Monday 30 March 2020

SHINee - 1 and 1

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


1 and 1 is SHINee's repackaged album for their 6th full length album 1 of 1, on the 13th of November 2016, the M/V teaser was released for their title track 'Tell Me What To Do'. On the 15th of November 2016, the M/V for 'Tell Me What To Do' was released, along with the physical and digital release of their repackaged album 1 and 1.
Owned by SM Entertainment

The repackaged album includes 2 Cd's, one consisting of only the new songs & their instrumentals, and the 2nd Cd  consisting of the songs from 1 of 1.

Minho co-wrote on the tracks Lipstick and U Need Me.
Minho and Key co-wrote on the track 투명 우산 (Don't Let Me Go).
Jonghyun, Minho and Key co-wrote Don't Stop.
Onew wrote the lyrics for So amazing and 한마디 (Beautiful Life).

*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for 'Tell Me What To Do' has gained 20,753,788 million views, with the views continuing to increase.

1 and 1 is set out in a clear double-jewel Cd case and comes with 2 Cd's. 2 photo books and a random photo card.

Track Listing:
*Cd 1*
Tell Me What To Do
별빛 바램 (Wish Upon A Star)
한마디 (Beautiful Life)
Rescue
If You Love Her
Tell Me What To Do (Inst.)
별빛 바램 (Wish Upon A Star) (Inst.)
한마디 (Beautiful Life) (Inst.)
Rescue (Inst.)

If You Love Her (Inst.)
*Cd 2*
Prism
1 of 1
Feel Good
투명 우산 (Don't Let Me Go)
Lipstick
Don't Stop
Shift
U Need Me
So Amazing






































 I want to start off by saying I was so disappointed with the packaging for this album, having being used to getting amazing album packaging as a K-pop fan, when the packaging is your typical western jewel album case I feel rather let down and disappointed. Even though we get 2 photo books, they are still pretty small compared to SHINee's past photo books, but thankfully the pictures within are stunning and show individul SHINee are not only as individual members but also as a group.
I'm going to be splitting the track list between two posts and share half of the songs in this post and the other half when I'm able to get my hands on 1 of 1.

From the moment it was released, I was in love with Tell Me What To Do. It remains to be one of my favourite SHINee title tracks. I love the melody of this song, SHINee are known for harder songs with harder choreography's, but this one, while still upbeat, seems to focus more on their vocals, with this song they also got to showcase a more elegant choreography. Just everything about this song is on point, especially the vocals. 


Tell Me What To Do

As soon as 별빛 바램 (Wish Upon A Star) starts you know it's going to be a stunning an emotional song. I think it's the perfect song for a Korean drama, I also find it soothing, it leaves me feeling calm, even if the song is a sad love song. I love the melody and I love how they harmonise together, this song is for me just perfect.
별빛 바램 (Wish Upon A Star)

I think I have to say that 한마디 (Beautiful Life) has to be my favourite of the new b-sides from this album.  While still a slower song, the melody is heart-warming, and it's not till I listen to songs like these that I remember how breathtaking each of their voices are when they sing.
한마디 (Beautiful Life)

It's time to up the tempo slightly with Rescue, I love the melody of this song and I absolutely love the chorus. 
Rescue

We're slowing it down again for If You Love Her, I always struggle to get through this song without a few tears appearing. This song from start to finish is breathtaking. The melody, their voices really hold no boundaries, showing that the language barrier just melts away, by just hearing the emotions in all their voices, it makes you think they're singing about you, making you feel special.
If You Love Her

Time have some feel-good music with Feel Good, for me this gives me SHINee vibes, while also with it sounding like a new sound for them. This song makes me think about their Odd and Married To The Music albums. I love the vibe of the song, it gives them a more mature and sensual side, while still being their colourful selves.
Feel Good

The last song for this post that I'll be sharing with you is 투명 우산 (Don't Let Me Go). This song gives me 90's vibes which really fits with the concept of their 1 of 1 album. It sounds like your typical 90's boyband ballad, the main thing I love about this song is their harmonisation.
투명 우산 (Don't Let Me Go)

While I love this album, I actually find this one a lot harder to listen to than their past albums, as it's their last album as 5 members. I'm just glad that while the packaging was disappointing, the actual album itself was far from that. I don't think in my 6 years of listening to SHINee, that I've ever been let down by there music, whether it be as a group or as individuals and I'm sure they will continue to create amazing music, that will forever live in the hearts of Shawol.

Were you a fan of Tell Me What To Do?
Do you have a favourite song from Cd 1 of the album?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!



안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)

Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment