Monday 24 May 2021

THE BOYZ - The Only

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


The Only is THE BOYZ' 3rd mini album, and on the 18th of November 2019, the Mini Album [The Only] Film was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2018, the No Air ASMR Moving Film - Breathe Out was released along with, No Air ASMR Moving Film - Breathless and No Air ASMR Moving Film - Breathe In.
Breathe Out
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 22nd of November 2018, The Only Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 25th of November 2018, the No Air M/V Teaser was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 29th of November 2018, the No Air M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album The Only.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 3rd of December 2018, the No Air Dance Practice Video was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 24th of December 2018, the No Air Choreography Video (Christmas Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment

Sunwoo co-wrote on the lyrics for 36.5° (Melting Heart) and the title track No Air.
Sunwoo also co-wrote on the raps on tracks Only One and 자각몽 (Lucid Dream).

The Only peaked at No.3 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.39 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 133,310+
Oricon Sales = 4,755+
Giving The Only a total of 138,065+ in sales
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for No Air has so far gained 3,263,057 million views through their official YouTube channel, while through the 1theK YouTube channel the M/V has gained 28,729,024 million views, giving the M/V so far a combined view count of 31,992,081 million, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The Only was released in 3 versions: In The Air, No Air and Off Air.
All 3 versions are set out in a box case and come with the Cd, photo book, golden ticket, polaroid, sticker sheet, calendar & frame, random photo card and random film frame.

Track List:
Breath to Breath
No Air
Only ONE
자각몽 (Lucid Dream)
36.5° (Melting Heart)
4EVER























































Since getting into THE BOYZ more, I've noticed their past albums are slightly harder to get my hands on, especially at decent prices, my copy of The Only is pre-owned and came without the inclusions, but the person I bought it from was kind enough to make me some photo cards, which I keep in the album and have included in the above pictures.
I have the No Air version of the album, my main reason for choosing this version was because I love the album cover and I think the photo book is really pretty and unique.
The album itself fits with the concept, for me they have a dreamy style and each track is different from the last.

I think Breath to Breath is the perfect way to start this mini album, it's mainly an instrumental, but I think it really gives off how this album will sound, and I think it leads perfectly into the next track.
Breath to Breath

I'm absolutely obsessed with No Air, this song is not only my favourite song from this album, it's my favourite song from THE BOYZ, I love the melody, the vocals, the raps and the chorus, this song is even the ringtone for my morning alarm. I was blown away when they did it for their 2nd Kingdom: Legendary War performance.
No Air

I love the melody for Only ONE, for me the vocals and raps fit perfectly with the melody, and I have to say it's one of my favourite b-sides from this album. The more I listen to this song, the more I fall in love with all of their voices, it also makes me miss hearing Hwall's voice alongside them all.
Only ONE

I love the melody for 자각몽 (Lucid Dream), the melody and the vocals sound very dreamlike, which I think is very fitting for the tracks name.
자각몽 (Lucid Dream)

I think 36.5° (Melting Heart) sounds like it would fit a drama's OST perfectly, it also gives me winter and Christmassy (as in the season not their song) vibes. I think it shows of their vocals perfectly, it shows how sweet and vocally talented they all are.
36.5° (Melting Heart)

There's something about 4EVER that you can't help but smile, sing and sway along with the track. I love the chorus and the melody at the chorus. It's the perfect song to conclude the album with, it definitely makes me hit play again when it finishes.
4EVER

This is my first post on THE BOYZ since I posted about Dreamlike and that was back in December 2019, while I had been paying attention to their releases, I'd not been buying physical copies of their albums until this year, when I fully fell in love with them. I also now know all the members names and can put face to name, and like Road to Kingdom, THE BOYZ are continuing to blow me away, which makes me fall deeper into their world.
I'm definitely excited to see what they bring us after Kingdom: Legendary War.

Were you a fan of The Only?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version(s) did you choose?
What were your thoughts on No Air as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment