Monday 9 November 2020

WayV - Take Over the Moon

Hello

안녕하세요

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)


WayV are a 7-member Chinese boy group formed by SM Entertainment, they are also the fourth sub-unit and Chine-based unit for the South Korean group NCT. Many wondered if WayV were part of the NCT franchise as they debuted under a new label created by SM named Label V and NCT didn't feature in the groups name like NCT 127, NCT Dream and NCT U.
WayV made their debut in January 2019 with members Kun, Ten, Winwin, Lucas, Xiaojun, Hendery and Yangyang.
Google Images

Google Images

Take Over the Moon is WayV's 2nd mini album, on the 22nd of October 2019, their comeback was announced through a logo image as well as the release of a schedule.
Leading through to the albums release, each day, mysterious and dream-like teaser images were released of the members.
On the 28th of October 2019, the M/V teaser was released for 天选之城 (Moonwalk).
Owned by SM Entertainment & Label V
On the 29th of October 2019, the M/V was released for their title track 天选之城 (Moonwalk), along with the physical and digital release of their 2nd mini album Take Over the Moon.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Label V
On the 11th of November 2019, the 天选之城 (Moonwalk) dance practice video was released.
Owned by SM Entertainment & Label V

WayV made their first performance in Korea on MBC's Show Champion on the 30th of October 2019, which was followed by a performance on SBS MTV's The Show on the 5th of November 2019.

Take Over the Moon became WayV's debut on the Billboard Heatseeker's Albums Chart as well as the Gaon Albums Chart.

Members Hendery and Yangyang co-wrote on the lyrics for tracks 心心相瘾 (King of Hearts) which is sung by members Winwin, Lucas, Hendery and Yangyang, and 幸福遇见 (We go nanana).

Take Over the Moon peaked at No.5 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.76 on the Official UK Digital Albums Chart, No.24 on the Billboard Heatseekers Albums Chart and No.12 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 天选之城 (Moonwalk) has gained 13,605,749 million views, and continues to increase on a daily basis.

Take Over the Moon is set out in a red hardback book style case with gold writing and gold logo on the covers.
The album itself comes with the Cd, photo book, fold-out design poster, a random circle card and a random photo card.
The photo books pages are gold trimmed.

Track List:
天选之城 Moonwalk
黑夜日出 Yeah Yeah Yeah
秘语 Love Talk
心心相瘾 King of Hearts
面对面 Face to Face
幸福遇见 We go nanana




















































This album from cover to cover and from start to finish is stunning, in pictures I thought it looked pretty but seeing it in person, it's absolutely gorgeous. You may have noticed from the pictures that I've included all the random shots and pages too because even they are stunning.
The photo book itself for me, looks more like a story being told, rather than a book full of photo's, it's so hard to choose which concept is my favourite as, the styling and colours used are breathtaking.
The tracks themselves are spot on, there is such a different mixture of tracks on the album that showcases all of their strengths. Listening to WayV reminds me how beautiful the Chinese language is, especially when you're being serenaded with it.

I love the start of 天选之城 (Moonwalk) it sounds so magical, like you're about to witness a fairy tale, then the beat fully starts and then you know you're in for an amazing and catching track. The melody also makes me feel like I'm outside looking up a the stars in the night sky.
天选之城 (Moonwalk)

黑夜日出 (Yeah Yeah Yeah) is one of my favourite tracks on the album, I love the melody and the vocals. I love how the vocals and melody blend together.
黑夜日出 (Yeah Yeah Yeah)

秘语 (Love Talk) is my overall favourite track from WayV, there isn't anything I dislike about this song. I love the melody, the vocals, the raps and the harmonisation, it may just be me but I think being sung in Chinese makes it sound more sensual.
秘语 (Love Talk)

I love the chorus for 心心相瘾 (King of Hearts), it's so catchy, I love the melody and this song proves that the members that tend to rap are skilled vocalists too, I absolutely love Winwin's voice in this song, when I first listened to it I thought it was Ten singing and not Winwin. This is definitely one of my favourite b'sides.
心心相瘾 (King of Hearts)

I knew that with 面对面 (Face to Face) being sung by Kun, Ten and Xiaojun, that this song would be a ballad, and I was not left disappointed. Being a fan of NCT since the debut of NCT U, it makes me proud to hear Ten be more of a vocalist rather than being rap-based, he has such a stunning voice. I could listen to this song all day, all three members have the power to sing with softness and strength with ease, and this song proves that. I hope we get more songs like this from Kun, Ten and Xiaojun.
面对面 (Face to Face)
Fizy HyoSonn

幸福遇见 (We go nanana) sounds like such a happy-go-lucky track, I can easily see this being an encore song at one of their concerts. I think this is the most perfect song to end this album with, it's really uplifting and always makes me smile.
幸福遇见 (We go nanana)

I'm so glad WayV were formed as not only did it introduce us to Xiaojun, Hendery and Yangyang, but we got to see Kun properly debut, as well as see more of Winwin, Ten and Lucas. I've seen Winwin grow a lot more since debuting with WayV, it's nice to see him look a lot more comfortable, especially with his Korean. I'm glad we're finally seeing the WayV members with the rest of NCT, and I can't wait what WayV bring us next.

Were you a fan of Take Over the Moon?
Do you have a physical copy?
Were you a fan of 天选之城 (Moonwalk)?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment