Monday 15 June 2020

Tomorrow X Together - The Dream Chapter: Star

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


Tomorrow X Together, also known as TXT or short, are a 5-member South Korean boy band formed by Big Hit Entertainment.
The members are:
Yeonjun
Google Images

Soobin
Google Images

Beomgyu
Google Images

Taehyun
Google Images

Huening Kai
Google Images

The Dream Chapter: Star is Tomorrow X Together's debut mini album, Big Hit first introduced TXT in January 2019. through a series of videos, revealing the members one by one, starting on the 10th of January 2019, with 'Introduction Film - what do yo do?' - Yeonjun.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 13th of January 2019, the 'Introduction Film - what do you do?' - Soobin was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 15th of January 2019, the 'Introduction Film - what do you do?' - Huening Kai was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 17th of January 2019, the 'Introduction Film - what do you do?' - Taehyun was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 20th of January 2019, the 'Introduction Film - what do you do?' - Beomgyu was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 23rd of January 2019, the 'Introduction Film - what do you do?' was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
Two sets of teaser images were released for the album, which were Concept 1 and Concept 2.







Big Hit Labels
On the 18th of February 2019, The Dream Chapter: Star was announced.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 25th of February 2019, the 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) M/V teaser 1 was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 26th of February 2019, the 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) M/V teaser 2 was released.
Owned by Bog Hit Entertainment
Big Hit Labels
On the 1st of March 2019, The Dream Chapter: Star Album Preview was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 4th of March 2019, the M/V for 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) was released, along with the physical and digital release of Tomorrow X Together's debut mini album The Dream Chapter: Star.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 17th of March 2019, the 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) M/V (Choreography Ver.) was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 7th April 2019, the 'Blue Orangeade' lyric video was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 22nd of April 2019, the 'Cat & Dog' Teaser (멍 Version) was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 23rd of April 2019, the 'Cat & Dog' Teaser (냥 Version) released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 24th of April 2019, the M/V was released for 'Cat & Dog'.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 1st of May 2019, another M/V teaser was released for 'Cat & Dog', this time for the English version.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 3rd of May 2019, the M/V for the English version of 'Cat & Dog' was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 5th of June 2019, an M/V was released for 별의 낮잠 (Nap of a Star).
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
Big Hit Labels

어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) won Tomorrow X Together a total of 3 music show trophies, with 1 win on The Show, 1 win on M Countdown and 1 win on Show Champion.

The Dream Chapter: Star peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.3 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.20 on the Uk Digital Albums Chart and No.1 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
227,271+
Oricon Sales:
33,666+
US Sales:
4,000+
Giving the album a total of 264,937+ sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) has so far gained 111,876,768 million views, with the views still continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The Dream Chapter: Star is set out in a box case with a clear slipcase, and comes with the Cd, photo book, random member photo card with a photo card frame, random member photo card with keyring ring, transparent group photo card and 2 sticker sheets.
The album design is quite simple with the cover being blue with the groups logo.

Track List:
Blue Orangeade
어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown)
Our Summer
Cat & Dog
별의 낮잠 (Nap of a Star)


























I remember all the hype that was created for TXT when it was announced that Big Hit would be debuting a new boy group 6 years after BTS, the hype created was from BTS fans as well as being from the same company as BTS. I for one didn't get pulled into the hype, I didn't watch any of the introduction films or the M/V teasers and I certainly didn't want to compare them with BTS just because they were from the same company. I waited for their debut date and as soon as their debut M/V was released, I went to check them out, soon as I finished the M/V I listened to their debut mini album and was in love. The first 2 members I learnt were Soobin and Beomgyu, the first name and face I remember is always my first bias and that was Soobin, it was his eye smile that caught my attention. Beomgyu was next because he has the same birthday as me, so now I refer to him as my little birthday brother.
The album itself, I love the layout of the album and I love that the album packaging was kept really simple, the tracks are young and fresh and show that even as rookies, they're talented.
I love how upbeat Blue Orangeade is, it gives me a fresh summer vibe, even on the first listen song had me wanting to get up and move along to the music. I definitely thought this was an amazing song to introduce TXT and start their album as I think straight away it showed a different side to what we had already seen through their title track.
Blue Orangeade
Mnet K-POP

Every time 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown) starts playing, I get the feeling of nostalgia, for me this song reminds of a song back in the 80's/90's but with a more modern twist. I was in love with this song as soon as I heard it, it's one of my favourite debut tracks and even though they're rookies, I can't imagine anyone other than Tomorrow X Together performing this song. I love the meaning behind the song, the literal translation of the title is 'One Day Antlers Grew From My Head' but instead of seeing it as an imperfection it's their crown and it makes them who they are. Remember no matter what your "imperfection" it's those imperfections that make you who you are and make you stronger.
어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown)

My favourite part of Our Summer is the chorus, it's so chilled out and relaxing. There are songs that make you reminisce about past events and songs that you could see yourself driving along in the car in the summer with the wind blowing through the windows, and for me this is one of those songs.
Our Summer

I love Cat & Dog, it's such a cute song, it's a cute and fun upbeat track, the way I translate the lyrics is that they want unconditional love from someone they like, just like a pet would. From the first listen the main thing that stuck in my head was Yeonjun's lines at the end "let's play forever, I just wanna be your dog", even as the song starts that part is already in my head.
Cat & Dog
Mnet K-POP

Jaeguchi
While most of the songs are upbeat, the final track 별의 낮잠 (Nap of a Star) is a slower track that allows us listeners that they can sing ballads as easily as they can more upbeat tracks. This song is such a beautiful track, from the melody to the vocals, for me it's breathtaking. It may sound odd but this song makes me think about lying in the grass and looking up at the stars. It makes me think no matter where you are from the people you love, if you just look up to the stars you'll remember that you're under the same sky.
별의 낮잠 (Nap of a Star)

I see so many comments saying that TXT are in BTS's shadow and that's the only reason they're popular, but for me that should be the same for all groups that debut after a successful group in their company. For me, they are far from being in BTS' shadow, they have a different sound, a different style and are focusing on different messages and story's within their music. 
I personally can see big things happening for Tomorrow X Together, they're all talented and I can't wait to see where their career takes them.

Were you a fan of The Dream Chapter: Star?
Do you have a physical copy?
What were your thoughts on 어느 날 머리에서 뿔이 자랐다 (Crown)?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment