Monday 2 December 2019

THE BOYZ - Dreamlike

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


THE BOYZ are a South Korean boy group formed by Cre.kerz Entertainment in 2017, they made their official debut on the 6th of December 2017, as a 12-member group, but in October 2019, it was announced that for health reasons, member Hwall had withdrawn from the group, I will be including him for the member line-up in this post as their 4th mini album Dreamlike is his final appearance in the group.
The members are:
Sangyeon
Google Images

Jacob
Google Images

Younghoon
Google Images

Hyunjae
Google Images

Juyeon
Google Images

Kevin
Google Images

New
Google Images

Q
Google Images

Ju Haknyeon
Google Images

Sunwoo
Google Images

Eric
Google Images

Hwall
Google Images

On the 10th of August 2019. the Day Version image teasers were released.





 On the 11th of August 2019, the Dreamlike Version image teasers were released.





On the 12th of August 2019, their comeback trailer was released titled D.D.D M/V trailer.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 14th of August 2019, the Dreamlike Highlight Medley was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 16th of August 2019, the D.D.D M/V teaser #1 was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 18th of August 2019, the D.D.D M/V teaser #2 was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 19th of August 2019, the M/V for D.D.D was released, along with the physical and digital release of THE BOYZ 4th mini album Dreamlike.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 28th of August 2019, the D.D.D Dance Practice video was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 3rd of September 2019, the D.D.D M/V (Extended Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment
On the 12th of September 2019, the D.D.D Choreography video (Hanbok Ver.) was released.
Owned by Cre.ker Entertainment

Sunwoo and Eric co-wrote on tracks Complete Me and Water.
Sunwoo co-wrote on title track D.D.D.

Dreamlike peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.18 on the Oricon Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
111,191+
Oricon Sales:
4,401+
Giving Dreamlike a total of 115,592+ physical sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for D.D.D has so far gained 2,602,709 million views through their official THE BOYZ Channel, while through the channel 1theK (원더케이), the M/V has gained 10,959,698 million views, giving the M/v a combined view count of 13,562,407. The M/V on both channels continues to increase in views on a daily basis.

Dreamlike is released in 3 versions - Day version, Dreamlike version and DIY version, all three versions are set out in a paperback book style case and come with a slip case, with the Day version being white, the Dreamlike version being blue with a clear slipcase and the DIY version being a collaged cover with a yellow slipcase.
All three versions come with the Cd, photo book, random photo zine, random sticker pack, random postcard and a random photo card.
The photo books, album covers and Cd plates are all different and correspond to the version you get.

Track List:
Water
D.D.D
Complete Me
Summer Time
위로 (Going High)
Daydream

















































I actually came across the boys during their Giddy Up era back in 2018, if I remember correctly they were promoting at the same time as some other groups I follow so I saw them during their promotions and I really liked the song, but it wasn't till I started watching Simply K-pop that Kevin and Jacob are the MC's for, that I decided to check out their next comeback which was for Bloom Bloom. Then came D.D.D, I really liked the song so I decided on a whim that when I came across it in my local HMV store that I was buying it. I have the Day version and I would love the Dreamlike version because the colour of it is so pretty, I also felt lucky that when I opened it, I had Jacob's photo zine and Kevin's postcard as they were (and still are) the only members I know. While I wasn't expecting the album to be so large compared to others I've bought in the past, I absolutely love the size of it and I love the photo book, I will be honest and say I was a little confused when I was looking online and seeing what the album came with, noticing I hadn't come across the stickers or photo card, they were in fact hidden away with the Cd in it's little envelope.
The album itself was a nice surprise, so much so that it's a contender to be on my K-pop Top 10 Albums for this year. 
I have to say my favourite track from the album is Water, as soon as the song started I knew the song and the album was going to be good. I absolutely love the chorus and felt rather proud of myself that by just watching him on Simply K-pop, I could recognise Jacob's voice. I love the melody of the song and after a couple of listens I was singing away with the chorus.
Water

I think D.D.D, straight away makes you think of the summer months, and as soon as it starts you know it's going to be a song that gets you moving. I will also say that out of all the title tracks from THE BOYZ, that D.D.D is my favourite. I love the music, I love how their voices sound, I love the little section that clearly would have a little dance break and I love how catchy the chorus is.
D.D.D

I feel like this will be how I start all of these but, I absolutely love Complete Me, I love that it's such a mellow song, and I have to say my favourite part of the song is the chorus. I think out of all the songs on this album, I would want to hear this one live the most, you just know the choreography for this one would be elegant and it's also a song that I think shows of their voices more.
Complete Me

I love that Summer Time, is quite mellow in it's verses but picks up when it hits the chorus. I love their voices throughout the song and I absolutely love the melody in the chorus, it's also really catchy so you can't help but sing along.
Summer Time

I would say that 위로 (Going High), is one of the slowest track on the album, it's a track that shows that each member of THE BOYZ has a stunning voice and that every single one of them is talented.
위로 (Going High)

Lastly we have another slower song with Daydream, I think at times when groups have a large number of members, they tend to keep to more upbeat tracks to show off their energy and in sync moves. I love this song, I love the melody and I love how they sing this song. It reminds me of another song I've heard in the past but I just can't put my finger on it.
Daydream

Just from listening to this album, I definitely want to hear the rest of their albums and I definitely think I will be becoming a member of The B in the future.
I love how this album blends well together and keeps with similar sounds for each track, personally for me the album is dreamlike. As soon as the last song finishes, I hit the play button again and start it all over again.

Are you part of The B?
Do you have a copy of the album?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment