Monday 22 June 2020

Tomorrow X Together - The Dream Chapter: MAGIC

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


I thought I'd change up my K-pop post this week and get straight into Tomorrow X Together's first full length album The Dream Chapter: MAGIC.

On the 1st of October 2019, The Dream Chapter: MAGIC was officially announced.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 3rd of October 2019, The Dream Chapter: MAGIC Concept Trailer was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 7th of October 2019, the Sanctuary concept images were released.



On the 8th of October 2019, the Arcadia concept images were released.




On the 13th of October 2019, the 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)) 1st M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 16th of October 2019, the 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)) 2nd M/V teaser was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 17th of October 2019, The Dream Chapter: MAGIC Album Preview was released.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 21st of October 2019, the M/V was released for 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)), along with the physical and digital release of their 1st full length album The Dream Chapter: MAGIC.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 17th of November 2019, an M/V was released for track Magic Island.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment
On the 28th of November 2019, an M/V was released for track Angel or Devil.
Owned by Big Hit Entertainment

TXT began their promotions for the album on music shows on the 21st of October 2019, performing 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)), New Rules and Angel or Devil.
9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)) won TXT 1 music show trophy winning on The Show.

The Dream Chapter: MAGIC peaked at No.1 on the Gaon Albums Chart, No.11 on the Oricon Albums Chart, No.29 on the UK Digital Albums Chart and No.3 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
236,103+
Oricon Sales:
24,319+
US Sales:
2,000+
Giving the album a total of 262,422+ sales so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)) has so far gained 45,944,652 million views, with the views continuing to increase on a daily basis.

The album is released in 2 versions: Sanctuary and Arcadia, the Sanctuary version is green while the Arcadia version is black.
Both versions are set out in a box case and comes with the Cd, photo book, sticker pack, viewer glasses, random member student ID pad, random photo card A and random photo card B.
The photo books for both versions are different and follow the version concept teaser images released before the albums release.

Track List:
New Rules
9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away))
간지러워 (Roller Coaster)
Poppin' Star
그냥 괴물을 살려두면 안 되는 걸까 (Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?)
Magic Island
20cm
Angel or Devil









































I have the Sanctuary version of the album and I mainly picked this version because I preferred the colour of the cover as well as liking the photo book better than the Arcadia version. I love the layout of the album, I love that the photo book is designed like wired notebook making it so much easier to look through.
I was really excited for their first comeback especially when the 1st M/V teaser was released as it screamed magical and Harry Potter, the album itself is a good first full length album, each track offers something different and shows again how talented these rookies are.
I think New Rules starts out really simple and then grows into an upbeat track, I think it's a song that takes you on an adventure, it never stays in one place and keeps you on your toes, I love the different ranges in their voices too, starting out soft and quiet and ending the song the same way.
New Rules

I love how magical 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away)) sounds from the very start of the song, right up to the end. I fell in love with this song as soon as it was released, and at the time it became my favourite Tomorrow X Together title track. I love the abrupt stop towards the end of the track making the listener think it's the end, it leaves you wanting more, then you're eased back in before they burst back into the last chorus. I also love the effect on their voices as they're easing us into the final part of the song.
9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (9 and Three Quarters (Run Away))

I remember when I first listened to 간지러워 (Roller Coaster) on the Cd, I actually thought the track skipped slightly when the chorus started, only to realise it's how the track is laid out. On first listen I thought this would be a track that I wouldn't be able to get into, but it's actually quite catchy and I now love it. Looking at the lyrics this could be viewed in all different ways, from your first day at a new job, finally debuting, to your first time on a roller coaster, it's the adrenaline, the fear of the unknown, and how everything will work out.
간지러워 (Roller Coaster)

I absolutely adore Poppin' Star, it's such a cute song, I love their vocals, they sing it was such soft voices, that you get the feeling of nostalgia, taking you back to the days of you're childhood. 
Poppin' Star

그냥 괴물을 살려두면 안 되는 걸까 (Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?) is one of my favourite songs on this album, I love everything about this song. While the album was released in the autumn, this song gives me strong summer vibes. There's something about this song that I can't help but sing along.
그냥 괴물을 살려두면 안 되는 걸까 (Can't We Just Leave the Monster Alive?)

Magic Island is such a gorgeous song, the melody, their voices, for me it's breath taking. This is another of the songs that's one of my favourite's. I honestly think if I got to see them live and they performed this song, I'd cry, even listening to it now makes me feel emotional.
Magic Island

Lemoring
For me 20cm sounds like an early 2000's boy group song. I've always loved their vocals and I think Yeonjun especially has a unique voice that I can always recognise him, but this song really puts him on another level, I love his rap style but I think I love his singing talents even more. This is another song that shows that all 5 members ae vocally talented.
20cm

Angel or Devil is another great song on this album, I can't see anyone other than TXT performing this song. I love the chorus, especially the start, I love Huening Kai's voice and line. It's a song that makes me want to get up and dance along.
Angel or Devil

As I've said above, this album was released in the autumn but a lot of the songs have a summer vibe. For their first full length album they did an amazing job, it's definitely a step up from their debut mini album.

Were you a fan of The Dream Chapter: MAGIC?
Do you have a physical copy?
Which version did you get?
What were your thoughts on 9와 4분의 3 승강장에서 너를 기다려 (Run Away)?
Do you have a favourite track from the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye
Mnet K-
Big Hit Labels

No comments:

Post a Comment