Monday 10 August 2020

VeriVery - FACE ME

 Hello

안녕하세요 

(Annyeonghaseyo)

こんにちは 

(Konnichiwa)

你好

(Ni Hao)

VeriVery are a 7-member boyband formed by Jellyfish Entertainment, they made their debut on the 9th of January 2019.

The members are: Dongheon, Hoyoung, Minchan, Gyehyeon, Yeonho, Yongseung and Kangmin.

FACE ME is VeriVery's 3rd mini album and their first album in their FACE it trilogy.

On the 15th of December 2019, the FACE it Trailer was released.

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 16th of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Dongheon.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 17th of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser imagers were released for Hoyoung.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 18th of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Minchan.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 19th of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Gyehyeon.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 20th of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Yeonho.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 21st of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Yongseung.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 22nd of December 2019, the FACE ME character trailer and teaser images were released for Kangmin.
Google Images

Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 23rd of December 2019, the group teaser images were released.
Google Images
Google Images
On the 2nd of January 2020, the FACE ME highlight medley was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 5th of January 2020, the M/V teaser was released for title track Lay Back.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 7th of January 2020, the M/V was released for Lay Back along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd mini album FACE ME.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 11th of January 2020, the Lay Back dance practice video was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 24th of January 2020, the PHOTO dance practice video was released.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 31st of January 2020, an M/V teaser was released for Paradise.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment
On the 16th of February 2020, the M/V was released for Paradise.
Owned by Jellyfish Entertainment

VeriVery held a showcase for the release of their mini album FACE ME on the albums release day, the 7th of January.

Dongheon, Minchan, Gyehyeon and Yeonho wrote the lyrics for Paradise, as well as co-composing on the track.
Dongheon, Gyehyeon, Yeonho and Kangmin co-wrote the lyrics for Moment, with Dongheon, Gyehyeon and Yeonho also co-composing on the track,

FACE ME peaked at No.4 on the Gaon Albums Charrt.
Gaon Sales:
28,440+
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Lay Back has so far gained 14,162,881 million views, while slowly, the views for the M/V are continuing to increase.

FACE ME is released in 2 versions: Official and DIY.
Both versions are set out in a paperback book style case with a slipcase.
The Official version has a black slipcase with the group logo, FACE it and FACE ME logo's, the photo book cover is white with a group picture. It comes with the Cd, photo book, FACE it invitation, a random lenticular card and a random photo card.
The DIY version has a black slipcase with a white palm tree logo, photo book cover is the same but with a purple tinge. It comes with the Cd, photo book, FACE it invitation, a random polaroid photo card and a random photo card.
The photo books for both versions are different.

Track List:
PHOTO
Lay Back
Paradise
Curtain Call
MOMENT
Thank you, NEXT? *Cd Only*



















































I've actually been aware of VeriVery since their debut, while I've liked all their title tracks, it wasn't until I heard Lay Back that I really fell in love with their music. I also loved watching them on Road to Kingdom.
While the album layout is the usual K-pop layout, the photo book itself for me really stands out with a mixture of colour and black & white pictures, they also have a little mirror at the start of the photo book, which I have seen before in Gugudan's Act.2 Narcissus mini album. 
I think PHOTO is the perfect track to open this album with, I've not listened to many of their past releases but straight away I knew this would be a song I would love, it also gives off a more mature sound which I think fits this concept perfectly.
PHOTO

From the first listen of Lay Back, I was hooked, the chorus is so catchy and I constantly had "show me your face" stuck in my head. When I compare their past title tracks, this one is a major glow up, going from cute to mature. It definitely made me sit back and really pay attention to them. I love everything in this song, I love the beat, the melody, the vocals and the rapping. I honestly play this song ALOT.
Lay Back
Mnet K-POP
Mnet K-POP

I absolutely love Paradise and I love it even more knowing that Dongheon, Gyehyeon, Minchan and Yeonho wrote the lyrics as well as participating in composing it, it's such a beautiful song. This song gives me strong summer vibes, you wouldn't think it was originally released during the summer.
Paradise

No matter how many times I listen to Curtain Call I always forget it's VeriVery. This song never fails to get me dancing along, especially to the chorus. I love the transitions between the verses and the choruses. I feel it reminds me of another song but I can't quite put my finger on it, it also reminds me of something that would have been released in the 90's/early 00's.
Curtain Call

When I first heard the opening melody to MOMENT, I thought I was listening to EXO's Wait, I was listening to my daily mix on Spotify and the more it played the more I fell in love with these unfamiliar voices and pressed that heart button. This is definitely one of my favourite songs off the album, this is one of those songs that just stops you in your tracks and all you can do is stop and listen.
Moment

You may be wondering why there is no Thank you NEXT? Well that's because it's a instrumental teasers and the main song actually appears on their next mini album, also no matter how many times I search for it, I cannot find it anywhere online to share with you, so if you want to check it out, I highly recommend buying the album because overall it's amazing and I think it shows a growth in them.

I will continue to keep my eyes on VeriVery and I cannot wait to see where their journey takes them.

Are you a Verrer?
Were you a fan of FACE ME?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you choose?
What were your first thoughts on Lay Back?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Stone Music Entertainment
VERIVERY

No comments:

Post a Comment