Saturday 8 June 2019

Korean Drama - Moorim School: Saga of the Brave

Hello
안녕하세요 
(Annyeonghaseyo)
こんにちは 
(Konnichiwa)
你好
(Ni Hao)

Google Images
It's been a month since I last did a Korean drama post and this time we're heading to Moorim School: Saga of the Brave. The series was written by Kim Hyun-hee and Yang Jin-ah, while being directed by Lee So-yon.
The South Korean series aired from the 11th of January 2016 concluding on the 8th of March of the same year, 2 episodes a week were aired every Monday and Tuesday in the 21:55 kst time slot. The series contains 16 episodes, with each episode having a 65 minute runtime.

Main Cast:
Lee Hyun-woo as Yoon Shi-woo
Google Images

Lee Hongbin as Wang Chi-ang
Google Images

Seo Ye-ji as Shim Soon-duk
Google Images

Jung Yoo-jin as Hwang Sun-ah
Google Images

Supporting Cast:
Alexander Lee Eusebio as Yeob Jung
Google Images
 

Han Geun-sub as Choi Ho
Google images

Park Shin-woo as Ko Sang-min
Google Images

Z. Hera as Jenny Oh
Google images

Shannon Williams as Shannon
 Google Images

Han Do-woo as Dong Goo
Google Images

Shin Hyun-joon as Hwang Moo-song
 Google Images

Jang Gwang as Bub Gong
Google Images

Jung Hee-tae as Kim Dae-ho
Google Images

Kan Mi-youn as Yoo-di
Google Images

Daniel Lindemann as Daniel
Google Images

Sam Okyere as Sam
 Google Images

Shin Sung-woo as Chae Yoon
 Google Images

Lee Moon-sik as Shim Bong-san
 Google Images

Hong Ji-min as Ko Bang-duk
Google Images

Hwang In-young as Kang Baek-ji
 Google Images

Lee Beom-soo as Wang Hao
Google Images

Set around the mysterious Moorim Institute which teaches it's students virtues including honesty, faith, sacrifice and communication. The teachers and students at the school come from different countries and each have their own stories.

 
 Moorim School: Saga of the Brave trailer

Like many drama's I've watched there are songs part of the OST that I love and takes me back to moments in the drama, Moorim School is no different.
VIXX - Alive

HaSeong - Run

B.I.G - Hey Girl

Hani - Fire

VIXX - The King

Lee Hyun-woo - One Thing

Google Images
It took me such a long time to finally finish this drama, Moorim School would have been my first Korean drama if it hadn't disappeared after the 1st episode. I may be wrong but I think I watched the first episode on Viki, but when I went to watch the 2nd episode, if I remember correctly it was stating that it was no longer available in my country. It's literally taken me 2 years to get this drama completed. I eventually came across it on Netflix so decided to get my teeth stuck into it again, I did take another little break from it when watching it just because I was getting slightly annoyed with some of the characters, but when I did restart again where I left off, I fell straight back in love with the series.
If you've followed my blog, you'll know that I'm a big fan of VIXX, so I was excited to watch a drama with member Hongbin, what I wasn't expecting was to actually really dislike and want to slap his character, which just proves that he did an amazing job as Wang Chi-ang.
It was my first time seeing Lee Hyun-woo, so I was plesantly surprised that I'm now a fan, although getting used to his dark and different hairstyle halfway through the series took me a while.
I've watched both Seo Ye-ji and Jung Yoon-jin once before in other dramas and really enjoyed watching them, it was nice seeing them play different characters to what I'd seen before, with Seo Ye-ji being more serious in her role in Hwarang and Jung Yoon-jin being more authortive in Thirty But Seventeen.
I think overall the casting was pretty good and I loved that actors with different background was used like Shannon showcasing England. A times I did feel myself getting a little bored and wondering when the series would progress but a majority of the time I was on the edge of my seat seeing how the series would play out.
If I had to be honest though for people that are wanting to watch the drama is that it's pretty predictable, I guessed the main plot for the 4 main characters and how the relationship between the 4 of them would change by the final episode, but maybe I'm just used to Korean romance drama's now that I can see how they will all end.
Even though I wasn't always happy with the plot and script, I'd happily recommend others to take the time to sit and watch it as overall I did love the cast and characters and it made me want to look into the cast a lot more on other projects they have done.

Google Images
A little update on the drama's I've watched and currently watching, I'm not wanting to just focus on Korean dramas, so I've been adding Japanese and Chinese drama to my list. I've still not completed A Korean Odyssey, all will be revealed why when I finally complete it a make a post on it. I've only just recently started to get back into my drama watching so I have completed Chinese dram Well-Intended love with is on Netlfix as well as now being in the process of watching He Is Psychometric.

Have you watched Moorim School?
Were you a fan?
Let me know in the comments below.

See you soon!


안녕
(Annyeong)
さようなら
(Sayonara)
再见
(ZaiJian)
Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment