Monday 27 January 2020

DAY6 - The Book of Us: Entropy

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)


The last time I posted about DAY6 was back in July (2019), with their 4th mini album Remember Us: Youth Part 2, today I'm posting about their 3rd full length album; The Book of Us: Entropy.
On the 28th of September 2019, it was reported that DAY6 would be making a comeback in October, which was later confirmed by JYP Entertainment. On the 6th of October 2019, the prologue film "The Book of Us: Entropy"was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 11th of October 2019, Sungjin's teaser images were released.


On the 12th of October 2019, Jae's teaser images were released.


On the 13th of October 2019, Young K's teaser images were released.


On the 18th of October 2019, Wonpil's teaser images were released.


On the 19th of October 2019, Dowoon's teaser images were released.


On the 20th of October 2019, the group teaser images were released, along with the M/V teaser for their title track Sweet Chaos.


Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 21st of October 2019, The Book of Us: Entropy album sampler was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 22nd of October 2019, the M/V for Sweet Chaos was released along with the physical and digital release of their 3rd full length album The Book of Us: Entropy.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 30th of December 2019, the "Deep In Love" 2019 Christmas special concert 'The Present' was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment
On the 31st of December 2019, the "Emergency" VCR 2019 Christmas concert special 'The Present' was released.
Owned by JYP Entertainment

Wonpil co-wrote and co-composed on the track Not Mine.
Young K and Wonpil co-wrote 마치 흘러가는 바람처럼 (Like a Flowing Wind), with Wonpil co-composing on the track.
Young K and Wonpil co-wrote Rescue Me, with Wonpil and Jae co-composing on the track.
Jae co-wrote and co-composed n tracks Emergency and 지금쯤 (About Now).
Young K wrote the lyrics for Not Fine, Deep in Love and title track Sweet Chaos, with Jae, Sungjin, Young K and Wonpil co-composing on the track.
Young K wrote 막말 (Stop Talking), with Young K and Jae co-composing the track.
Young K wrote and co-composed on the tracks 아야야 (Ouch) and 365247.

The Book of Us: Entropy peaked at No.2 on the Gaon Albums Chart and No.10 on the Billboard World Albums Chart.
Gaon Sales:
64,454+
Making this album DAY6's best selling album to date so far.
*YouTube views correct at time of writing post*
The M/V for Sweet Chaos has so far gained 5,201,748 million views.

The Book of Use: Entropy was released in 2 versions Sweet and Chaos, both versions are set out in a hardback book style case and come with the Cd, photo book, a random gathering photo card, a random postcard and a random bookmark.
The photo books for bother versions are different, as well as the Cd plates and album covers, the Sweet version also comes with a random Beginning photo card and the Chaos version also comes with a random Changing photo card.

Track List:
Deep in Love
Sweet Chaos
Emergency
Rescue Me
365247
지금쯤 (About Now)
아야야 (Ouch)
Not Fine
막말 (Stop Talking)
Not Mine
마치 흘러가는 바람처럼 (Like A Flowing Wind)

































Am I really shocked that this album is yet again amazing from start to finish, DAY6 are a band that never fail to impress me when it comes to new music. It's definitely my favourite album from them so far. I think the albums name suits both them and the album very well, this album is so unpredictable that it takes you on a journey from the very first song to the very end of the album, meaning it gives an everlasting impression, making you want to hit the play button as soon as the last song ends.

Whenever I listen to Deep in Love, it transports me back to my younger years listening to pop rock, it also reminds me of BUSTED's Night Driver album. I love the beat of this song, that intro just slaps, and I can't help but sing along with the chorus.
Deep in Love

I think Sweet Chaos has to be one of my favourite title tracks from DAY6, I always love the rockier sounding tracks that they create. It's a completely new sound and style for them and as expected, they pull it off incredibly. From start to finish this song has me singing (well attempting) along as well as taking me back to my pop rock grooving days.
Sweet Chaos

I love how different Emergency is compared to other stuff DAY6 have released. When I first listened to it, I thought it was the weirdest thing I'd ever heard, but that's what made me love it even more. I love the build up to the chorus, as well as the chorus, I can't help but sing and groove along, remember breathe in and out, out of control.
Emergency

I have to say Rescue Me, is one of my main favourite songs from this album, one of the main reasons why I love this song is because I love Sungjin's voice, his husky voice really works with the rock music sound, I wouldn't normally expect a song like this to work really well with either of Jae's or Wonpil's as I think Young K and Sungjin have a more rock sounding voice. But this song suits all their voices and I know this song would sound amazing live. There is just something about this song that I love the music as well as the vocals and lyrics.
Rescue Me

iwee
I love that we go from hardcore rock song to 365247, which is more of a mellow song, which I would think would be a perfect song when it comes to Jae and Wonpil, but everyone stood out and I love everyones high notes, and I have to say one of my favourites parts from this song comes from my favourite drummer Dowoon, it's rare we get to hear Dowoon, but it's always spectacular when we do.
365247

We head into more of the unpredictable with 지금쯤 (About Now), this is another song that's a new sound and style for DAY6. It's such a calming song, Jae created an amazing song that shows off a softer side to the group, proving they have a softness to their vocals, especially Sungjin and Young K, which for me have harder and stronger vocals that tend to fit the more rockier songs. I remember when I first heard this song I didn't know what to think, but it's such a beautiful song.
지금쯤 (About Now)

Keeping it soft, sweet and mellow it's 아야야 (Ouch), the lyrics remind me of GOT7's 니가 하면 (If You Do), which is about how they can't do right by their other half. It also makes me think of their Shoot Me M/V where they placed the words vicious words hurt like a bullet. I really like that even though the song sounds uplifting it's actually a little sad, which I think really works with the lyrics of how words said to them hurt but they try to hide it.
아야야 (Ouch)

There's something about Not Fine, that it reminds me at times of both Taylor Swift's Me, as well as The Greatest Showman, but it still has that DAY6 uniqueness to it, it reminds of something that they've released on a past album. I was really surprised with this song as it went differently to what I was expecting, I love the contrast between the verses and the chorus.
Not Fine

From start to finish of 막말 (Stop Talking) I can't help but tap my foot along, I think DAY6 really shine when they mix rock with a more slower a pop sound as it allows them to show off their softer vocals then come in hard in the chorus. I can't help but feel that this song is aimed at both haters as well as their own and other fandoms, it's their way of reminding that your words can cause heartache and even give that fragile person a push in the wrong direction. For My Day I feel they're trying to tell us that no matter the hate they receive, they won't stop doing what they do, because they do it for them not those that hate on them.
막말 (Stop Talking)

I get Queen vibes from Not Mine, Queen know how to experiment with their music and DAY6 are no different. This song really makes you think about how people change, friends and relationships come and go, and how you can never really know someone, and how you can never really know what they're thinking.
Not Mine

I think 마치 흘러가는 바람처럼 (Like A Flowing Wind) is the most perfect song to end the album with, this song reminds how Wonpil and DAY6 helped me to finally mourn for my grandad 2 years ago. Without even knowing the English translation, it gives me a sense of comfort in that no matter what life throws at me, I will always overcome it and make it through. This song is one of those songs that through the emotion in their voices, there is no language barrier and every time I listen to this song it never fails to bring a few tears as well as warmth and comfort, and feeling that even though they don't know who I am, DAY6 will have my back when I need to turn to them.
마치 흘러가는 바람처럼 (Like A Flowing wind)

For me this is DAY6's best album to date, it shows how talented they are and how they're not scared to try something new, somehow they always make it work. I would love to be able to go see them live one day and take Skye to see and meet Wonpil, I'd also love to be able to thank them for getting me through hard times with their music and thank them for being that hand on my shoulder when I need comfort.

Did you love The Book of Us: Entropy?
Do you have a favourite track?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment