Monday 22 February 2021

Stray Kids - I am YOU

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


I am YOU is Stray Kids 3rd mini album, and on the 16th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 4 해장국 (Hero's Soup) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Also on the 16th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 3 편 (My Side) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Also on the 16th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 1 You was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Finally, also on the 16th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 2 I am YOU was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 17th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 5 Get Cool was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Also on the 17th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 6 극과 극 (N/S) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Also on the 17th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 7 0325 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Finally, also on the 17th of October 2018, the "I am YOU" Inst. Lyric Card 8 Mixtape#3 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 18th of October 2018, the I am YOU Teaser Video 1 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 19th of October 2018, the I am YOU Teaser Video 2 was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2018, the I am YOU M/V was released, along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album of the same name.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 24th of October 2018, the I am YOU Dance Practice Video (Full Cam Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 30th of October 2018, the 편 (My Side) Video (Street Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Stray Kids
On the 31st of October 2018, the I am YOU Performance Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 6th of November 2018, the Mixtape#3 video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 7th of November 2018, the I am YOU Dance Practice (Close Up ver.) Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
Stray KidsOn the 30th of October 2018, the 편 (My Side) Video (Street Ver.) was released.
On the 12th of November 2018, the Get Cool Teaser Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 14th of November 2018, the Get Cool M/V was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 20th of November 2018, the Get Cool Dance Practice Video (Full Cam Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 21st of November 2018, the 극과 극 (N/S) Video (Street Ver.) was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 27th of November 2018, the Get Cool Dance Practice (Close Up Ver.) Video was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Changbin, Hyunjin and I.N wrote the lyrics for YOU, they also co-composed on the track.
3racha wrote the lyrics for 편 (My Side), 해장국 (Hero's Soup), 극과 극 (N/S), 0325 and I am YOU, as well as also co-composing on the tracks.
3racha co-wrote on Get Cool, as well as also co-composing on the track.
Stray Kids as a whole wrote and composed Mixtape#3.

I am YOU peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.34 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.20 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.8 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales = 149,437+
Oricon Sales = 2,234+
Giving the album a total 151,671+ in sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for I am YOU has so far gained 41,080,938 million views, the views for the M/V are continuing to increase.

I am YOU was released in 2 versions: I am and YOU.
Both versions set out in a paperback book style case and come with the Cd, photo, random third page, random A version photo card, random B version photo card and a random C version photo book.
The photo books for both version are different.

Track List:
YOU
I am YOU
편 (My Side)
해장국 (Hero's Soup)
Get Cool
극과 극 (N/S)
0325
Mixtape#3 (Cd only)


























































The layout of this album is pretty much the same as all their other past albums, which I'm assuming they wanted to keep that way to keep the albums connected, so I don't think the layout is anything special. I'm glad they started changing up the layout's of their albums as it did start getting a little boring.
Like all Stray Kids albums, the tracks on this one are just as unique as all the others, I wouldn't say that this is one of my favourite albums of theirs, but there is certainly tracks on this album that made an impression.

I really like YOU as an intro for the album, I think it perfectly leads into the next track.

I can remember when I first I am YOU, I wasn't really a fan, but the more I listened to it the more I grew to love listening to it. It sounds really calm and soothing, for me this song is them singing about all sharing the same goals and dreams, as well as a song that shows from the get go how thankful they are of their fans, making it possible for them to start achieving their dreams and goals.
I am YOU

I love the intro to 편 (My Side) and I love how the track switches between the raps and the vocals, I love how the ending closes the song too, it's like there is 3 different songs within it, allowing them to show off their different vibes.
편 (My Side)

I love the melody for 해장국 (Hero's Soup) and till I looked into the meaning of this song I was totally confused about the tracks title. This song is a really heart warming track, it's rare to see singers create songs about their family and how they grew up and learnt to understand all the responsibility and struggles adults can and have to face. As parents the last thing you want, is your children to see you struggle, you want to be their hero, their first real idol.
해장국 (Hero's Soup)

I absolutely adore Get Cool, once you hear this track you can't help but sing along, especially with the chorus, I will even admit I even sing the high pitched get cool. It's such a happy-go-lucky track and never fails to make the day feel brighter.
Get Cool

극과 극 (N/S) was another song that I thought was really odd when I first heard it, now it's one of my favourite tracks from the album. Whenever this song comes on, I can't help but sing along, it's also one of those songs that you can't help but have some odd dance moves to go along with the singing.
극과 극 (N/S)

If you're not familiar with Stray Kids, then 0325 might seem a random title for a song, but it's in fact the date of their debut. As you can expect it's a track about their desires, dreams and goals and working non-stop to make them a reality. I absolutely love this song, I love the differences and changes within the melody. This song is the perfect track to inspire you whenever you think your dreams are hard to reach.
0325

Mixtape #3 has made an appearance before in my Cle 2: Yellow Wood post and I absolutely adore this song. To repeat what I said before about it, it sounds like such a carefree song, I love the melody and I love how all their voices blend with the music, I think it's an amazing song to inspire the younger generations when they think things are tough and getting on top of them.
Mixtape #3

While I am YOU isn't one of my favourite Stray Kids releases, I still enjoy listening to it and it still leaves me feeling inspired and in awe of them. I know this may sound odd and possibly mean and hateful but, when I listen to these songs I miss Woojin's voice, but if I listen to the tracks they've released after he left, I don't feel like his voice is missing, I've even gotten used to the songs that they've re-recorded without him. Unlike many Stay's, I think this is because when Woojin left I was still new to Stray Kids and think that's why I have that mindset.

On a brighter note, Stray Kids will be appearing in the Mnet show Kingdom and I can't wait to see what they will bring, I also can't wait for them to have a comeback, which is reported to be in April, I just hope 2021 continues their success.

Stray Kids everywhere all around the world, you make Stray Kids Stay!

Were you a fan of I am YOU?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your thoughts on title track I am YOU?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment