Tuesday 30 June 2020

Ultimate Fudge

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I've not shared a baking post with you since January, but during lockdown I have done a bit more baking, so today I'm going to share with you a fudge recipe.
Let's get baking!

Ingredients:
1x 397 g tin condensed milk
150 ml milk
450 g demerara sugar
115 g butter

Start off by lining a 20cm square tin with baking parchment. Once done, place all the ingredients into a large non-stick pan and melt over a low heat, stirring until the sugar dissolves.

Next bring to the boil and simmer for 10-15 minutes, always stirring and scraping the base of the pan.


Next remove from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, while doing so keep beat the mixture, until it looses it's shine and becomes thick.

Next press into the prepared tin and leave to cool and set.

Once set you're ready to cut into squares and enjoy.

While for me the recipe is easy to follow, it did leave me with an achy arm with having to be constantly stirring, mixing and beating. I think I may have either over worked mine, or left it boiling too long as mine was rather crumbly when it came to cutting it into squares.
Minus my downfalls, the fudge is really tasty and both me and Skye were a fan, so much so that it didn't stay in the jar for long, as it got eaten rather quickly.
I have come across another fudge recipe that I am going to give a try and compare the recipes, but I thought I'd give the carnation recipe a go first.

If you would like to check out the original recipe that I followed, then you can check out Carnation's Ultimate Fudge Recipe.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment