Monday 12 October 2020

Astro - Blue Flame

Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao) 


I can't believe it's been over a year since I posted about Astro, while I have been listening to their newer releases, I've been a bit slower getting my hands on their physical releases.

Blue Flame is Astro's 6th mini album and was released back in 2019. On the 11th and 12th of November 2019, the official photo #The Book Ver. were released.







On the 13th and 14th of November 2019 the official photo #The Story Ver. were released.







On the 15th of November 2019, the concept trailer was released.

Owned by Fantagio Music 

ASTRO 아스트로

On the 17th of November 2019, the highlight medley was released.

Owned by Fantagio Music

ASTRO 아스트로

On the 18th of November 2019, the M/V teaser was released for Blue Flame.

Owned by Fantagio Music

ASTRO 아스트로

On the 20th of November 2020, the M/V was released for title track Blue Flame, along with the physical and digital release of their 6th mini album of the same name.

Owned by Fantagio Music

ASTRO 아스트로

On the 12th of November 2019, Fantagio Music announced that member Moonbin would not be participating in the promotions for Blue Flame due to health issues and that he would be focusing on his recovery.

Members JinJin and Rocky wrote their raps for tracks 다야 (All About You), You're My World and title track Blue Flame.

JinJin wrote the rap for track Go&Stop.

Rocky wrote the lyrics for 찬바람 불 때면 (When the Wind Blows), as well as co-composing on the track, Rocky along with JinJin also wrote the raps for the track.

Blue Flame peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.7 on the Oricon Albums Chart.

Gaon Sales = 122,067+

Oricon Sales = 17,648+

Giving the album a total of 139,715+ in sales.

*YouTube views correct at time of writing post* The M/V for Blue Flame has so far gained 17,728,594 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

Blue Flame is released in 2 versions: Story version and Book version.

 Blue Flame is set out in a fabric hardback book style case and comes with the Cd, photo book, group postcard, random postcard, random bookmark and 2 random photo cards.

Track List:

Blue Flame

Go&Stop

다야 (All About You)

찬바람 불 때면 (When the Wind Blows)

You're My World








































I love the layout for this album, I think it's really pretty and unique, it reminds me of the old school diaries that have the magnet to keep the book closed.
I love the pictures in the photo book, the colour used for the background really makes them all stand out and makes all the pictures stunning. I think it makes all the pictures look really sultry and sensual, having some femininity while still being masculine, it's definitely my favourite of the photo books.
The album itself is amazing from start to finish, Astro never fail to blow me away with their music, they have a good mixture of songs on this album, showing that they're not only a talented and versatile idol group, but also talented when it comes to writing songs too.

I love that Astro always bring something new with their title tracks and Blue Flame follows that trend, like with many idol groups it has a different sound but with their stamp on it. As soon as that intro starts I'm always ready to get singing and grooving along. Each member really stands out and I absolutely love MJ and Moonbin's voices in this track. I guarantee that by the end of the track you'll be singing along too. I love the melody and as odd as it may sound I think it really fits the concept of the Story version of the album.
Blue Flame

I have to say Go&Stop is my favourite track from this album, I love the intro melody, the vocals, the raps and especially the chorus. I fell in love with this song as soon as I heard it. As soon as this song starts I always find myself humming the chorus, as well as the little outro bit.
Go&Stop

Zaty Farhani
The intro to 다야 (All About You) sounds like the track would be dark, but as soon as they start singing it has a bright and upbeat sound. I love the chorus for this song it's so pretty, all their voices blend so well with this track.
다야 (All About You)

The start of 찬바람 불 때면 (When the Wind Blows) reminds me of a previous Astro track, but this song is absolutely stunning, Rocky made a breathtaking track and I can't help but think he made this track with his members in mind, especially MJ, Moonbin, Eunwoo and Sanha, as they really stood out for me in this song, they really blew me away with their vocals. This song makes me think about how whenever we lose someone from our lives whether it's a family member, friend or lover there's always moments or triggers that can take us back to the happy and even sad memories with them, but remember just because you remember doesn't mean you're still suffering.
찬바람 불 때면 (When the Wind Blows)

The K-POP
From the first note you know that You're My World is going to be a stunning and powerful song, each member shines, you can feel and hear their emotions as they sing and truly believe everything they're singing. I can't help but feel that this song is for their fans, but not just their fans, to one another as well.
You're My World

Astro are such a talented, unified and diverse group, not one member is more talented than the others and they all tend to shine equally, no matter how much they sing and rap. Since Blue Flame they've had a group comeback as well as debuting their first unit and there is no stopping them. I can't wait to see what they bring us next time. I'm always excited when they announce their return as I know it will be something spectacular.

Were you a fan of Blue Flame?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you pick?
Were you a fan of Blue Flame as the title track?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment