Monday 4 April 2022

KINGDOM - History of Kingdom: Part II. Chiwoo

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I'm back with another post about one of my favourite rookies of 2021, KINGDOM and this time, I will be sharing with you their 2nd mini album and the 2nd instalment in their History of Kingdome series; History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo.
On the 31st of May 2021, the Gate Open D-30 teaser images was released.
On the 3rd of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 1 was released.
On the 4th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 2 was released.
On the 5th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 3 was released.
On the 6th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 4 was released.
On the 7th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 5 was released.
On the 8th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Silhouette 6 was released.
On the 9th of June 2021, the Concept Photo Open (Midnight Ver.) was released.
On the 10th of June 2021, the Dusk Group Concept Photo was released.
On the 15th of June 2021, the KARMA M/V Teaser 1 (Dawn Ver.) released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 16th of June 2021, the 1st set of individual Concept Photo's were released for Mujin, Jahan, Louis and Dann.

On the 17th of June 2021, the 2nd set of Concept Photo's were released for Arthur, Ivan and Chiwoo.

On the 19th of June 2021, the 3rd set of Concept Photo's were released for Mujin, Jahan, Louis and Dann.

On the 20th of June 2021, the 4th set of Concept Photo's were released for Arthur, Ivan and Chiwoo.

On the 22nd 2021, the KARMA M/V Teaser (Dusk Ver.) was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
KINGDOM (킹덤)
On the 24th of June 2021, the Dawn Group Concept Photo was released.
On the 27th of June 2021, the History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo Track List was released.
On the 28th of June 2021, the History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 29th of June 2021, the 3rd and final KARMA M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 1st of July 2021, the M/V for KARMA was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 7th of July 2021, the KARMA Performance Video was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 21st of August 2021, the KARMA Dance Practice (Member Only Ver.) was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment
On the 22nd of August 2021, the KARMA Dance Practice (Fanchant Event Ver.) was released.
Owned by GF Entertainment

Both Mujin and Dann co-wrote the lyrics for Warning together, they also co-wrote on the lyrics for Make Us.

History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo peaked at No15 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 11,376+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Karma has so far gained 1,528,841 million views, with the M/V gaining views as they gain more interest from new fans.

History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo was released in 2 versions: Dawn and Dusk.
Both versions are set out in a box slipcase and come with the Cd, photo book, folded screen, photo postcard, random photo card and a random message card.
Both the photo books are different, as are the versions, with the Dawn version being blue and the Dusk version being red.

Track List:
Intro: Echoes of Nirvana
KARMA
Eternity
Magical
Warning
Make Us
Karma (Instrumental)

Dawn Version





































Dusk Version






































I love the colours used for the versions of the albums, especially the blue, it's such a stunning colour. I also love the photo books, the styling and concept for both are stunning and breath taking.
The album itself is just as amazing as their debut, each track is different and shows a different side to the group, allowing them to continue to grow and show everyone how versatile they are.

I love how Intro: Echoes of Nirvana fits with the albums concept and connect to the title track, I love that they kept the Chinese feel. The Music is just stunning and makes me think of the period dramas.
Intro: Echoes of Nirvana

I love the melody for Karma, for me it sounds really regal. I love the changes throughout the track and I especially love the chorus. There just something about this track, that makes it stunning. I love the blend between the vocals and the raps, it all fits together perfectly.
Karma

When I first heard the start of Eternity, I got chills, I absolutely love this song, while I love KINGDOM's title tracks, for me they really shine in their b-sides, and the melody and vocals on this song are amazing. Whenever I hear this song, which is a lot as it appears quite a lot on my Daily Mix 1 on Spotify, I always forget that it's KINGDOM. And no matter how many times I hear this track, I always find myself singing along.
Eternity

I knew from the highlight medley that I would love Magical, and I wasn't wrong, I love the melody and the chorus. It's definitely one of my favourite tracks from this album and when I hear it always makes me think of KINGDOM.
Magical

I don't know why but Warning always reminds me of a different song, which I think shows how versatile they are, their vocals really fit with any concept.
Warning

Another of my favourite tracks on this album is Make us, I love the melody and I especially love the chorus, the high notes are spot on. You feel and believe everything they sing and even without being a fan or a KINGMAKER you know that this song is for their fans. This is one of those songs that never fails to make me sing along.
Make Us

No matter what KINGDOM do it's always aesthetically pleasing, they never fail to blow me away and leave me in awe. They've recently just released their 4th mini album and I wasn't disappointed. It's sad to think we have 3 more album left in their History of Kingdom series, but I'm also excited to see what they bring after this album series is completed. With each albums release they seal their fate as being one of my favourite rookies.

Were you a fan of History of Kingdom: Part 2. Chiwoo?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on Karma as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment