Monday 21 June 2021

Dreamcatcher - Dystopia: Road to Utopia

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


Dystopia: Road to Utopia is Dreamcatcher's 6th mini album and is the 3rd instalment in their Dystopia series.
On the 8th of January 2021, the Mystery Code #01 image was released, the Mystery Code image #02 was released the very next day, on the 9th.
On the 12th of January 2021, the Individual Teaser Images #1 were released.





On the 13th of January 2021, the Individual teaser Images #2 were released.




On the 14th of January 2021, the Individual Teaser Images #3 were released.






On the 15th of January 2021, the Group Teaser Images were released.


On the 20th of January 2021, the Odd Eye M/V Teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 21st on January 2021, the Dystopia: Road to Utopia Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 22nd of January 2021, the Odd Eye Dance Preview was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 25th of January 2021, the Odd Eye M/V Teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 26th January 2021, the Odd Eye M/V was released along with the physical and digital release of their 6th mini album Dystopia: Road to Utopia.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 1st of February 2021, the Odd Eye Dance Video (Practice Room Ver.) was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 2nd of February 2021, the Odd Eye Dance Dance Video (M/V Ver.) was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 20th of February 2021, the 바람아 (Wind Blows) Dance Video (Practice Room Ver.) was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company
On the 10th of March 2021, the Odd Eye Dance Video (Dystopia Ver.) was released.
Owned by Dreamcatcher Company

On the 30th of January 2021, the Dreamcatcher Company revealed that Dystopia: Road to Utopia had sold more than 60,000 copies in just 3 days, and the sales on the day of release had surpassed the first week of their previous mini album Dystopia: Lose Myself.
The album debuted at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, making it the first album of theirs to reach the number one position.
In it's first month, the album surpassed 90,000 copies sold.

Jiu co-wrote and co-composed on 4 Memory.
Dami co-wrote and co-composed on 시간의 틈 (New Days)

Dystopia: Road to Utopia peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 126,614+ physical copies sold so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Odd Eye has so far gained 38,823,796 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

Dystopia: Road to Utopia was released in 4 versions: D, A, R, K.
All 4 versions are set out in a fold out case, like their 1st full length album Dystopia: The Tree of Language. The A, R & K versions come with the Cd, photo book, a frame card and 3 random photo cards.
The limited edition D version comes with the Cd, photo book, random cover-up card, DIY Dreamcatcher kit and 3 random photo cards.
The photo books for all 4 versions are different.

Track List:
Intro
Odd Eye
바람아 (Wind Blows)
Poison Love
4 Memory
시간의 틈 (New Days)
Odd Eye (Inst.)


































I'm not a big fan of the packaging for the Dystopia series, but thankfully the photo book and the album itself make up for that, I will give it to them though for sticking to one album layout for each of their series' though.
I have the A Version and I don't think the camera on my phone does the photo book justice, the colours are really pretty and I love the over-exposure on the photo's, I love the styling for this version too, especially for the 2nd part of the photo book, I especially love Siyeon's styling she seems to have a Hollywood glam look and it really suits her.
The songs on the album are amazing as expected from Dreamcatcher, yet again it shows how versatile they are, and like always each track is different from the last and the album as a whole blew me away yet again.

I love that Dreamcatcher's albums always have an Intro and Road to Utopia is no different.
Intro

I love all the transitions in Odd Eye, I love that while trying to show a new side to themselves they still keep their signature Dreamcatcher sound. I love the melody and I absolutely adore the vocals, just from the start of the track you know it's going to have an impact.
Odd Eye

바람아 (Wind Blows) is a track I'd expect to be on Dreamcatcher's album and it gives me slight anime vibes, it sounds such an upbeat song that you can't help but fall in love with it.
바람아 (Wind Blows)

Dreamcatcher's albums always have that one song that as soon as I hear it I fall in love with it, and Poison Love is that song for me, I just can't get enough of this song. I love the melody, the vocals, the rap and especially the chorus.
Poison Love

What I love about Dreamcatcher is that they're the girl group with the rock sound, but not everyone knows how versatile they actually are and 4 memory shows that there is more than meets the eye. I love the melody for this track, this track to me also sounds so uplifting.
4 Memory

시간의 틈 (New Days) gives me strong anime vibes all throughout the song and it's another track that I fell in love with on first listen it reminds me of their song Over the Sky, the vocals from start to finish are amazing and shows me all over again why I love and adore this group as much as I do.
시간의 틈 (New Days)

I love that they always include an instrumental of their title tracks as it shows that even without their vocals the track is amazing, adding their vocals gives the track so much more power and allows it to pack a punch.
Odd Eye Inst.

With this album we finally saw the return of Handong, she was definitely missed from their past 2 releases and I'm glad she's finally back and Dreamcatcher are a complete team again, I'm always excited for their return, and I can only hope that they finally get their 1st music show win.

Are you a fan of Dystopia: Road to Utopia?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) do you have?
What were your thoughts on Odd Eye as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment