Monday 24 August 2020

Wanna One - 1X1=1 (To Be One)

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

Wanna One were a South Korean boy band formed by CJ E&M through the 2nd season of Produce 101, they debuted under Swing Entertainment and CJ E&M. Their contract came to an end on the 31st of December 2018, and they officially disbanded in January 2020. Many of the members have now branched out since disbandment with members making their solo debuts, returning to groups and creating new groups.

Wanna One is composed of 11 members: Kang Daniel, Park Jihoon, Lee Daehwi, Kim Jaehwan, Ong Seongwu, Park Woojin, Lai Kuanlin, Yoon Jisung, Hwang Minhyun, Bae Jinyoung and Ha Sungwoon.

1X1=1 (To Be One) is Wanna One's debut mini album. On the 16th of June 2017, the Produce 101 season 2 finalists were revealed and the group immediately started preparations for their debut, starting with recording their own version of the songs "It's Me (Pick Me)", "Always" and "Never". On the 4th of August 2017, the M/V teaser was released for title track  에너제틱 (Energetic).

Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M
On the 7th of August 2017, the M/V for 에너제틱 (Energetic) was released, along with the physical and digital release of their debut mini album 1X1=1 (To Be One).
Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M
On the 10th of August 2017, their 활활 (Burn It Up) M/V (Extended Ver.) was released.
Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M
On the 19th of August 2017, their 에너제틱 (Energetic) M/V (Performance M/V) was released.
Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M
On the 31st of August 2017, their Wanna Be (My Baby) M/V (Live Ver.) was released.
Owned by Swing Entertainment
On the 15th of September 2017, both the 에너제틱 (Energetic) and the 활활 (Burn It Up) dance practices were released.
Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M
Owned by Swing Entertainment & CJ E&M

Wanna One held their debut showcase and a small concert on the 7th of August 2017, at Gocheok Sky Dome, and had their debut music show performance on the 10th of August 2017, with promotions being completed on the 30th of August 2017.

1X1=1 (To Be One) reached 600,000 pre-orders prior to it's release, making it the debut K-pop album with the highest No. of pre-orders.

에너제틱 (Energetic) won Wanna One 15 music show trophies, taking 2 wins on The Show, 3 wins on Show Champion, 3 wins on Music Core, 2 wins on Inkigayo, 3 wins on M Countdown and 2 wins on Music Bank.

1X1=1 (To Be One) peaked at No. 1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.4 on the Oricon Albums Chart and No.3 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
*Sales are combined sales with their repacked album*
Gaon Sales:
1,463,978+
Oricon Sales:
81,010+
Chinese Sales:
226,801+
US Sales:
3,000+
Giving the album a total of 1,774,789+ in sales.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 에너제틱 (Energetic) has so far gained 136,222,889 million views, with the views still continuing to rise on a daily basis.

1X1=1 (To Be One) was released in 2 versions: Pink & Sky.
Both versions are set out in a box case and come with the Cd, photo book, flip book, golden ticket, random cover card, a group photo card and a random member photo card. The photo books are the same for both versions.
The Pink version has a pink case and Cd plate, while the Sky version has a blue case and Cd plate.
The album covers and flip books are different.

Track List:
To Be One (Intro)
활활 (Burn It Up)
에너제틱 (Energetic)
Wanna Be (My Baby)
이 자리에 (Always(Acoustic Ver.))
나야 나 (It's Me (Pick Me)) (Wanna One Ver.) *Cd Only*
Never (Wanna One Ver.) *Cd Only*
















































I'm late to the game when it comes to Wanna One, I knew of them, I knew some of their songs, but I was never really a fan, I listen to way too many boy bands, so I didn't want to get it another one, especially one with 11 members and also knowing they would eventually disband. I watched their final comeback stages and seeing them get emotional definitely made me shed a few tears for them. Throughout their promotional period I only ever really knew 3 of the members and they were Kang Daniel, Lee Daehwi and Ong Seongwu. I knew Minhyun from the group NU'EST was in the group, but because I don't really follow them, I didn't know which one he was.
I think the layout of the album is really cute, as you may have guessed I have the Sky version. I thought the photo book was really cool with it being reversible, so you get both of the versions photo's. I have to say the Pink version photo book has to be my favourite just because they seem a lot more colourful and stand out more than the Sky version. I think the flip book idea is really cute, I've never seen or had a an album that has one.
The main thing I will say about this album is that I was actually blown away, I feel guilty that I turned my nose up at them when they debuted.
I think To Be One (Intro) is the perfect song to start the album with as I think it really sets the mood on what the album will sound like, and really gets you hyped up. I definitely get the vibe also that even though they're 11 individuals and were put together by a survival show, they will be one unit.
To Be One (Intro)

I think 활활 (Burn It Up) could have easily been their title track, for me I think groups from survival shows as well as it's members need to be versatile, and I think this track shows that Wanna One would be a versatile group. For me this was one of those songs that I had to listen to a few times to come to like it, it also gives me BIGBANG feels.
활활 (Burn It Up)
Mnet K-POP

에너제틱 (Energetic) is one of the main reasons I decided to buy this album, I was in love with this song when it was released, but because I didn't want to "stan" another 11 guys and another male group, I kept telling myself I didn't like it. This song is really upbeat and no pun intended energetic, it's such a colourful song. No matter how many times this song came on I couldn't help but sing a long with the chorus. It was also this song, M/V and performances that made Ong Seongwu catch my eye.
에너제틱 (Energetic)
Mnet K-POP

For me Wanna Be (My Baby) is a pure boy band track and it makes me think of the early 00's boy band tracks. This is one of those songs that if you're in a bad mood or feeling down, it can really lift your spirits and mood, I feel it's really uplifting.
Wanna Be (My Baby)
ALL THE K-POP

The first time I listened to 이 자리에 (Always(Acoustic Ver.)) was when I bought this album and I listened to it all, and I can honestly say I was brought to tears. This song for me is breath taking, and every time I listen to it, it never fails to make me feel emotional, it also made me feel guilty about how I decided not to pay attention to Wanna One, better late than never right? This song also makes me think about the hardships they probably faced as trainees as well as on Produce 101, I think I sympothise with this more as I watch I-Land and watching their struggles makes me think about Wanna One and the things they've overcome to not only be chosen for the group but for the roads their careers take now.
이 자리에 (Always(Acoustic Ver.))
ALL THE K-POP

나야 나 (It's Me (Pick Me)) (Wanna One Ver.) is another reason why I bought this album, I loved this song as soon as I checked it out when the 2nd season of Produce 101 was airing, I was gutted I couldn't find it anywhere to listen to it without using YouTube. I'm thankful the Produce 101 version is on Spotify but gutted that the Wanna One version is a Cd only track. I think it definitely has a different feel and vibe being sung by the Wanna One members.
나야 나 (It's Me (Pick Me)) (Wanna One Ver.)

I think it's songs like Never (Wanna One Ver.) that really shows how versatile and talented Wanna One is. I love this song, it gives me a summer vibe and I think it's the perfect song to close the album with.
Never (Wanna One Ver.)

I'm definitely going to check out more of Wanna One's b-sides, just because they're no longer promoting as a group, doesn't mean we can't still enjoy their music. I look forward to seeing what the future has in store for the members, I'm already aware of the things some of the members are doing, so I look forward to see where their new careers take them.

Are you a Wannable?
When did you become a Wannable?
Were you a fan of 1X1=1 (To Be One)?
Do you have a physucal copy?
Which version?
Were you a fan of 에너제틱 (Energetic)?
Do you have a favourite track from he album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
krystalized
Stone Music Entertainment

No comments:

Post a Comment