Monday 9 August 2021

THE BOYZ - Chase

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


Chase is THE BOYZ' 5th mini album.
On the 17th of August 2020, it was confirmed that THE BOYZ would be making their first comeback since winning Road to Kingdom.
On the 7th of September 2020, the 1st set of teaser images were released.





On the 9th of September 2020, the Breaking News Video was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 10th of September 2020, the 2nd set of teaser images were released.

















On the 12th of September 2020, the 3rd set of teaser images were released.











On the 14th of September 2020, The Stealers' Tricks Video was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 15th of September 2020, the 4th and final set of teaser images were released.





On the 16th of September 2020, the Chase Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 18th of September 2020, The Stealer M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 21st of September 2020, the M/V was released for The Stealer, along with the physical and digital release of their 5th mini album Chase.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 2nd of October 2020, The Stealer Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 7th of October 2020, The Stealer (Performance Ver.) M/V was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 18th of October 2020, The Stealer Dance Practice Video (Chase Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 20th of October 2020, The Stealer Dance Practice Video (Stealer Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 30th of October 2020, The Stealer Dance Practice Video (Trick Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment

The Stealer won THE BOYZ a total of 4 music show trophies, taking 1st place once on The Show, twice on M Countdown and once Show Champion.

Sunwoo co-wrote on Checkmate (Stage Ver.), Make or Break and their title track The Stealer.

Chase peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.21 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 367,708+
Oricon Sales = 2,783+
Giving the album a total of 370,491+ in physical sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for The Stealer has so far gained 26,156,010 million views through THE BOYZ official channel, while the M/V has gained 7,324,724 million views, giving the M/V so far a combined view count of 33,480,734 million, with the views increasing on a daily basis.

Chase was released in 3 versions: Chase, Stealer & Trick.
All 3 versions are set out as a paperback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, random cover, random postcard, random ticket photo card, random lenticular card and 2 random photo cards.
The Chase Ver. is Gold, the Stealer Ver. is Black and the Trick Ver. is White
The photo books for all 3 versions are different.

Track List:
Shine Shine
The Stealer
Insanity
Whiplash
Make or Break
Checkmate (Stage Ver.)

Chase Ver.











































Trick Ver.








































I love the layout for this album, and I absolutely love the photo books, they remind me of the high end fashion magazines.
The album itself is amazing, with each track being different from the previous one, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite THE BOYZ albums.

What I love about Shine Shine is that for me it's a new sound for them, which shows that they're willing to try new sounds and vibes in their music, when I first heard the melody I thought it was odd, but the more I listened to it the more I loved how unique it sounds.
Shine Shine

I absolutely love The Stealer, it's definitely up there as one of my favourite THE BOYZ title tracks, I love the melody, the vocals and the raps, everyone for me shines equally. For me this track is one of their more mature sounding tracks.
The Stealer

I love the vibe of Insanity, I love how they sometimes sing with the melody of the track, like at the start of the track, and the chorus is just perfection. I absolutely love how they sing this track.
Insanity

My favourite b-side track from this album has to be Whiplash, I love the melody and I love their vocals. For me this song is right up there with Complete Me as one of my favourite overall THE BOYZ songs. I love the chorus it's just so upbeat, which is what pulled me into loving this song from the first listen.
Whiplash

I love how upbeat Make or Break is, it's one of those songs where you can't help but move along with the beat.
Make or Break
Blazing Phoenix

As I said at the beginning of this blog post, this mini album was released after THE BOYZ won the show Road to Kingdom, which the winning group would then progress to the main competition Kingdom: Legendary War. Checkmate (Stage Ver.) was THE BOYZ's original track for the final, and I cannot hear this track without thinking of their performance and choreography for this track. I love this song and every time I hear it, it reminds me of how far THE BOYZ have come and how they continue to keep rising.
Checkmate (Stage Ver.)
Checkmate (Road to Kingdom Performance)

Today THE BOYZ have made their first comeback since taking part (and coming in 2nd place) on Kingdom: Legendary War, yet again they did amazing during the competition, they blew me away with their Kingdom version of No Air, and yet again with their newest comeback their proving that they ain't here to play.
THE BOYZ have definitely become one of those groups that I look forward to each comeback because each return is better than the last.

Were you a fan of Chase?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you get?
What were your thoughts on The Stealer as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment