining halved strawberries and serve.

While I can't make comment on the flavour of the cheesecake itself as I wasn't the one eating it, what I did try while making it was really nice.
This was really easy to make, I've never made a sauce before and I was expecting it to be time consuming and a lot harder, but I was pleasantly surprised by how easy and simple it was.
I'd definitely recommend making this cheesecake if you're wanting a good strawberry cheesecake to make for any occasion.

If you would like to check out the original recipe, then head over to Olive Magazine's Strawberry Cheesecake recipe page.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment